45 RPM

Re: Traces

Postby ScarabGator » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:08 am

wonder if thats real...?
ScarabGator
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:16 am

I think so...there are visuals relating to Steve including his infamous tails. It's also on Amazon. Cool if the real deal. Very TBF-ish.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby ScarabGator » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:32 am

I cant wait to hear the samples when they get on there! I heard one of the tracks will be released on an LA radio station basically at any moment now..
ScarabGator
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:00 am

You can see the Infinity symbol wrapped around a small globe on the art.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby steveo777 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:20 am

I have placed my order on Amazon.
Here is the lookup: https://www.amazon.com/Traces-Steve-Per ... rry+traces
steveo777
MP3

Postby brywool » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:25 am

Killer album cover.
I'm surprised (and delighted) that he's covering Harrison's "I Need You".
I'm SHOCKED that he's not on Columbia. Wow.
NO. He's NOT Steve F'ing Perry. But he's Arnel F'ing Pineda and I'm okay with that.
brywool
Digital Audio Tape

Postby brywool » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:28 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:I think so...there are visuals relating to Steve including his infamous tails. It's also on Amazon. Cool if the real deal. Very TBF-ish.

Interesting. Just looked for it and there's nothing there. I saw yours and Steveos post. I got nothing and off of steveos post a 404. Geez... hope he's not changed his mind!
;)
NO. He's NOT Steve F'ing Perry. But he's Arnel F'ing Pineda and I'm okay with that.
brywool
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Scarab Pilot » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:32 am

Yeah its still in my open orders cart but if you click the link its missing. This one is still up. https://www.qobuz.com/ie-en/album/trace ... bwkn7g1eza
"Well let me tell you what problems Steve Perry has. The only problem Steve Perry has is that he's alive just like you are and he has to wake up in the morning like you do and he has to face the world exactly like you do. " ~ Steve Perry
Scarab Pilot
LP

Postby steveo777 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:02 am

brywool wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:I think so...there are visuals relating to Steve including his infamous tails. It's also on Amazon. Cool if the real deal. Very TBF-ish.

Interesting. Just looked for it and there's nothing there. I saw yours and Steveos post. I got nothing and off of steveos post a 404. Geez... hope he's not changed his mind!
;)

Yep...gone without a trace, pardon the pun. Searching on Amazon now doesn't show the new album. I did get my order in and have a receipt, via email. Maybe they were not ready to handle all the hype, or worse, he changed his mind.
steveo777
MP3

Postby brywool » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:43 am

Because of how this has gone for so many years... It WOULD be just like SP to get cold feet and pull the plug.
Man, hope not.
brywool
Digital Audio Tape

Postby steveo777 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:56 am

I hope this whole thing doesn't turn out to be some elaborate spoof, set up by a 3rd party, not involved with Steve Perry. Strange things can happen in the digital world, if you know what I mean.
steveo777
MP3

Postby Gideon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:25 am

I highly doubt he's pulling the plug. More likely is that Amazon jumped the gun by putting it on the site well ahead of any press coverage of it or it was a convoluted chessmaster move by Perry to stoke the fires of public interest.
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby brywool » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:10 am

Gideon wrote:I highly doubt he's pulling the plug. More likely is that Amazon jumped the gun by putting it on the site well ahead of any press coverage of it or it was a convoluted chessmaster move by Perry to stoke the fires of public interest.

Agreed. I was half joking. He's the king of "new music blue balls" ;)

I'm not sure why it would matter if it's up today or not on Amazon. Pre-orders is pre-orders, after all.
brywool
Digital Audio Tape

Postby ScarabFan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:15 am

I heard the sample of the first song. The Voice is back!
ScarabFan
Ol' 78

Postby jrny84 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:53 am

Really cool album cover and interesting title. Would like to hear the background on it. I've never heard of Concord Records, but like some others have stated, I am really surprised he's not on Columbia.

Definitely looking forward to this release!
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby Lora » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:23 am

jrny84 wrote:Really cool album cover and interesting title. Would like to hear the background on it!

He's going to explain a lot of the imagery in upcoming interviews.
Lora
8 Track

Postby jrny84 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:51 am

Lora wrote:
jrny84 wrote:Really cool album cover and interesting title. Would like to hear the background on it!

Awesome! Thanks for the information, Lora.
jrny84
Cassette Tape

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:22 am

Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:25 am

Lora wrote:

NEAL SCHON MUSIC @NealSchonMusic

Very interesting Deep cover. It says a lot and now I get it completely. Time for coffee
5:09 PM - 14 Aug 2018
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby ebake02 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:27 am

Lora wrote:

Neal has already latched onto the Strat with the white dove.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:16 pm

Video of Steve singing in studio

Steve Perry - No Erasin'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oawl9e-tFVM
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:46 pm

tater1977 wrote:
Lora wrote:

NEAL SCHON MUSIC @NealSchonMusic

Very interesting Deep cover. It says a lot and now I get it completely. Time for coffee
5:09 PM - 14 Aug 2018

Man, what a loser this guy is. If SP wanted to reach you he would.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:47 pm

I get so much joy out of hearing Perry sing again. Truly music from the heart.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby slucero » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:33 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:I get so much joy out of hearing Perry sing again. Truly music from the heart.

yup.. totally agree.

That voice just transports ya....

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

~Albert Einstein
slucero
Compact Disc

Postby Monker » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:16 pm

You have the TBF Earth in there. You have broken keyboards everywhere. There is a snake wrapped around a wine bottle. What looks like a skeleton half buried in the road with a pile of cocaine by it (hard to tell). There is the pin-up girl posing. A microphone. Yeah, there is the white guitar front and center. And, you have Perry in his red tails with his back towards all of it.

So, Neal reads it as Perry turning his back on him and Journey...at least that is what I get out of his comment.

I think it is more Perry turning his back on all of this "bad stuff" and addictions and moving forward in life. I'd like to see what is in the background better. There is one building that has a marquee that I wish I could read. Yeah, there is a lot of explaining to do!

It's an interesting cover - for certain. Makes you miss having the big album covers to look at, instead of a .jpg from an MP3 download, or even the small CD insert. But, whatever.
Monker
MP3

Postby steveo777 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:18 pm

tater1977 wrote:Video of Steve singing in studio

Steve Perry - No Erasin'

I got really excited when I saw this video posted. After playing it few times, I had to be honest with myself. I really don't feel this lives up to what we have come to expect of a Perry written song. I don't see chemistry in it either, just some session musicians doing their jobs. And....I really hope this doesn't end up being considered the best song on the record. I'd love to see him with a band that has chemistry, but he's probably not going to tour behind it anyway, so they're musicians to complete the album. Steve sounds alright, pretty good, but vocals are definitely more aged and not within the range we are used to hearing. I can't really knock it too much, as age is a factor. Anyway, we get to hear from him again and that's a good thing! But any notion that he could ever rejoin Journey, well, it's pretty clear that won't work, at this point.

I expect this album to sell well because of the anticipation and it being his first new album in 24 years. His name will take him far on this one.
steveo777
MP3

Postby Franky » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:26 pm

:shock: Fake news isn't it ?!
Franky
Ol' 78

Postby yulog » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:52 pm

steveo777 wrote:
tater1977 wrote:Video of Steve singing in studio

Steve Perry - No Erasin'

I got really excited when I saw this video posted. After playing it few times, I had to be honest with myself. I really don't feel this lives up to what we have come to expect of a Perry written song. I don't see chemistry in it either, just some session musicians doing their jobs. And....I really hope this doesn't end up being considered the best song on the record. I'd love to see him with a band that has chemistry, but he's probably not going to tour behind it anyway, so they're musicians to complete the album. Steve sounds alright, pretty good, but vocals are definitely more aged and not within the range we are used to hearing. I can't really knock it too much, as age is a factor. Anyway, we get to hear from him again and that's a good thing! But any notion that he could ever rejoin Journey, well, it's pretty clear that won't work, at this point.

I expect this album to sell well because of the anticipation and it being his first new album in 24 years. His name will take him far on this one.

Yeah I kinda felt similar, again hes pushing 70 cant expect him to put out something as if he was 45. He looks good don't know that I would listen to this again who knows maybe its a grower...not feeling that way at the moment
yulog
Stereo LP

Postby Memorex » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:04 pm

I'm liking it quite a bit.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Next

Return to Journey