Serious discussion... has Neal Schon relapsed?

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: Serious discussion... has Neal Schon relapsed?

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:24 am

Gideon wrote:God. Damn.
What a fucking douchecanoe.

Can’t wait for TNC to see this :lol:

I was actually just about to post this. He's out of control. Gotta love that he's employed some flunky to act as a "publicist." A real PR professional would tell him to shut the fuck up and go to rehab.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby efrasjourney » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:05 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

I was actually just about to post this. He's out of control. Gotta love that he's employed some flunky to act as a "publicist." A real PR professional would tell him to shut the fuck up and go to rehab.

Yeah man, this antics will put Journey to the gutter. Crap! This all sound like a blonde B#@ch whispering to his ear :x
efrasjourney
Radio Waves

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:22 pm

efrasjourney wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Yeah man, this antics will put Journey to the gutter. Crap! This all sound like a blonde B#@ch whispering to his ear :x

Good point. He did not start acting this way until her.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Eric » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:22 am

Just playing devils advocate here...

Would it shock anyone if Schon suggested to the band they should do a tribute to Aretha and they were not interested... and then he incorporated it into his solo and then "overreacted" when credit is given to the band? It's just a thought. But their setlist is so stale it sure as shit wouldn't shock me if they refused to go off cruise control. I mean - on here we've always wanted a more diverse setlist, but relatively speaking they did do a pretty good job '98-'12. It's become atrocious the last few years.

They did this AS A BAND when BB King passed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcwGfrW7bp0

Not for nothing... but creating no new music seems to have an affect on their being creative AT ALL.

Anyone else think maybe Schon used to have Arnel and Deen's vote on stuff and that dynamic changed when Deen left?

For me? Journey is more interesting when Schon is in control and hungry to show folks the entirety of Journey. This greatest hits tour with no music is what the critics mistakenly attributed to Journey when they reformed in '98... and it was incorrect THEN.. but is now correct. They were a band that wasn't afraid to make mistakes and were interesting. Now? Blaaaaah.

I also find it really interesting how much Perry loves and respects Schon in all these interviews without mentioning anyone else (other than the shout-outs to Arnel). It's very telling in my opinion.

Do I like the way Schon conducts things on social media? No.
Do I get it? Yes.
Whose version of Journey do I want? Schon's
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby Gideon » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:39 am

I’m with Schon on wanting a more diverse set list and new music. 100%.
Where he loses me totally are his narcissistic, paranoid rants on twitter and in the media and wanting 35 goddamn solos every show. He’s actually convinced himself that he could fill arenas just noodling on a guitar for 2 hours.

He needs to channel all his energies creatively and try to avoid ever talking to another human being ever again.
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:41 am

Eric wrote:Just playing devils advocate here...

Would it shock anyone if Schon suggested to the band they should do a tribute to Aretha and they were not interested... and then he incorporated it into his solo and then "overreacted" when credit is given to the band? It's just a thought.

That's not what Neal said to the interviewer. Did you read it?

And even if you're correct, how does that account for him lashing out at imaginary hackers on a nearly daily basis? And other similar wacko behavior?
He's unhinged. Probably coked out.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Eric » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:41 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Just went back and read it thoroughly. You're right, although I still don't think the current band would deviate at all from their scheduled programming.

The_Noble_Cause wrote: And even if you're correct, how does that account for him lashing out at imaginary hackers on a nearly daily basis? And other similar wacko behavior?

It doesn't. It's bad. I don't like it. And I try to ignore lately. (Although, I've seen him use "hack" to describe a link that isn't working, too.)
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:57 am

With Neal hiring his own photographers / bodyguard for his wife, she not only takes
photos from the side of the stage still, but the bodyguard walks her out in front of the stage
in the 'pit', where we now get to see her getting photographed / videotaped while
she is taking photos / videotaping Neal from the 'pit'. Then she will return to the
side of the stage. :lol:
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby tater1977 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:01 am

Eric wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:

Just went back and read it thoroughly. You're right, although I still don't think the current band would deviate at all from their scheduled programming.

The_Noble_Cause wrote: And even if you're correct, how does that account for him lashing out at imaginary hackers on a nearly daily basis? And other similar wacko behavior?

It doesn't. It's bad. I don't like it. And I try to ignore lately. (Although, I've seen him use "hack" to describe a link that isn't working, too.)

You're right, a lot of those 'hacks' were 404's. Neal just don't understand it or doesn't want to
I guess.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby youkeepmewaiting » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:27 am

Yeah don't get me wrong. When it comes to Journey I am Team Schon. Especially now Cain is married to that charlatan

But something isn't right with him and it's gotten worse in the last two years
youkeepmewaiting
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:29 am

Journey Founder Neal Schon Corrects the Record Once Again

Andy Cush // August 24, 2018

https://www.spin.com/2018/08/journey-ne ... n-tribute/

- read full story

Here’s a funny story about Journey. Excuse me, here’s a funny story about Neal Schon, Journey’s guitarist and sole founding member, despite what you might read in quasi-journalistic publications that disparage him with such demeaning terms as “co-founder.” It is Neal Schon himself, and not any of his Journey bandmates, who is the subject of this blog post, and we would not want to mislead you into thinking otherwise.

