Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Journey 2018 Tour

Postby tater1977 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:29 am

These guys must have gotten their chocolate fixes last night
before the concert.

- Watch 4.15 - 4.50 mark . Jon must have been given a
double dose. Watch Smitty look at Neal at the end. :lol:

"Wheel in the Sky & Faithfully & Guitar Solo" Journey@Hersheypark PA Stadium 5/25/18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h8pPrNm7Xw
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby bellairepark73 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:50 am

It sounds like a hot mess. What in the world? Arnel's high notes are clear but it sounds very lazy. They needed more practice.
I didn't see anything really note worthy about the looks. Please share what you saw.
bellairepark73
45 RPM

Postby tater1977 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:55 am

I see Arnel was wearing Perry's white Nikes with the red swish last night, at the Hershey gig.
Wonder if AP and SP are going into the tennis shoe business together now ?
:lol:
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:57 am

https://www.facebook.com/payton.skinner ... tion=group

:shock: :D :shock:
about the first 1.30 secs of vid.
someone changed up the setlist - Where Did I Lose Your Love
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby JourneyHard » Mon May 28, 2018 2:48 am

tater1977 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/payton.skinner.1/videos/2002799193314677/?hc_ref=ARQ-6PqjhCEGcWp8KJtTrTB34YH-N4dsuUNPcPJqZqgBPHzN1ISFj3VPHbi4vLpLIDE&fref=gs&dti=159671711668&hc_location=group

Journey has so many songs. They should throw in a different song for every show. It might be hard to do, but they are Journey. They can do it. I know they can.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby ebake02 » Mon May 28, 2018 3:55 am

tater1977 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/payton.skinner.1/videos/2002799193314677/?hc_ref=ARQ-6PqjhCEGcWp8KJtTrTB34YH-N4dsuUNPcPJqZqgBPHzN1ISFj3VPHbi4vLpLIDE&fref=gs&dti=159671711668&hc_location=group

I was at the show last night and was pleasantly surprised when they played that instead of Only The Young. Someone needs to tell Neal to cut out the self indulgent guitar solos too, half of the arena was walking out for a beer run. Def Leppard had the crowd amped up for their entire set, Journey would get the crowd amped up then Neal would completely lose all that energy with an endless diarrhea guitar solo.

Steve Brown from Trixter did a fantastic job subbing for Phil Collen too, especially on such short notice.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon May 28, 2018 4:41 am

Cool that they threw a Revelation song in the mix.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby scarab » Mon May 28, 2018 4:48 am

glad they did an Arnel song. Should do more of the rocking songs on Revelation and Eclipse.
bummed they dropped Chain Reaction.
The Whole Lights/Cain Medley/Open Arms/Whos crying now must be great for the beer sellers. :D
Seriously, they dropped Open Arms sometimes at the last go round with Leppard...
And to play 4 ballads in a row?
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby RedWingFan » Mon May 28, 2018 10:12 am

lparn wrote:A friend of mine went and said def leppard was excellent and she was disappointed with journey

That's the most popular opinion I've been reading online. That's how it was last time I seen them with Foreigner opening. Foreigner kicked their ass.
Seven Wishes wrote:"Abysmal? He's the most proactive President since Clinton, and he's bringing much-needed change for the better to a nation that has been tyrannized by the worst President since Hoover."- 7 Wishes on Pres. Obama
RedWingFan
Digital Audio Tape

Postby tater1977 » Mon May 28, 2018 4:18 pm

https://www.facebook.com/schonmusic/

Stanley -
neal, i have to express myself right now... you guys started 5 days ago, 3 shows in to the tour and i have to admit that i am very disappointed in the setlist you guys are playing because it's basically the same damn thing you guys have been playing ever since 2016...without any little changes whatsoever in the order or the songs being played... what the hell?? i know it's not you but this is ridiculous in a way... i'm driving down to Newark from canada to see you guys and also flying to Vegas but now i am a little bummed out... saw you in '01, '05, '08,2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 but missed out on last year's tour with Asia because of the same situation...setlist...thought it would change a bit because you are touring again with Def Leppard which is a "hard" band to tour with but i guess i was wrong, this is constructive criticism and not bashing coming from a diehard fan that knows every song from each of your albums by heart and that loves your band to death... at least in Albany you guys played Ask the Lonely which i hope to see live again this time around..!

Neal Schon - What can I say but I agree
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Mon May 28, 2018 4:22 pm

https://www.facebook.com/schonmusic/

Eric - Glad to hear a song from Revelation last night.

Neal Schon - Where did I lose your love

Neal Schon - Hopefully a bit more adventurous now that we are up and going
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby steveo777 » Mon May 28, 2018 5:37 pm

tater1977 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/schonmusic/

Stanley -
neal, i have to express myself right now... you guys started 5 days ago, 3 shows in to the tour and i have to admit that i am very disappointed in the setlist you guys are playing because it's basically the same damn thing you guys have been playing ever since 2016...without any little changes whatsoever in the order or the songs being played... what the hell?? i know it's not you but this is ridiculous in a way... i'm driving down to Newark from canada to see you guys and also flying to Vegas but now i am a little bummed out... saw you in '01, '05, '08,2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 but missed out on last year's tour with Asia because of the same situation...setlist...thought it would change a bit because you are touring again with Def Leppard which is a "hard" band to tour with but i guess i was wrong, this is constructive criticism and not bashing coming from a diehard fan that knows every song from each of your albums by heart and that loves your band to death... at least in Albany you guys played Ask the Lonely which i hope to see live again this time around..!

Neal Schon - What can I say but I agree

He seems like he has no control over the set list. Who does? If it's Cain, I'll double down on "it's time to go." An old fashioned word for stuck in one's ways is "staid". Cain is staid in his ways, or management is. Maybe I won't see them this year, unless I see that they are changing it up.
steveo777
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon May 28, 2018 11:13 pm

RedWingFan wrote:
lparn wrote:A friend of mine went and said def leppard was excellent and she was disappointed with journey

That's the most popular opinion I've been reading online. That's how it was last time I seen them with Foreigner opening. Foreigner kicked their ass.

My friend said she couldn't hear Arnel at all. Vocals buried in the mix.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby tater1977 » Tue May 29, 2018 2:03 pm

Ok at 2.50 , name of song :?:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1RDxldyEzRrxL
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Gideon » Tue May 29, 2018 2:07 pm

tater1977 wrote:Ok at 2.50 , name of song :?:

Wildest Dream
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Tue May 29, 2018 2:13 pm

Gideon wrote:
tater1977 wrote:Ok at 2.50 , name of song :?:

Wildest Dream

Thanks couldn't think of the damn name.
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:03 pm

Journey Setlist
at Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH, USA
May
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/journey/ ... d13e6.html
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Eric » Tue May 29, 2018 11:47 pm

tater1977 wrote:Journey Setlist
at Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH, USA
May
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/journey/ ... d13e6.html

Better indeed.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby brywool » Wed May 30, 2018 2:43 am

Wildest Dream. AWESOME.
NO. He's NOT Steve F'ing Perry. But he's Arnel F'ing Pineda and I'm okay with that.
brywool
Digital Audio Tape

Postby scarab » Wed May 30, 2018 4:45 am

very cool, another rocker!
an is it just me is that this could be a leppard song?
kinda that feel
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby marco17 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:12 am

scarab wrote:very cool, another rocker!
kinda that feel

I don't know who went on first that night, but my thought would be that possibly the nights DL goes on first, they have everyone amp'd up more with their "rockier" set and then J was falling flat w/their ballad heavy set, so they needed to add a little more "umpf". Will be interested to see if it continues, but nice to see a couple different tracks.

I always wished I could have heard the Augeri demo of WDILYL, as I believe that song's life started during his tenure.
marco17
8 Track

Postby scarab » Wed May 30, 2018 6:30 am

marco17 wrote:
kinda that feel

I don't know who went on first that night, but my thought would be that possibly the nights DL goes on first, they have everyone amp'd up more with their "rockier" set and then J was falling flat w/their ballad heavy set, so they needed to add a little more "umpf". Will be interested to see if it continues, but nice to see a couple different tracks.

I always wished I could have heard the Augeri demo of WDILYL, as I believe that song's life started during his tenure.

Same here. Does it exist online? Sad they rerecorded two Augeri songs for Revelation, and Schon saying he wanted to rerecord Arrival with Arnel. I really liked Augeri and saw him 5 or so times with Journey. Once in front row. Such a class act.

Glad for Arnel for what he brought to the band, but throw us an Augeri song too.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Gideon » Wed May 30, 2018 12:34 pm

Neal’s bitching on FB about a “pre conceived and manipulated review” from a Cleveland paper because it didn’t mention his rendition of “Amazing Grace” in the midst of all the other effuse praise...

Jesus
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby marco17 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:52 pm

scarab wrote:
marco17 wrote:
kinda that feel

Same here. Does it exist online? Sad they rerecorded two Augeri songs for Revelation, and Schon saying he wanted to rerecord Arrival with Arnel. I really liked Augeri and saw him 5 or so times with Journey. Once in front row. Such a class act.

Glad for Arnel for what he brought to the band, but throw us an Augeri song too.

My guess is it only does in their vault, and no idea how far along the demo was. I always thought listening to that track that it would have fit Augeri well, and sounded like Augeri-era Journey. Then wasn't surprised when I read it was demo'd while he was in the band. I hate they redid the Augeri songs, and glad they didn't redo Arrival. I understand in today's climate and for ownership rights or redoing things with a new singer is the in thing, but FITH and APIYH weren't hits so why redo them? I thought Augeri's versions were better anyway, and I say that appreciating what Arnel brings to the table, but still like them better.
marco17
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu May 31, 2018 12:51 am

Gideon wrote:Neal’s bitching on FB about a “pre conceived and manipulated review” from a Cleveland paper because it didn’t mention his rendition of “Amazing Grace” in the midst of all the other effuse praise...

Jesus

Such a petulant baby. Would love to see him have to work a real job for one day in his life.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby yogi » Thu May 31, 2018 3:28 am

Would love to hear Faith in the Heartland, Message of Love, World Gone Wild, Feeling That Way& Anytime

GREAT way to mix up a semi stale set
yogi
Stereo LP

Location: Carthage, Texas (FREE health care, housing, autos, gas, food, entertainment, FOR ALL!!)

Postby tater1977 » Thu May 31, 2018 7:04 pm

May 30 2018
Journey Setlist
at U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati, OH, USA

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/journey/ ... d06b6.html
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby steveo777 » Thu May 31, 2018 7:53 pm

tater1977 wrote:May 30 2018
Journey Setlist

So they relapsed. lol
steveo777
MP3

Postby marco17 » Thu May 31, 2018 10:53 pm

steveo777 wrote:
tater1977 wrote:May 30 2018
Journey Setlist

So they relapsed. lol

So my guess is that DL closed the show and didn't need the pumped up set or everyone hit the beer and bathroom lines during WD and WDILYL. :twisted:
marco17
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:55 am

I think they should do an Arrival medley.
Everyone (AP, Cain, Neal) is on record saying they love that album. Would keep the die-hards satisfied too.

And then play State of Grace too. Just to fuck with people.

This band needs to takes some risks.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

PreviousNext

Return to Journey