City of the Angels in Walmart

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

City of the Angels in Walmart

Postby tj » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:24 am

I was in Walmart a while ago and City of the Angels came om. No LTS prior. I think it has probably been 35 years since I last heard it on its own.
tj
Cassette Tape

Re: City of the Angels in Walmart

Postby Archetype » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:18 am

I recently heard Where Did I Lose Your Love in Walmart
"It's really important if you're going to remain a valid band that you play your new stuff. Otherwise you become a parody of what you started out doing." - Janick Gers of Iron Maiden
Archetype
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:12 am

All the Way back in the day was in heavy roation at Walgreens. :lol:

Never once heard it on the radio.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Greg » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:52 am

Always loved that song. Should've been a bigger hit in my opinion. (City of the Angels)

The last time I heard the "latest" Journey song played on a terrestrial radio station was when Journey came out with TBF. The song was "If He Should Break Your Heart". I heard it that one time on the radio. I was so excited that radio was releasing another song off of that album. Man, just think, had they toured behind that album, it would have been an impressive comeback. But, it was only that one time I heard that song. I did hear When You Love A Woman a few times, but not nearly played as much as Celine Dion or Stone Temple Pilots.

Never, ever, heard one Steve Augeri led Journey song on the radio. Never heard any Arnel Pineda led Journey songs on the radio, although I do know radio did play After All These Years, I just never heard it myself when I listened to terrestrial radio.

That's what kind of made it so amazing for Journey to have the success they did with Revelation, although I do remember the argument about Wal-Mart releasing it as a double disc and it getting counted twice and all that. Still, it was amazing that they really didn't have any support from radio.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey