Dream After Dream Import - Half Mastered

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Dream After Dream Import - Half Mastered

Postby scarab » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:56 am

Remember buying this import limited edition numbered album when I was 12 ish for 20 bucks. Which was a small fortune for me.
It was actually in a music shop for months before i bit. Damn i miss the days going to music shops.
I think it has a number around 800/5000 or so.
Destroyed the cover by bringing it to a friend who had a turntable in my backpack.
Can't remember what happened to the original record itself, was just so bummed i ruined the cover.
KQRS had an album expert on today and always thought what it would be worth today...
He brought up examples worth thousands

I can breathe a little sigh of relief...

https://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=93203

and does anyone remember when it was finally put on CD The Rape was changed to the Rafe?
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Re: Dream After Dream Import - Half Mastered

Postby chynablue » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:38 pm

My story is pretty much the same, except I found it at a Sam goody and purchased it immediately! The Half mastered version was the only one out there for a LONG time. I told Neal a few years back that I owned this version, and later picked it up on cassette and finally import CD. LOVE this record so much, along with Late Nite.
chynablue
45 RPM

Postby scarab » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:23 am

okay i am only mostly crazy, not quite fully yet...
it was the cassette I remember seeing at a used record shop that lsited the rape as "the rafe"
And on ebay you can buy the half master for under what i paid way back when.

https://www.ebay.com/i/192171887990?chn=ps

and its funny how theres forums out there with people obsessed over finding any footage of the movie including some that it never existed. :shock: :lol:
Last edited by scarab on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby chynablue » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:10 am

scarab wrote:and its funny how theres forums out there with people obsessed over finding any footage of the movie including some that it never existed. :shock: :lol:

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I was one of those people who hunted down the movie. It's a grainy VHS copy which I might have converted to DVD at some point down the line. It was difficult to watch, or to follow. But it does exist. :)
chynablue
45 RPM

Postby JourneyHard » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:17 am

I bought the cassette of Dream, After Dream a long way back in the 1980's. It has "Rafe."

Later, I found the CD which I didn't know existed.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby brywool » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:58 am

"Little Girl" is a masterpiece. The band shoulda added it to Departure. Such a great song.
NO. He's NOT Steve F'ing Perry. But he's Arnel F'ing Pineda and I'm okay with that.
brywool
Digital Audio Tape

Postby scarab » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:16 am

brywool wrote:"Little Girl" is a masterpiece. The band shoulda added it to Departure. Such a great song.

I agree. I bought the 45 for Open Arms that had a version on it.
When I bought Dream after Dream I thought those songs were going to more in that vibe.

Replacing Im Crying with Little Girl would have been great.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey