Higher Place

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Higher Place

Postby JourneyHard » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:48 pm

When I asked Alexa, "Play Journey," Alexa played Higher Place. I found this very interesting. Of all the possible songs, this one played. It reminded me how good it sounded.

Do they just pick a song at random or is this song the default Journey selection?
JourneyHard
8 Track

Re: Higher Place

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:09 pm

Great song! Def. in my top ten. Arrival remains so special to many fans.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby scarab » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:34 am

Higher Place was great and even better live when the synths were brought back in.
I cant remember who it was but someone (In a Cain interview) I guess Shirley cut them out of the original release.
Maybe to make the song grittier?
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby youkeepmewaiting » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:10 am

To me Arrival was the last real Journey album. Which means it was the last one that didn't sound like they were TRYING to be Journey. Though there's been some great tracks since
youkeepmewaiting
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:22 am

Wasn't it Kalodner who made the band seek outside writing help? They should swallow their pride and collaborate with Jack Blades again. Hopefully Marti Frederickson (Aersomith etc) can write some new classics with Schon for JTT.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Jana » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:52 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Wasn't it Kalodner who made the band seek outside writing help? They should swallow their pride and collaborate with Jack Blades again. Hopefully Marti Frederickson (Aersomith etc) can write some new classics with Schon for JTT.

Agreed about collaboration. And I'm really hopeful about some great new melodic songs from JTT with this lineup.
Jana
Digital Audio Tape

Return to Journey