Old Jeremey Performance

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Old Jeremey Performance

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:45 am

"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Re: Old Jeremey Performance

Postby perryfan61 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:12 am

Awesome !!
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby FamilyMan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:43 am

Incredible indeed.
Will always wonder what might have been...
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape

Postby ScarabGator » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:03 am

Saw Frontiers twice in Atlanta, was very fortunate to meet Jeremey as well. He actually dedicated Open Arms to me and the wife, it was our anniversary that night. God I miss that band!!! Hell even the venue they played in in Atl, Andrews Upstairs is gone now!
ScarabGator
Stereo LP

Postby Ehwmatt » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:01 am

Really, really miss seeing Frontiers. Way better shows than I've seen Journey do in the last 15 years.
Ehwmatt
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:22 pm

Ehwmatt wrote:Really, really miss seeing Frontiers. Way better shows than I've seen Journey do in the last 15 years.

That Real Music Observer tool recently said that the band has no apparent chemistry on stage. He's right. The shows are flat and boring!
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby Greg » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:19 am

I remember discovering Frontiers from a friend of mine up in Roanoke. I think it was around 2002/03. I got my first taste of Frontiers at one of Roanoke's First Fridays events downtown. Man, I was blown away hearing Jeremy. I would go on to see them perform several times throughout the years. I think what I really enjoyed about the band is that they were not trying to play dress up and look like the band. I know Jeremy mentioned that I think he did that in the beginning, but I enjoyed that they were not pretending to be Journey, they were a Journey Tribute Band that made you feel like you were at a real Journey concert. Loved those times!

My wife and I recently went to see Trial By Fire, which is a local Journey Tribute Band down here in Greensboro. We didn't get to stay very long - only got to hear two songs. The funny thing was, I wasn't too impressed at first until I stepped out and got to listen to the vocals just outside of the theater room, and man, I could definitely hear the vocals so much better. The dude really did sound like Steve Perry. I would love to catch them again down the road when we have more time.
Greg
Cassette Tape

Postby Jeremey » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:00 am

Hi everyone,

That is funny to see, thanks for the blast from the past NobleCause... I have been popping in and reading about Perry's solo release every so often so it was weird seeing my name in a topic on the Journey forum again.

Good to see all of you hear and thanks for the kind words. Things are going very well in my world - hard to believe it has been 6 years since Frontiers. It does seem like longer than that, as life has changed quite a bit since then. I can't even remember what it felt like to sing like that video clip, but I am grateful for the opportunity we had to perform that music.

Hope you guys are doing great!
Jeremey
Jeremey
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:12 am

Jeremey wrote:Hi everyone,

That is funny to see, thanks for the blast from the past NobleCause... I have been popping in and reading about Perry's solo release every so often so it was weird seeing my name in a topic on the Journey forum again.

Good to see all of you hear and thanks for the kind words. Things are going very well in my world - hard to believe it has been 6 years since Frontiers. It does seem like longer than that, as life has changed quite a bit since then. I can't even remember what it felt like to sing like that video clip, but I am grateful for the opportunity we had to perform that music.

Jeremey

To die-hard fans like me, you will always be a part of the band's evolving history.
And if Augeri and Perry prove anything, it's that a singer is never fully out of the game.
Hope all is well.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby perryfan61 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:13 am

Jeremey

Glad to hear all is well in your life. The SP solo release has excited a lot of people, it's good to know you are one of us :D :D
The injury that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance. Steve Perry
perryfan61
8 Track

Postby ScarabGator » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:08 am

When you gonna get back out there Jeremey??

Jeremey
ScarabGator
Stereo LP

Postby Aaron » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:53 am

Killer performance!
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby Jeremey » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:10 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
To die-hard fans like me, you will always be a part of the band's evolving history.
And if Augeri and Perry prove anything, it's that a singer is never fully out of the game.
Hope all is well.

Thanks man, it (my association with the band) has become like a weird little thing that happened over a few months over a decade ago, almost like it happened to someone else or another person. It did have lasting repercussions on my life, both positive and negative, but for me it's become just a weird story I have to explain when I meet new people who google my name, LOL.