Schon, you see, has a hilarious habit of contacting journalists—either through his publicist or directly himself—to inform them that their reporting is incorrect when they don’t adequately center his role in the band...
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:48 am

tater1977 wrote:Journey Founder Neal Schon Corrects the Record Once Again

Andy Cush // August 24, 2018

https://www.spin.com/2018/08/journey-ne ... n-tribute/

- read full story

Here’s a funny story about Journey. Excuse me, here’s a funny story about Neal Schon, Journey’s guitarist and sole founding member, despite what you might read in quasi-journalistic publications that disparage him with such demeaning terms as “co-founder.” It is Neal Schon himself, and not any of his Journey bandmates, who is the subject of this blog post, and we would not want to mislead you into thinking otherwise.

Schon, you see, has a hilarious habit of contacting journalists—either through his publicist or directly himself—to inform them that their reporting is incorrect when they don’t adequately center his role in the band...

With press like this coming out, it sounds like Schon's publicist is doing a heck of a job. :roll:
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Jana » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:43 am

He's definitely back to drinking heavily and/or other things. What a mess.

Is there really a publicist? I wonder. Was Jon's book successful? It sounds like Jon writing the book hit a nerve also with the way Neal is talking now about putting out his own book.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Postby tater1977 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:48 am

Journey Guitarist Demands Sole Credit for Onstage Tribute to Aretha Franklin

Writing in response to a concert review in the Tampa Bay Times, Neal Schon insists the rest of the band had nothing to do with his live salute to the Queen of Soul... or with founding the group, for that matter.

By Chris Willman

https://variety.com/2018/music/news/jou ... 202916164/

I often do something new EVERY NIGHT. Nobody knows really what it will be. It is my solo section (by myself to do as I please) as Steve Smith and Jonathan Cain do every nite. It’s called improv and that’s precisely why it’s different every night.” (As Cridlin pointed out, Schon had Instagrammed himself doing an identical tribute at a previous show.)

The audience loves it every single night,” Schon continued. “It seems that management has more of a problem than anyone as it’s me by myself and tend(s) to get tons of media press that’s not necessarily branded as a Journey brand or song. God forbid lol what’s good for me in the end is good for all.

While he was at it, the guitarist had some other credits he wanted to arbitrate. Schon registered an objection to the reviewer referring to Ross Valory as Journey’s “founding bassist” — a seemingly uncontroversial contention ...
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby Gideon » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:50 am

He posted about this on FB. Jesus... :roll:
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby Pacfanweb » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:37 pm

Gideon wrote:He posted about this on FB. Jesus... :roll:

And Good Grief....who the hell is doing the writing for him? It is her?

Someone needs some serious English lessons. His FB posts are an abomination of spelling and bad grammar.

Also don't understand getting bent out of shape about some writer referring to Ross as a "founding member".

He was the first bass player. What the hell else is he? Maybe he wasn't the one who literally "started the band", but someone always has to be that person...but when you actually, finally HAVE a band, those are your "founding members". Doesn't matter who was the one who put it together. Neal, you're not the founding bassist. Or drummer, or keyboardist or singer.

Why cry about that?

Same with the Aretha tribute. So you did it all on your own, at a JOURNEY show, and some writer called it "Journey's tribute to Aretha". Whoop T f-ing DOO. And THAT is what sets him off?
Pacfanweb
45 RPM

Postby ebake02 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:28 am

I’ve been wondering how much of this substance related and how much of it is because of his wife.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby perryfan61 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:09 am

ebake02 wrote:I’ve been wondering how much of this substance related and how much of it is because of his wife.

I think it's all due to his wife, trying to keep their names out there. Good or bad, it's all publicity as far as she's concerned. Making her husband look like a complete idiot apparently doesn't matter to her at all. :x :roll:
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby ebake02 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:55 am

perryfan61 wrote:
ebake02 wrote:I’ve been wondering how much of this substance related and how much of it is because of his wife.

I think it's all due to his wife, trying to keep their names out there. Good or bad, it's all publicity as far as she's concerned. Making her husband look like a complete idiot apparently doesn't matter to her at all. :x :roll:

Yeah, she’s a bigger fame/attention whore than the Kardashians. It makes me wonder if she’s ghost writing most of Neal’s bat shit crazy social media posts too.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Pacfanweb » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:33 am

ebake02 wrote:
perryfan61 wrote:

Yeah, she’s a bigger fame/attention whore than the Kardashians. It makes me wonder if she’s ghost writing most of Neal’s bat shit crazy social media posts too.

I wonder if he sees these posts, or if she just tells him roughly what she's going to write and then fires away...
Pacfanweb
45 RPM

Postby Arkansas » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:43 am

Gideon wrote:... and wanting 35 goddamn solos every show. ...

Easy fix here. Play 35 songs.

later~
Arkansas
Cassette Tape

Postby youkeepmewaiting » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:38 pm

He was throwing a few subtle digs a couple of days back on his instagram comments complaining that he doesn't have a writing credit on Who's Crying Now because of how famous the guitar solo is.

He might have a point... but the song is over 30 years old. Let it go!
youkeepmewaiting
Cassette Tape

Postby Gideon » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:11 am

youkeepmewaiting wrote:He was throwing a few subtle digs a couple of days back on his instagram comments complaining that he doesn't have a writing credit on Who's Crying Now because of how famous the guitar solo is.

He might have a point... but the song is over 30 years old. Let it go!

This is embarrassing.
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:30 am

so is cain and with his mega church "wife" stealing from the church poor to coat their pockets.
Sad Valory,Smith, and Arnel have to live with this.

Journey, get it together, or give it up.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:05 pm

I told you that woman was trouble when Neal first started dating her. She is just using him and will dump him at some point and move on to her next conquest. It is very sad.

Jon wrote a book. Now, Neal wants to write a book? However, Steve Perry's book will blow both of theirs away. Just sayin'
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby youkeepmewaiting » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:00 am

JourneyHard wrote:I told you that woman was trouble when Neal first started dating her. She is just using him and will dump him at some point and move on to her next conquest. It is very sad.

Jon wrote a book. Now, Neal wants to write a book? However, Steve Perry's book will blow both of theirs away. Just sayin'

To be fair, they've been together 7 years now, which isn't bad going
youkeepmewaiting
Cassette Tape

Postby perryswoman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:32 am

Well personally and I said this last year, he did not start acting like this until the rock n roll hall of fame and seeing Perry. I think he was desperate to have coffee and it never happened and in fact they haven’t spoken according to Neal on his Facebook page. Now Perry’s album is about to drop and he’s losing his mind knowing the attention Perry will get. There is no way in hell Perry will have coffee or meet Neal in any shape or form with him acting like this of ever. I think all that was Perry’s way of letting go of the past acting like he did at god but forgiving is one thing and forgetting is a whole nother. Lol. Perry will not ever record with Neal again. Simple as that
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:22 pm

Neal looked like he could have lapped Mr Perry up like a cat laps up a bowl of cream at the RnrHoF. I don’t think it’s money or competition . I think he genuinely loves Mr Perry. I don’t know either one and this is just my sentiments but I think in order for their lives to move into their next chapter...seriously, they need to unravel this with coffee...conversation...hating/loving...money grubbing...who fired who and who was lying about surgery or losing their marbles...someone needs to blow caution to the wind and sit down like the men they are and talk it out. I was always taught you finish what you start...you lose a game and you shake the hand of you opponent at the end of the game. Goodness gracious. Putting egos aside...putting money aside...putting aside celebrity and wives hanging on when it’s not any of their business or mine or anyone else as well...talk it out until they find what they lost all those years ago. Then you can go about your business; that’s old school.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Pacfanweb » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:30 pm

perryswoman wrote:Well personally and I said this last year, he did not start acting like this until the rock n roll hall of fame and seeing Perry. I think he was desperate to have coffee and it never happened and in fact they haven’t spoken according to Neal on his Facebook page. Now Perry’s album is about to drop and he’s losing his mind knowing the attention Perry will get. There is no way in hell Perry will have coffee or meet Neal in any shape or form with him acting like this of ever. I think all that was Perry’s way of letting go of the past acting like he did at god but forgiving is one thing and forgetting is a whole nother. Lol. Perry will not ever record with Neal again. Simple as that

Oh, how soon we forget.

Just a couple of tours ago Neal was taking shots at Perry on stage after Perry appeared with the Eels. Remember when Perry explained how "Lights" started off originally about L.A. and not San Fran? Then Neal started telling crowds "It's about San Francisco, not L.A!"
Remember:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k3y-FhBc2s

He's been getting more and more erratic for several years now. And he's taken shots at Perry here and there over the years as well.
Pacfanweb
45 RPM

Postby steveo777 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:07 pm

scarab wrote:so is cain and with his mega church "wife" stealing from the church poor to coat their pockets.
Sad Valory,Smith, and Arnel have to live with this.

Journey, get it together, or give it up.

A while back, Cain's daughter posted some very revealing, busty pics, that her Dad was the photographer of. Now that's even creepier to me. :shock:
steveo777
MP3

PreviousNext

Return to Journey