Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby tater1977 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:51 pm

Last edited by tater1977 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4892
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby Lora » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:54 pm

I can't feel my feet. I forgot that I am not 30 any more and standing up in a club for 5 hours hurts. But it was so worth it.

Didn't take my phone out (I never do) so no photos or videos. Didn't write the set list down but I'm sure others did. It was beyond my expectations.

They played two sets. Started around 9:30 and ended at around 12:45.

What I remember, in no particular order. I know I left some out: Look Into The Future, I'm Gonna Leave You, Kohoutek, Of A Lifetime, People, Mystery Mountain, Lights, Wheel In The Sky, LTS, Anyway You Want It, Lady Luck, Walks Like A Lady, Opened The Door, La Do Da, DSB, Just The Same Way, Feeling That Way / Anytime, Separate Ways, Line Of Fire, Mother Father. Deen & Neal came out after the break and did an acoustic medley of Patiently/Still They Ride/Trial By Fire. They ended the show with a bad-ass version of Black Magic Woman and then Oye Como Va.

I haven't seen Neal look that happy in a very long time. I have never seen Gregg smile so much. It was really messing with my head hearing Gregg playing Jon Cain era songs. Hammond on Separate Ways? The crowd was so into the older material. It was funny seeing a stronger reaction to Look Into The Future than DSB. Deen did okay. Sounded a bit rough on some songs in the first set but was better in the second half.

Neal and Gregg are a magic combination. I can't believe I actually got to see some of those songs live. What a night.
User avatar
Lora
8 Track
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:59 am

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby tater1977 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:55 pm

Last edited by tater1977 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4892
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby tater1977 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:23 pm

Lora wrote:I can't feel my feet. I forgot that I am not 30 any more and standing up in a club for 5 hours hurts. But it was so worth it.

Didn't take my phone out (I never do) so no photos or videos. Didn't write the set list down but I'm sure others did. It was beyond my expectations.

They played two sets. Started around 9:30 and ended at around 12:45.

What I remember, in no particular order. I know I left some out: Look Into The Future, I'm Gonna Leave You, Kohoutek, Of A Lifetime, People, Mystery Mountain, Lights, Wheel In The Sky, LTS, Anyway You Want It, Lady Luck, Walks Like A Lady, Opened The Door, La Do Da, DSB, Just The Same Way, Feeling That Way / Anytime, Separate Ways, Line Of Fire, Mother Father. Deen & Neal came out after the break and did an acoustic medley of Patiently/Still They Ride/Trial By Fire. They ended the show with a bad-ass version of Black Magic Woman and then Oye Como Va.

I haven't seen Neal look that happy in a very long time. I have never seen Gregg smile so much. It was really messing with my head hearing Gregg playing Jon Cain era songs. Hammond on Separate Ways? The crowd was so into the older material. It was funny seeing a stronger reaction to Look Into The Future than DSB. Deen did okay. Sounded a bit rough on some songs in the first set but was better in the second half.

Neal and Gregg are a magic combination. I can't believe I actually got to see some of those songs live. What a night.

Sounds like you had a great time. Watching some of these vids lol had to smile, haven't seen grins onstage that big in years.
More vids I'm sure to come. Lora thanks for the update. The show ending was badass. Thanks
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4892
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:21 pm

Thanks everyone for the links. Here is what I believe is the complete set list in order:

Holy crap, what a set list! ALthough I love what I am hearing so far, I am glad I sold my ticket. Five hours of standing for this old man ( even if Steve Perry was there), would have been a lot. A little surprised by the Santana stuff, but I get it.

SET 1
I’m gonna leave you
Look into the future
Kohoutek
Daydream
La Do Da
Line of fire
Walks like a lady
Feeling That way
Anytime
Lights
Still They Ride
Separate Ways
Loving touchin squeezin
Wheel in the sky

SET 2
Patiently
Trial by fire
Stay awhile
Mystery Mountain
Of a lifetime
Just the same way
Where were you
Loving you is easy
Lady Luck
You’re on your own
Hustler
Nickel and Dime
People
Mother Father
Any way you want it
Don’t stop believing
Black Magic Woman
Oye como va
bellairepark73
45 RPM
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:48 am

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby bellairepark73 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:23 pm

There was no "special guest" as "spilt" but it may have been Santana but at the last minute, he couldn't come.
bellairepark73
45 RPM
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:48 am

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby tater1977 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:53 pm

Better sound / videos on - https://www.facebook.com/BananasAtLarge/
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4892
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby Eric » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:12 am

WOW-ZA

Little surprised no Higher Place or something off Eclipse?
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3392
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2002 12:51 am

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby tater1977 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:12 am

This YouTube channel has all the videos for last nites performances -
Great quality-

hokieokie1

https://www.youtube.com/user/hokieokie1/videos
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4892
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby Loneman1 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:10 am

I was looking forward to hearing reviews.......really wish I could have been there!!! Thanks for all the links guys!!
Rock on,
Eric
User avatar
Loneman1
LP
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:52 am
Location: Utah, formerly from the Bay Area, CA

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby Art Vandelay » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:11 am

tater1977 wrote:This YouTube channel has all the videos for last nites performances -
Great quality-

hokieokie1

https://www.youtube.com/user/hokieokie1/videos


That was epic. Thank you for sharing.

These videos read like a note to Jonathan, Ross, and Arnel: Your services are no longer needed. Thank you for your time. Smitty, you can hang around if you wish!
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1367
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:26 pm

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby Marzdog » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:26 am

Only review i needed was Lora's. Many thanks!
Marzdog
45 RPM
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:05 am
Location: Beautiful Southern California

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby tj » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:56 am

This looks like a lot of fun. I don't see it replacing Neal's gig with Jon, Ross and Arnel, but a fun side show. Getting 500 people in San Francisco to come to this is one thing, getting thousands of people to show up to each show across the country is a whole lot more challenging.
User avatar
tj
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1293
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:55 am
Location: State of Confusion

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby steveo777 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:08 pm

Wow! Those guys are great together. Looked like they were enjoying the hell out of it. It's great to see Deen playing with Neal again and Gregg in there too! Now this makes me wonder if Deen will eventually find his way back into Journey. I could be happy with Gregg back in Journey too, but I doubt he will want to tour. Remember, "you couldn't pay me a million dollars to pack another suit case".......
User avatar
steveo777
MP3
 
Posts: 11225
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: Citrus Heights, Ca

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby JourneyHard » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:28 pm

When does the CD of this come out? :D
JourneyHard
8 Track
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby slucero » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:39 pm

Watched all the vids on hokieokie1's youtube page...

My favorite: Patiently, Trial By Fire, Stay Awhile... what a great medley.... Neal was BEAMING... and Deen was so ON.


Daydream, Lady Luck, Of A Lifetime... EPIC...


Feelin That Way/Anytime... chills to hear Greg sing that again... and Deen.... wow again.


Greg was cracking me up at how he was enjoying watching Deen play and sing....

and the joy on Neals face!.... I haven't seen this in a loooong time... even his playing seemed more controlled...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.


~Albert Einstein
User avatar
slucero
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5404
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:17 pm

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby steveo777 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:50 pm

All the elements and talent reside in this grouping to write and perform the next Journey album. Just do it.
Fuck Cain!
User avatar
steveo777
MP3
 
Posts: 11225
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: Citrus Heights, Ca

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby Gideon » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:39 am

Watched the vids, was very impressed all around. Just an awesome concert... I hope it sees a full, formal release on Blu-ray and CD.

I've always preferred Journey's efforts when Cain came on board. To me, the magic of SP/NS/JC represents Journey at its peak musically, creatively, and commercially. That said, there are a lot of gems in the GR era, too. So it was nice to see this.

Also, gotta love that people are shouting Motley Crue's "She's Got Looks to Kill" lyrics when Neal begins the intro to "Where Were You." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very similar riff.
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
User avatar
Gideon
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4368
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:12 am
Location: Kentucky.

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:39 am

steveo777 wrote:All the elements and talent reside in this grouping to write and perform the next Journey album. Just do it.
Fuck Cain!


Agreed. 100%
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 13441
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby tater1977 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:55 am

Neal Schon FB
https://www.facebook.com/schonmusic?fref=photo

Here’s a bit of much better sounding clip then the crap sound ultimate classic rock is (demoting ) geez ... zzzz lol
I have it all on HD protocols

Walks like a Lady
You’re on you Own from last night
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4892
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby brywool » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:30 am

Jana wrote:Steve Perry can't even manage to put out an album he's been working on it feels like for ten years, and you think he would actually go out and do some kind of tour or appearances all on new material written with Neal and Gregg?


God, no shit. I cannot believe that this still comes up every day, especially in THIS group. I get that 'soccer moms' that think Journey only recorded "Don't Stop Believing" and then hung it up keep banging this drum, but they don't know any better. But hardcore fans that follow this particular board? Wow.

I heard most of the videos and I thought the show was really cool. I especially loved "Lady Luck". Dayum, it was so cool hearing that and Deen sang the hell out of it. Same with "Loving You Is Easy". SO cool to hear those lost gems. There were a few other songs where I had a similar reaction. The only one (that I heard) that I didn't like was "Where Were You". That song is a tough song and, unless I'm mistaken, the band did it at least a step lower. It kinda sucked the life out of it (my opinion). I was surprised that "Saturday Night" wasn't in there. That's a great Greg tune and it woulda been cool to hear it.

Since Deen was the vocal focus, he shoulda been in the front as a front guy or with his kit up front. It's a cool look too- or at least give him a drum riser. Looks like he was on the floor.

As far as a 'message' to the other guys. I think that's exactly what this was (among other things). Greg has been touring with Ringo the past few years, so it seems that he's now ok with a suitcase. That's what happens when your kids grow up and move out "Shit! I gotta find something to DO!". Personally, I'm pretty 'over' Jon and his newfound religion but more so his political bent with his wife. Great that you've found god, Jon. God doesn't belong in politics, especially when the person you are backing is as far from a Christian as you can get. I don't get what Jon is thinking there (or anyone else to be honest), but I know that "The Prosperity Gospel" rubs me the wrong way. EXTREMELY. Jon always seemed like a real thoughtful guy, but it's hard not to have Herbie Herbert's description rolling around in my brain when I see where he's at now. Would love to be wrong about him. It was also pretty crappy of Jon to not allow Greg to be on stage with them at the RRHOF show (if Neal is to be believed).

I'm bummed that Neal seems to be pushing Arnel aside (yeah, I know, I'm still a big fan of him). It seemed they were especially tight and, say what you want, Arnel has been a workhorse for the band and has respected the gig from day one. You can tell how thankful he is to have the gig. He explained his trip to the White House as "It was to see American history" (I'm paraphrasing). That works for me. The White House is hugely historical and I understand wanting to see it. Having listened and read Pineda's thoughts over the years, I have a hard time imagining that he's proTrump. He seems to be such a good person who is very much NOT about himself, or cash, but other people. He's a good dude. (Not sure if Drumpf is Neal's issue or not). With Jon, I just can't get past his wife's stuff and also his non-interest in new Journey music. The fact that he was standing with Jim Bakker... I can't get over that image and I'm completely baffled by it.

As to whether Deen is better than Arnel at singing these songs... I dunno, but Deen hasn't had to sing this stuff on a tour, just at a gig. Not to say he couldn't. He sings the hell out of this stuff for sure. Arnel has had to live these songs on a tour. He's done a great job and I think what'd be great to see is Arnel and Deen with Neal and Ross. Jon or Greg... Bring em both. Smitty has Vital Information and I think that's where his heart is.

Oh yeah... and TNC CAN SING. I heard him and he was great.
NO. He's NOT Steve F'ing Perry. But he's Arnel F'ing Pineda and I'm okay with that.
User avatar
brywool
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 7611
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:54 am

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby Jana » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:15 pm

Gregg!!!!!! (My dream has been to see him reunited with Journey)
there with Neal, and Deen back sounding good !!!!!

