Journey Solo Albums Ranked Worst to Best

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby tater1977 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:40 am

Nick DeRiso‎August‎ ‎27‎, ‎2018

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/journey-solo-albums/

If we relied only upon studio projects from Steve Perry, our list of Journey Solo Albums Ranked Worst to Best would be short. Likewise with Gregg Rolie, the band's original singer who was the first major figure in Journey to go solo, but he's only issued a few more albums than the famously slow-creating Perry.

Luckily, the other guys have been busy. So much so, in fact, that guitarist Neal Schon and keyboardist Jonathan Cain have occasionally moved well outside the typical Journey fare. The following list of Journey Solo Albums Ranked Worst to Best includes only rock records, however, so that leaves aside more jazz- or new age-inflected items by Cain (1997's Body Language, 2001's Namaste and 2004's Bare Bones), Schon (1995's Beyond the Thunder and 2001's Voice) and drummer Steve Smith, who's focused exclusively on jazz between two well-received tenures in Journey.

We also skipped solo instrumental projects, including 1995's Piano With a View and 1998's For a Lifetime by Cain, and EPs like Rolie's Five Days – as well as Cain's movie soundtrack-related 2002 album Animated Movie Love Songs and 2017's holiday-focused Unsung Noel.

Still, our focus remains on these four central creative figures rather than other contributors like, say, Robert Fleischman and Arnel Pineda.

Key collaborations with Bad English, Hardline, the Storm, HSAS and Abraxas Pool round things out. Keep scrolling to find out how they all stacked up in the list of Journey Solo Albums Ranked Worst to Best.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Re: Journey Solo Albums Ranked Worst to Best

Postby ebake02 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:52 am

Hardline should be ranked a lot higher that what it is.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:30 am

I Agree on the HArdline, but truly sucks that my favorite song from them was only on a foreign release.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs5Tbg4QBUw
The only song that best's this is Missing You from HSAS. Ultimate AOR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-QdcrubBBY
From these two songs only maybe a couple Perry songs can compare, You Better Wait, Anyway and the unreleased Lost Angels.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:14 pm

Here is my Top Twelve (Dirty Dozen if you will)

1. Street Talk
2. World Play
3. Double Eclipse
4. For The Love Of Strange Medicine
5. Here To Stay
6. The Storm
7. Bad English
8. Abraxas Pool
9, Through The Fire
10. Back To The Innocence
11. Vortex
12. Late Nite
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby Gideon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:51 pm

For the first time, I actually listened through the entirety of HSAS’s “Through the Fire” and, I gotta say, I was blown the fuck away.

As far as Neal’s non-Journey projects go, it’s probably my favorite, dethroning Soul SirkUS. Absolutely phenomenal.
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Return to Journey