Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:35 am

brywool wrote:That IS warming up for MANY singers. A lot of singers don't warm up. Some of them warm up too much and it screws with their performances. It's funny there are as many regimens, superstitions, hurdles that singers go through before a show and then others that just walk on and do it. So weird how it works easily for some and not for others. Some people have damage on their cords that help their voice be the way it is. Mariah Carey actually has nodules and that's how she can hit those nuttyass whistle register things that she does (and yeah, her voice isn't what it once was, but hey). With Deen, he should probably just leave well enough alone unless he's having issues, which I don't hear in his singing.

Herbie always said that Chalfant didn't warm-up either.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby slucero » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:29 am

Perry went to the College of the Sequoias, in Visalia, California, where he sang first tenor in the choir... he likely got vocal instruction there.

I remember Herbie mentioning they hired a vocal coach for the band too... so Perry had lots if instruction on singing technique

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Arkansas » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:00 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote: Herbie always said that Chalfant didn't warm-up either.

Seems I remember some odd comment about KC could "go from eating a cheeseburger off stage directly to singing on stage", or something like that.

Read similar things about Rob Halford from Judas Priest. No warmup, just instantly start screaming. Can't imagine singing the JP catalog either, especially without an extensive warmup.

later~
Arkansas
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:50 am

Arkansas wrote:Seems I remember some odd comment about KC could "go from eating a cheeseburger off stage directly to singing on stage", or something like that.

Read similar things about Rob Halford from Judas Priest. No warmup, just instantly start screaming. Can't imagine singing the JP catalog either, especially without an extensive warmup.

later~

Hamburger quote is from the castles burning interview. Kevin also responded to that quote.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:30 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Arkansas wrote:Seems I remember some odd comment about KC could "go from eating a cheeseburger off stage directly to singing on stage", or something like that.

later~

Hamburger quote is from the castles burning interview. Kevin also responded to that quote.

Would that be from the White Castle's burning interview? :)
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby lparn » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:18 pm

I would buy this show on dvd/ cd in 2seconds
lparn
45 RPM

Postby Archetype » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:35 pm

lparn wrote:I would buy this show on dvd/ cd in 2seconds

I would purchase it in one second.
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby lparn » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:24 pm

Any word on a dvd from this show
lparn
45 RPM

Postby steveo777 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:09 pm

lparn wrote:Any word on a dvd from this show

Being filmed for a potential DVD doesn't always mean there will be one. A lot of Journey concerts were filmed, but not released.
I'd sure like to be able to get a DVD of this show.
steveo777
MP3

Postby Aaron » Thu May 03, 2018 1:55 pm

I’ve gotten a chance to get caught up Journey while on vacation. I’ve listened to neal’s journey Through Time gig and all I can say is wow! I said it 20 years ago and I’ll say it again Deen Castronovo should be out front on the mic. The dude is awesome and can sing the catalog, in the original key. I’d pay more to see this band than the current incarnation of Journey. They really delivered.

Note to Neal, go grab Gregg, go grab Deen and deliver. I’ll be there.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Thu May 03, 2018 3:05 pm

Yes. Neal needs to put out a new album of new material with Deen on vocals and Gregg on some vocals, too, and so on. It would be a fun project like the Santana reunion from a few years back. The new album would rock. Neal would love that. So, perhaps it will happen!
JourneyHard
8 Track

Previous

Return to Journey