What a set list. I'm only partially the way through. So far the highlights for me are:

You're On Your Own
Feeling That Way
Anytime
Just the Same Way
Look Into the Future
Of a Lifetime

I've missed hearing Deen sing Still They Ride live. What a nice treat.

I also loved the Patiently/Trial by Fire/Stay Awhile medley with Deen and Neal. It was fantastic and emotional.

Neal, please, after your big Dirty Dozen tour for the money with Jonathan Cain-White, get this group back together and do a tour in smaller venues for the fans during your time off.

I can't wait for a DVD of this.
Last edited by Jana on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 8216
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:21 pm
Location: Anticipating

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby Jana » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:39 pm

brywool wrote:
Jana wrote:Steve Perry can't even manage to put out an album he's been working on it feels like for ten years, and you think he would actually go out and do some kind of tour or appearances all on new material written with Neal and Gregg?


God, no shit. I cannot believe that this still comes up every day, especially in THIS group. I get that 'soccer moms' that think Journey only recorded "Don't Stop Believing" and then hung it up keep banging this drum, but they don't know any better. But hardcore fans that follow this particular board? Wow.

I heard most of the videos and I thought the show was really cool. I especially loved "Lady Luck". Dayum, it was so cool hearing that and Deen sang the hell out of it. Same with "Loving You Is Easy". SO cool to hear those lost gems. There were a few other songs where I had a similar reaction. The only one (that I heard) that I didn't like was "Where Were You". That song is a tough song and, unless I'm mistaken, the band did it at least a step lower. It kinda sucked the life out of it (my opinion). I was surprised that "Saturday Night" wasn't in there. That's a great Greg tune and it woulda been cool to hear it.

Since Deen was the vocal focus, he shoulda been in the front as a front guy or with his kit up front. It's a cool look too- or at least give him a drum riser. Looks like he was on the floor.

As far as a 'message' to the other guys. I think that's exactly what this was (among other things). Greg has been touring with Ringo the past few years, so it seems that he's now ok with a suitcase. That's what happens when your kids grow up and move out "Shit! I gotta find something to DO!". Personally, I'm pretty 'over' Jon and his newfound religion but more so his political bent with his wife. Great that you've found god, Jon. God doesn't belong in politics, especially when the person you are backing is as far from a Christian as you can get. I don't get what Jon is thinking there (or anyone else to be honest), but I know that "The Prosperity Gospel" rubs me the wrong way. EXTREMELY. Jon always seemed like a real thoughtful guy, but it's hard not to have Herbie Herbert's description rolling around in my brain when I see where he's at now. Would love to be wrong about him. It was also pretty crappy of Jon to not allow Greg to be on stage with them at the RRHOF show (if Neal is to be believed).

I'm bummed that Neal seems to be pushing Arnel aside (yeah, I know, I'm still a big fan of him). It seemed they were especially tight and, say what you want, Arnel has been a workhorse for the band and has respected the gig from day one. You can tell how thankful he is to have the gig. He explained his trip to the White House as "It was to see American history" (I'm paraphrasing). That works for me. The White House is hugely historical and I understand wanting to see it. Having listened and read Pineda's thoughts over the years, I have a hard time imagining that he's proTrump. He seems to be such a good person who is very much NOT about himself, or cash, but other people. He's a good dude. (Not sure if Drumpf is Neal's issue or not). With Jon, I just can't get past his wife's stuff and also his non-interest in new Journey music. The fact that he was standing with Jim Bakker... I can't get over that image and I'm completely baffled by it.

As to whether Deen is better than Arnel at singing these songs... I dunno, but Deen hasn't had to sing this stuff on a tour, just at a gig. Not to say he couldn't. He sings the hell out of this stuff for sure. Arnel has had to live these songs on a tour. He's done a great job and I think what'd be great to see is Arnel and Deen with Neal and Ross. Jon or Greg... Bring em both. Smitty has Vital Information and I think that's where his heart is.

Oh yeah... and TNC CAN SING. I heard him and he was great.


I agree with your thoughts on everything. And that Jim Bakker infomercial/interview Jonathan did was mind-boggling. Jim Bakker is nothing but an embezzler, a con-artist, a convicted felon. Well, lower was helping his very own con-artist wife push for low-income parishioners to give up a month's paycheck to go into the coffers of the ever-so-spiritual Paula White.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape
 
Posts: 8216
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:21 pm
Location: Anticipating

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby SoonerThunder » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:23 pm

DSB is not an easy song to play on drums, and Deen just nailed it AND sang lead at the same time. Damn!
User avatar
SoonerThunder
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:04 am
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby slucero » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:16 pm

I listen to Deen sing Daydream... and its so badass...

Then I listen to Perry sing it at Comisky Park in 1979.. and think... "FUCK ME"..... we were SO LUCKY to have heard Perry sing this... he was just on a a completely other level.. amazing....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHiXMpe3MEw

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.


~Albert Einstein
User avatar
slucero
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5404
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:17 pm

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby Greg » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:15 am

I've watched about half of the clips so far and man, I am freakin' blown away! I've never been a HUGE fan of the jam-band version of Journey. There are a few, select songs that I like from that era, but I can't say that I have sat down and listened to either of those albums from start to finish. However, this gig has gotten me more interested in doing so. And, it's given me new-found joy in the Infinity-Departure era of Journey.

I've always said, the very song that got me into Journey as a kid was Separate Ways, but I could literally be just fine going to a concert with this line-up and hearing only Gregg Rolie era material. That stuff flat out rocked! Deen killed it! Was so great seeing Rolie up there, and I think he was so appreciative to the pop that Journey got, er, I mean, this group of musicians got on some of those songs like Of a Lifetime for instance. It was weird hearing Rolie play the organ on Separate Ways, but it wasn't bad at all. In fact, I think it helped to give the song a fuller sound.

I do agree with you guys in that Deen needs to either be up front with his drums or he needs to be on a riser. But, considering that this was kind of a one-off, trial thing, that was probably never thought of. Cowboy Mouth's lead vocalist is also the drummer, and that's how they have their stage arranged, with the drummer up front in the middle. I'm hoping this isn't the last time we hear this combination, because I'm all for it!
User avatar
Greg
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2300
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:16 am
Location: Stealth Mode

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby lparn » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:02 am

Is there any word or information about a dvd frim this show
Loved the set list Deen was incredible
lparn
45 RPM
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:39 am

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby Lora » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:19 am

slucero wrote:I listen to Deen sing Daydream... and its so badass...

Then I listen to Perry sing it at Comisky Park in 1979.. and think... "FUCK ME"..... we were SO LUCKY to have heard Perry sing this... he was just on a a completely other level.. amazing....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHiXMpe3MEw


Yep. Completely on another level. I also feel very fortunate to have seen so many Perry-fronted shows.

I really enjoyed Journey Through Time. These guys were only together for a few days to rehearse ALL those songs, so I would never critique their performance, but... I have read so many over-the-top comments about Deen's phenomenal performance. Were these people at the same show I attended? Yes, it is difficult to play drums and sing. Yes, he has overcome a lot in his life. Yes, the sound wasn't great. But let's not get carried away. The show was outstanding for what it was - old friends who came together to raise some money for charity, play some great tunes and have fun. :)
User avatar
Lora
8 Track
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:59 am

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:29 am

If Neal could be cloned, one version of him would play the typical Dirty Dozen with the Cain version of Journey, and the other Neal would play with the Rolie, Castronovo, Mendoza line-up doing the set that they played the other night, and they played on the same night as each other.... I would go see the Rolie, Castronovo, Mendoza line-up at least 9 out of every 10 times.

This is what Neal needs to be doing now. Dump Cain, play with Rolie, and focus mostly on the Rolie era of Journey. They can throw in a couple of Cain era songs per-show, but mostly songs from the Journey-S/T through Departure era.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3600
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: The Best Location In the Nation

Re: Schon Talks 'Journey Through Time'

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:22 pm

They could release one CD for Part One of this concert and release another CD a year later with Part Two. :D
JourneyHard
8 Track
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ScarabFan and 3 guests