As a singer, I can confirm I am fully out of the game, :) I spent the better part of the last 6 years rebuilding and moving on, and my life is better in every way... unlike Augeri and Perry, I didn't wear out or get older and out of practice, since the surgery I had after my vocal cord hemorrhage did actually ruin the voice I had. Kind of a Julie Andrews thing... but I am beyond that and enjoying music again as a listener and enjoying life as a dad and business guy!
Jeremey
Stereo LP

Postby Jeremey » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:13 am

perryfan61 wrote:
Glad to hear all is well in your life. The SP solo release has excited a lot of people, it's good to know you are one of us :D :D

Thanks! I have to admit I never thought I'd see the day when Steve Perry released another solo record, but I wasn't that stressed out about it. I just figured he had moved on and would never be interested in stirring up that hornet's nest (the music business) again. I'm looking forward to hearing what he's been working on. It sounds like he is working with some stellar people and I hope at the end of the day it's a positive thing for him and where he's at in his life.
Jeremey
Stereo LP

Postby Jeremey » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:15 am

ScarabGator wrote:When you gonna get back out there Jeremey??

Hey man, good to see you again. I have no desire (or really any ability) to get back out there again. But I do enjoy listening to music these days, though my musical tastes have changed in a big way. I'm excited to hear what Steve Perry has been working on though.
Jeremey
Stereo LP

Postby Jeremey » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:16 am

Aaron wrote:Killer performance!

Thanks Aaron, good to see you.
Jeremey
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:37 am

Jeremey wrote:As a singer, I can confirm I am fully out of the game, :) I spent the better part of the last 6 years rebuilding and moving on, and my life is better in every way... unlike Augeri and Perry, I didn't wear out or get older and out of practice, since the surgery I had after my vocal cord hemorrhage did actually ruin the voice I had. Kind of a Julie Andrews thing... but I am beyond that and enjoying music again as a listener and enjoying life as a dad and business guy!

I remember the fog machine accident, but was not aware the surgery made it worse. Sorry to hear that. Those fuckers. Singing is hard. Did you have issues covering the Tom Petty stuff? It sounded good.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby AR » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:06 am

Last time I saw Jeremey perform was in Baltimore and he was doing a Tom Petty tribute. Really good. I have seen my old friend is going a bit grey these days. So am I for that matter. :)
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby Jeremey » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:11 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
I remember the fog machine accident, but was not aware the surgery made it worse. Sorry to hear that. Those fuckers. Singing is hard. Did you have issues covering the Tom Petty stuff? It sounded good.

Well it was really just a combination of bad luck. I had the first surgery in December of 2011. As fate would have it, I also started a new blood pressure medicine at the same time. One of the unintended side-effects of that particular BP med was that it produced a bad tickle and cough in the back of my throat. So as I was supposed to spend 6 weeks being totally quiet, I was coughing and clearing my throat the entire time. I thought I had a sinus infection or something and only later discovered it was a prescription side effect.

So that totally tore everything up. My voice sounded like that stupid YouTube cat that says "No, no, no, no, no."

Went in for a second surgery at the end of January 2012, and that's when the doctor showed me the throat-cam of my surgery and the sulcus that had been formed on my vocal cord.

This is basically exactly what happened to Julie Andrews, although I don't blame my doc from Duke who was very very talented (he was Tom Keifer's surgeon from Vanderbilt U). The scar tissue (sulcus) hardened my vocal cord so it became like a couple of sticks instead of like a couple of feathers that float together and allowed all that finesse and range I had before this.

The advantage I have above 90% of the rest of the population is I still have a lifetime of voice training in my muscle memory. The disadvantage is that I have no way to put it to use. So I can still sing, in that limited octave and range. It worked well for Tom Petty because Tom had more of an angry growl on a lot of his work, and when he got up high, he had a reedy strain that I could replicate well with my new vocal cords. I can still sing a lot of lower octave stuff, but nothing that requires any finesse or control.
Last edited by Jeremey on Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremey
Stereo LP

Postby Jeremey » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:12 am

AR wrote:Last time I saw Jeremey perform was in Baltimore and he was doing a Tom Petty tribute. Really good. I have seen my old friend is going a bit grey these days. So am I for that matter. :)

Hey buddy, long time no see! Yes, I am the Silver Fox these days :)
Jeremey
Stereo LP

Postby steveo777 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:20 pm

Jeremey, I still listen to your CD. I like it very much!
steveo777
MP3

Postby Aaron » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:05 am

It's great to hear from you Jeremey. I'm sorry to hear about the chord problem. The last time I saw you was in Bloomington, IN at the Bluebird. It was a great show.

Jeremey wrote:
Aaron wrote:Killer performance!

Thanks Aaron, good to see you.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey