Interest in a new live album

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Interest in a new live album

Postby tj » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:32 pm

Since the band seems to be unable to agree on a new music for an album, what about a new live album? The GH are on the Manila live DVD, but would there be any fan interest in live versions of deeper cuts and/or post Perry material? Chicago is putting out what seems like their 400th live album, which I don't think there is much of a market for any more, but Journey seems more relevant these days than Chicago.
tj
Cassette Tape

Re: Interest in a new live album

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:06 am

tj wrote:Since the band seems to be unable to agree on a new music for an album, what about a new live album? The GH are on the Manila live DVD, but would there be any fan interest in live versions of deeper cuts and/or post Perry material? Chicago is putting out what seems like their 400th live album, which I don't think there is much of a market for any more, but Journey seems more relevant these days than Chicago.

There were some talks of an orchestral DVD/album.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Gideon » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:24 am

There's been a lot of opportunity for a new live album or blu-ray. Both Vegas residencies were filmed, right? Along with the Hollywood Bowl orchestral concert and the Japan Escape/Frontiers concert?
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby kgdjpubs » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:49 pm

I'd love to see the release of the Raised on Radio tour. If the recent Journey Through Time concert was professionally recorded, that would be interesting to hear as well. I think we have more than enough stuff from the current lineup considering the setlist hardly ever changes.
kgdjpubs
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:25 am

Journey could do a new album live. They would have to do it in Vegas or somewhere and invite all their friends and family to make sure the place was full. Then just stick Don't Stop Believin on as the last song and casual fans will buy it.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Return to Journey