Foreigner Orchestral Album

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Foreigner Orchestral Album

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:56 pm

Picked this up at Wally World the other day. Nice packaging and some interesting arrangements on the old tunes. I mean, let's face it, nobody is clamoring for another Greatest Hits package. However, Mick Jones, has continued to find a way to get Foreigner product in stores. Where is Journey's orchestral album?

"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Re: Foreigner Orchestral Album

Postby JourneyHard » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:02 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Picked this up at Wally World the other day. Nice packaging and some interesting arrangements on the old tunes. I mean, let's face it, nobody is clamoring for another Greatest Hits package. However, Mick Jones, has continued to find a way to get Foreigner product in stores. Where is Journey's orchestral album?

If Journey does an orchestral album, they must include WInds of March. That song is begging to have a full orchestra playing behind it. Also, Still They Ride was performed at Detroit Orchestra Journey Show a couple years back that wasn't the band Journey. Still They Ride sounded good. Journey would have to include a few songs outside the Dirty Dozen that fit well with orchestra. I am sure there are others.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:50 am

Was Journey at the hollywood bowl ever released?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXepey5X3a0
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby lparn » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:23 pm

I was really glad to see they included when it comes to love and that was yestarday
Can't slow down was an awesome cd
They have been touring with an orchestra on some dates
They still do an incredible show
lparn
45 RPM

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:15 pm

scarab wrote:Was Journey at the hollywood bowl ever released?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXepey5X3a0

If Journey already released an orchestral album, why would I point to a new Foreigner orchestral album as an example of something the band could do? The Hollywood Bowl Journey show was for charity. Was it even recorded?
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:09 pm

lparn wrote:I was really glad to see they included when it comes to love and that was yestarday

Agreed. Would have been cool if they included one more track from Can't Slow Down.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby lparn » Wed May 02, 2018 11:01 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
lparn wrote:I was really glad to see they included when it comes to love and that was yestarday

Agreed. Would have been cool if they included one more track from Can't Slow Down.

I would have loved Too Late or In Pieces
lparn
45 RPM

Postby lparn » Thu May 03, 2018 8:00 am

If journey ever did an orchestral cd they need to use
A similar set list to live in manila
Go deeper than gh
lparn
45 RPM

Postby lparn » Tue May 15, 2018 9:32 am

lparn
45 RPM

Postby Abitaman » Fri May 18, 2018 6:34 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Picked this up at Wally World the other day. Nice packaging and some interesting arrangements on the old tunes. I mean, let's face it, nobody is clamoring for another Greatest Hits package. However, Mick Jones, has continued to find a way to get Foreigner product in stores. Where is Journey's orchestral album?

Have to agree, Mick keeps them out in front of the public. They were doing the Styx thing for a while. Hit after hit, but at least they did it with more class. Hit remastered, with new stuff. Hits unplugged. Hits with new line up and new material. Hits with both singers, a bunch of live stuff, some good, some ok. Now this, I will be buying here soon.
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat May 19, 2018 12:30 am

Abitaman wrote:

Have to agree, Mick keeps them out in front of the public. They were doing the Styx thing for a while. Hit after hit, but at least they did it with more class. Hit remastered, with new stuff. Hits unplugged. Hits with new line up and new material. Hits with both singers, a bunch of live stuff, some good, some ok. Now this, I will be buying here soon.

It's well done. Glad I bought it. Kelly still brings it!
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby lparn » Sat May 19, 2018 4:47 pm

lparn wrote:https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8455704/foreigner-tops-classical-albums-chart

I see it's debuted at #1 on 2 charts
Just saw them in march
Incredible show
lparn
45 RPM

Return to Journey