Journey Through Time - Walks Like a Lady

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Journey Through Time - Walks Like a Lady

Postby Memorex » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:56 pm

User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3371
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Journey Through Time - Walks Like a Lady

Postby Memorex » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:03 am

Feelin That Way / Anytime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-cKTCIZpqI

Sorry if these have been posted. I don't read the threads much anymore.
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3371
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Journey Through Time - Walks Like a Lady

Postby Memorex » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:04 am

User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3371
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Journey Through Time - Walks Like a Lady

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:17 pm

I hate to be negative, but I have concerns that Deen's voice will hold up.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14539
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Journey Through Time - Walks Like a Lady

Postby Aaron » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:03 pm

Sounded killer to me!
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
User avatar
Aaron
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 2091
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:55 pm
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Journey Through Time - Walks Like a Lady

Postby FamilyMan » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:53 am

I think Deen sounds great too. What's causing concern for you , TNC?
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:11 am

Re: Journey Through Time - Walks Like a Lady

Postby wednesday's child » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:39 am

FamilyMan wrote:I think Deen sounds great too. What's causing concern for you , TNC?


Don't know if TNC's thinking the same, but Deen now sounds like he's pinching and pushing it out.
That's sometimes both a sign of diminishing range and (unfortunately) one way to accelerate the deterioration,
or maybe it's just extra mustard to hew closer to Perry's vokes.
Definitely off it now...
User avatar
wednesday's child
8 Track
 
Posts: 853
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:44 am
Location: Quezon City

Re: Journey Through Time - Walks Like a Lady

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:26 am

wednesday's child wrote:Don't know if TNC's thinking the same, but Deen now sounds like he's pinching and pushing it out.
That's sometimes both a sign of diminishing range and (unfortunately) one way to accelerate the deterioration,
or maybe it's just extra mustard to hew closer to Perry's vokes.


Yes. In some YT clips, he sounds like he's hocking a loogie before he sings. I have noticed a deterioration from 2004 (when he first started doing lead in the band) until now. Still sounds good, but I have concerns.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14539
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Journey Through Time - Walks Like a Lady

Postby scarab » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:09 am

Sadly for us I hope they dont do another 4 hour concert.
And focus 50% of more on the Pre Perry Post Perry stuff.
And bring in Augeri to sing a few of those post PErry songs.

And sadly again for us, do only 1-2 gigs a week.


And yeah, play the twin cities. :lol: We have a dozen or more 2K-3K capacity theaters.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1893
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: Journey Through Time - Walks Like a Lady

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:37 pm

scarab wrote:Sadly for us I hope they dont do another 4 hour concert.
And focus 50% of more on the Pre Perry Post Perry stuff.
And bring in Augeri to sing a few of those post PErry songs.

And sadly again for us, do only 1-2 gigs a week.


And yeah, play the twin cities. :lol: We have a dozen or more 2K-3K capacity theaters.


They should bring in Kevin C.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14539
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Journey Through Time - Walks Like a Lady

Postby Abitaman » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:54 am

Yes bring in Kevin C !!!!
Eric, the Abitaman
Abitaman
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 4681
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:06 pm
Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Re: Journey Through Time - Walks Like a Lady

Postby FamilyMan » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:25 am

Not hearing what you guys are. I think he sounds good - but for the fact that sitting behind a kit and keeping time while pushing out that high register is already a feat in and of itself.
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:11 am

Re: Journey Through Time - Walks Like a Lady

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:48 am

FamilyMan wrote:Not hearing what you guys are. I think he sounds good - but for the fact that sitting behind a kit and keeping time while pushing out that high register is already a feat in and of itself.


I said he sounds good. But he doesn't sound trained and if you compare him to 2004, when he was belting out Suzanne and Happy to Give, there is an obvious deterioration.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14539
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: Journey Through Time - Walks Like a Lady

Postby Memorex » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:01 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
FamilyMan wrote:Not hearing what you guys are. I think he sounds good - but for the fact that sitting behind a kit and keeping time while pushing out that high register is already a feat in and of itself.


I said he sounds good. But he doesn't sound trained and if you compare him to 2004, when he was belting out Suzanne and Happy to Give, there is an obvious deterioration.


I hear what you are saying as well. But I think some of that is just his sound. He's always seemed like that to me but seems to have maintained. But yea, I think a tour like Journey used to do with him doing all the songs, he'd be done in a month. I could be wrong because you know, I'm no expert. I program for a living, not sing (fortunately for those around me).
User avatar
Memorex
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3371
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:30 pm

Re: Journey Through Time - Walks Like a Lady

Postby Loneman1 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:06 am

wednesday's child wrote:
FamilyMan wrote:I think Deen sounds great too. What's causing concern for you , TNC?


Don't know if TNC's thinking the same, but Deen now sounds like he's pinching and pushing it out.
That's sometimes both a sign of diminishing range and (unfortunately) one way to accelerate the deterioration,
or maybe it's just extra mustard to hew closer to Perry's vokes.


Yeah when I heard the Journey Through Time stuff, I did notice he was actively trying to capture more of Perry's little vocal note inflections a bit more than I had heard him do before. I think the change is on purpose and not vocal deterioration......I hope.
Rock on,
Eric
User avatar
Loneman1
LP
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:52 am
Location: Utah, formerly from the Bay Area, CA

Re: Journey Through Time - Walks Like a Lady

Postby 92Pony » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:08 am

Deen's voice makes me absolutely MELT! (And I'm 100% hetero male) Dude's voice is un-friggin-real, and for me, second only to SFMP!

Now, as much as I like him, GR's voice in these videos is a wee tad rough.
92Pony
Fresh Air
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:02 am


Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 2 guests