Which album would you rather see in 2019?

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Which Album Would You Rather See in 2019?

Journey
14%
Journey Through Time
19%
(More Rocking) Steve Perry
48%
Steve Perry/Neal Schon Blues
19%

Total votes : 21

Which album would you rather see in 2019?

Postby ScarabFan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:53 am

Most of them are pretty unlikely except for JTT, but if you had your way, which would you rather see released in 2019?
ScarabFan
Ol' 78

Re: Which album would you rather see in 2019?

Postby Sighlence » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:10 am

Well, i would most want Journey with Perry but that's not one of the options. Sooooo i'll have to decide between the last two.
Sighlence
Ol' 78

Postby Gideon » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:35 am

Gotta go with Journey.

I'm genuinely exuberant that SP has come out of hiding and that so many patient fans have been overjoyed with his effort and his success. But Traces was just a decent effort for me. It proved SP still has some formidable chops and sensibilities at his age, but it's also proof that even his valiant effort is nowhere near what he accomplished with Schon and Cain.

On the other hand, ECL1P53 was a genuinely fantastic album in my opinion. The vocals were strong, the music was epic, and the writing ambitious. Was it perfect? Not at all. It was missing the aforementioned SP sensibility and mastery which would have otherwise brought it to Trial By Fire levels.

I think an effort by Schon & Cain, with Pineda, Smitty, and Valory > an SP solo effort.
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:15 pm

If it would be an album that continued progressing like Eclipse then it's a no brainer - a new Journey album.

It's terrific to hear Perry's voice again and there are a few keepers on Traces, however, its not in the same league as a Journey album.

Considering the lack of jam and creativity in Journey right now, though, I'd have to go with JTT. Rolie/Deen-O trading off on duets would be sweet.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby Arkansas » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:09 am

Piranha Blues II with various singers (maybe Perry).

later~
Arkansas
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:12 am

Since its pretty obvious Perry will never work with Schon again, seems like he did a complete 180 since the R&R HOF.
I wonder if the whole Schon vs Cain thing (more like their wives) made him close that door.
He was always like probably not but never say never.

Its funny cause you can hear that "lights" riff all over Traces, I wonder If Perry came up with that?

I would love to see a JTT album. Castranova / Rolie trade offs would be awesome.

Yeah, Eclipse 2 aint happening if Cain is still in the band.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:49 am

They could make a Journey album with Steve Perry, and Steve Perry wouldn't have to deal with any of them. He would just put his spin on these songs.

JOURNEY ECLIPSE: NEW MOON RISING
1. City of Hope
2. Edge of the Moment
3. Chain of Love
4. Tantra
5. Resonate
6. She's a Mystery
7. Human Feel
8. Ritual
9. To Whom It My Concern
10. Lifetime of Dreams
11. Change For the Better
12. The Place In Your Heart (Everybody else sang this song for Journey. Perry might as well sing it, too!)
JourneyHard
8 Track

Return to Journey