Journey Show in Atlanta Suntrust Park

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Journey Show in Atlanta Suntrust Park

Postby JourneyLFN » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:56 am

I went to the Journey/Def Leppard show last night at Suntrust park in Atlanta. It was a beautiful evening and a great crowd. I'm not much for stadium concerts because it can be hard to see the bands no matter where you sit. It was pretty much like that last night, and I thought we had good seats. BUT - the energy was terrific! Arnel nailed every song. He sounded incredible and moved around like a teenager. Steve Smith's solo was amazing. He did tricks with his drums that I've never seen before and the crowd went wild. Neil and Jonathan smiled through out most of the set. Ross was his typical goofy self. Travis was pretty much hidden in the shadows. Seemed to me like they were having a good time. It was loud, but the sound was pretty good. The entire stadium sang and danced during every song. It was alot of fun, and great to see them all again.
JourneyLFN
Ol' 78

Re: Journey Show in Atlanta Suntrust Park

Postby JourneyLFN » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:07 am

JourneyLFN
Ol' 78

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:22 pm

Thanks for the review.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby perryfan61 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:23 pm

Glad to hear it was an awesome show.
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby Gideon » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:24 pm

Lepp closed the show on this one and MSG.
I know they’re supposed to be sharing closing privileges, but it seems like the biggest arenas are being closed by Lepp. Can anyone confirm?
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby ScarabGator » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:10 am

I was there and the energy that DL brings I dont think Journey would or should ever follow them...lots of Journey shirts in the crowd (38000 people-close to sell out) but they were outnumbered 4 to 1 minimum by the DL shirts. When I checked in with my friends at the hotel by the stadium I was only one in the crowded lobby wearing Journey...The DL fans kept staring like I was out of the place or the visiting team in their home stadium.,.
(EDITED: UNLESS PERRY WAS BACK...)
ScarabGator
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:20 pm

In MPLS at Target Field, which holds 42000+ for concerts, Journey is the closer.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey