Journey Through Time Should Hire Kevin

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Journey Through Time Should Hire Kevin

Postby Gideon » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:58 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Gideon wrote:Listened to a recent interview with Chalfant, who said he’s about 7-8 years Rolie’s jr. Confirmation Kevin’s well into his 60s. There’s no way he could take this catalog.

Kevin is already doing this catalog with his own Journey cover band. Also, Journey Through Time would not tour as relentlessly as the Arnel-lineup does.

Yeah, apologies. For some reason I was referring to Journey and not JTT.
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby Aaron » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:39 pm

Thanks for some real feedback and welcome back sir.

Jeremey wrote:
perryfan61 wrote:"had more to do with his physical appearance"......

Because he looked too much like SP?

No. Because he was old and out of shape, according to Neal Schon. And because Jon Cain was bewildered and unimpressed by Fly 2 Freedom. This was just what was told to me... I am only mentioning it lest the idea perpetuates that Cain & Schon were intimidated by Chalfant's strong songwriting and singing chops, which by all counts would be assets and not liabilities to any band.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Gideon » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:17 am

Speaking of Chalfant, damn. Listen to how good he sounds live, presumably in or around his 40s, and even on an early 90s recorder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO-8Z0AOhs0
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby JourneyHard » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:18 pm

Gideon wrote:Speaking of Chalfant, damn. Listen to how good he sounds live, presumably in or around his 40s, and even on an early 90s recorder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO-8Z0AOhs0

The Storm were smart. They had two lead singers. Nobody blows out their voice. Everybody is happy.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby Aaron » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:40 am

Chalfant was spot on at that time and should have gotten the Journey gig after Perry bowed out. The Storm cds are bad arse. I saw The Storm open for Bryan Adams (yawn) in the early 90's and Chalfant was on point. I saw him again in the late 90's at the Illinois State Fair and he was playing in another area before Journey played. The dude was KILLER, he sounded better than Journey that night.
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:11 am

Aaron wrote:Chalfant was spot on at that time and should have gotten the Journey gig after Perry bowed out. The Storm cds are bad arse. I saw The Storm open for Bryan Adams (yawn) in the early 90's and Chalfant was on point. I saw him again in the late 90's at the Illinois State Fair and he was playing in another area before Journey played. The dude was KILLER, he sounded better than Journey that night.

The dude has a gift. Band should have listened to Herbie.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Aaron » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Exactly!

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Aaron wrote:Chalfant was spot on at that time and should have gotten the Journey gig after Perry bowed out. The Storm cds are bad arse. I saw The Storm open for Bryan Adams (yawn) in the early 90's and Chalfant was on point. I saw him again in the late 90's at the Illinois State Fair and he was playing in another area before Journey played. The dude was KILLER, he sounded better than Journey that night.

The dude has a gift. Band should have listened to Herbie.
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:57 pm

Did Kevin ever get a paycheck from Journey as an employee ?
Was it ever announced by management that he was their new replacement singer ?
Is he actually credited on any Journey tunes in their catalog ?
Besides Herbie's bday party /charity show did Kevin ever perform live with Journey ?
When they tried to reform in the early 90's before SP rejoined,
did he cowrite any of those session songs or were there any written ?
I guess same could be said for Michael Bolton ?
I've looked, but I'm not finding any official info.

I see adv like this and wonder -

On Saturday, Jane Plank will perform from noon to 4pm on the patio and Kevin Chalfant's Journey Experience will perform from 6-8pm in the Marquette Pavillion. Chalfant was the first lead singer to stand in for Steve Perry and perform with Journey live.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/3909325#ixzz5P5m16CHb
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby Aaron » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:42 am

Does anyone have that show where Kevin sang in Journey? I'd love to hear it.
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:45 am

tater1977 wrote:Did Kevin ever get a paycheck from Journey as an employee ?
Besides Herbie's bday party /charity show did Kevin ever perform live with Journey ?

On Saturday, Jane Plank will perform from noon to 4pm on the patio and Kevin Chalfant's Journey Experience will perform from 6-8pm in the Marquette Pavillion. Chalfant was the first lead singer to stand in for Steve Perry and perform with Journey live.

I mean technically, the promotional copy is correct. He was the first singer to stand in for Perry albeit just a one-off thing.

As for songs from his time with Journey - I believe one was on Kevin's last Two Fires cd.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby tater1977 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:43 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
tater1977 wrote:Did Kevin ever get a paycheck from Journey as an employee ?

I mean technically, the promotional copy is correct. He was the first singer to stand in for Perry albeit just a one-off thing.

As for songs from his time with Journey - I believe one was on Kevin's last Two Fires cd.

I like the Two Fires cd. I missed the KC era I guess. Around 90-93 got stuck listening
to country music riding around in the car for 8 hour shifts. Thanks.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:47 am

Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby Aaron » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:20 pm

If this really goes down it's gonna suck because I'll have to spend the money to be front row center. Can't wait.

Maybe Perry will pop in and sing with Deen covering the high stuff? Could be a match made in heaven?
Memorex wrote:http://ultimateclassicrock.com/neal-schon-journey-through-time-tour-plan/
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Previous

Return to Journey