We're Still Here

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

We're Still Here

Postby JourneyHard » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:50 am

Steve Perry released another single from his new album, "We're Still Here." I knew he would release something today because it is two weeks until the full album is released, but I was hoping for "Sun Shines Gray." But "We're Still Here" has some cool guitar. People would probably call it a ballad, but I don't think it is a ballad. It is not a real rocker either, but it isn't a ballad. It is somewhere in the middle.
JourneyHard
8 Track
 
Posts: 786
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: We're Still Here

Postby annie89509 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:12 am

The first 2 songs needed repeated listens for it to grow on me. This one, We’re Still Here, is an immediate favorite. Anyone who doesn’t think this is a very good (dare I say great) song listens to junk music, or fake Perry fan.

Don’t watch the videos. Just listen with your ears. It’s Steve Perry at his finest.
User avatar
annie89509
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2824
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:55 am
Location: the big 5-8

Re: We're Still Here

Postby verslibre » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:19 am

annie89509 wrote:Anyone who doesn’t think this is a very good (dare I say great) song listens to junk music


Take it easy, lol. It IS better than the other two songs. But it's the most Journey-esque, too. The verses are better than the chorus.
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
User avatar
verslibre
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6090
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:55 pm

Re: We're Still Here

Postby Onestepper » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:27 am

Besides his vocals being his normal amazing, I like how this song doesn't follow the same format that so many others have. Can't wait for the full release.
Onestepper
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1008
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:48 am

Re: We're Still Here

Postby annie89509 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:33 pm

verslibre wrote:
annie89509 wrote:Anyone who doesn’t think this is a very good (dare I say great) song listens to junk music


Take it easy, lol. It IS better than the other two songs. But it's the most Journey-esque, too. The verses are better than the chorus.

lol ... I was directing my annoyance at the poster that said this song sounded like a "filler" -- in the other thread.
Majority of fans are positive ... but you get occasional posters that make outlandish comments. I realize everyone's tastes are different, but don't come here as a Perry/Journey fan and make troll-like statements. Okay, you don't like it ... but explain why?
User avatar
annie89509
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2824
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:55 am
Location: the big 5-8

Re: We're Still Here

Postby Gideon » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:39 pm

annie89509 wrote:
verslibre wrote:
annie89509 wrote:Anyone who doesn’t think this is a very good (dare I say great) song listens to junk music


Take it easy, lol. It IS better than the other two songs. But it's the most Journey-esque, too. The verses are better than the chorus.

lol ... I was directing my annoyance at the poster that said this song sounded like a "filler" -- in the other thread.
Majority of fans are positive ... but you get occasional posters that make outlandish comments. I realize everyone's tastes are different, but don't come here as a Perry/Journey fan and make troll-like statements. Okay, you don't like it ... but explain why?


It’s OK to not like a Perry song or album and say so. Just like it’s OK to not like a Journey song or album and say so. SP isn’t a sacred cow above criticism lmao.
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
User avatar
Gideon
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4384
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:12 am
Location: Kentucky.

Re: We're Still Here

Postby perryswoman » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:24 am

This song is absolutely awesome! Listened all day in my SUV with an awesome sub and stereo. It is also very Journey. I can not get enough of it.
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:25 am
Location: sc

Re: We're Still Here

Postby Ehwmatt » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:48 am

It's a snoozefest. Sorry. No Erasin' is the only one I like so far.
User avatar
Ehwmatt
MP3
 
Posts: 10876
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:15 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: We're Still Here

Postby steveo777 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:00 am

Ehwmatt wrote:It's a snoozefest. Sorry. No Erasin' is the only one I like so far.


Get your fuckin' ears cleaned. j/k :wink:

That's why they call it musical taste. Everyone's is different. Personally, I like it better than the other two that have been released.
User avatar
steveo777
MP3
 
Posts: 11306
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: Citrus Heights, Ca

Re: We're Still Here

Postby Shadowsong » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:04 am

I really like this one but its the only one I've listened to in its entirety...at least a few times may I add... :P
~Shadow~

Image

There is a seed within called hope
Waiting for the chance to grow
There's forever flowing from your soul
Waiting for the spirit to be flown
User avatar
Shadowsong
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2315
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:42 am
Location: ~Looking through the Eyes of Forever~

Re: We're Still Here

Postby scarab » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:15 am

Of the 3 releases with videos (and yeah listen to it w/o watching the vids) it is the best, an instant fav,
A song that I didnt think I would get into I did quickly, You belong to me.

3 of the 4 "bonus songs" (I wouldnt call Blue Jays Fly a song.) are great as well with Angel Eyes may be my favorite on the whole 15

They're a couple songs that are great, but hard to listen sometimes. We Fly and In the Rain.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: We're Still Here

Postby jrny84 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:01 am

scarab wrote:Of the 3 releases with videos (and yeah listen to it w/o watching the vids) it is the best, an instant fav,
A song that I didnt think I would get into I did quickly, You belong to me.

3 of the 4 "bonus songs" (I wouldnt call Blue Jays Fly a song.) are great as well with Angel Eyes may be my favorite on the whole 15

They're a couple songs that are great, but hard to listen sometimes. We Fly and In the Rain.


I agree. "We're Still Here" is a great song. I instantly liked it the first time I heard it. Probably, my favorite on the whole album. Other stand outs for me include: "Most of All", "Sun Shines Gray", "Easy to Love", and "We Fly". We Fly is perhaps the most emotional song, almost a heavenly feel to it.

Angel Eyes is an interesting one. To me it almost sounds like it could be a Motown Christmas song, especially with the bell sounds.
User avatar
jrny84
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1060
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:43 am
Location: Michigan/Florida

Re: We're Still Here

Postby StoneCold » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:01 pm

WSH is the most "Journey'ish" song on the album.

The guitar solo 2:42 - 3:03 sounds as if Schon dropped by and played those licks. I'm sure that wasn't coincidental.
User avatar
StoneCold
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 6310
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:32 pm


Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests