JTT Shows 2019

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: JTT Shows 2019

Postby JourneyHard » Fri May 17, 2019 3:21 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
PianoMan1986 wrote:So we're almost at the middle of May, videos have been posted online, a label/site/augmented reality launched...yet no further discussion or mention of a JTT tour. Do we just need to wait longer, or have to accept the DVD once it's (supposedly) released (soon)?

Right now it's looking like another Schon pipe dream.

Awwwww. This is Jeff Scott Soto all over again. Wish Journey did at least one album with him. Perhaps it would have been like Eclipse, but with Jeff on lead vocals it would have rocked even more.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri May 17, 2019 11:21 pm

JourneyHard wrote:Awwwww. This is Jeff Scott Soto all over again. Wish Journey did at least one album with him. Perhaps it would have been like Eclipse, but with Jeff on lead vocals it would have rocked even more.

Neal's pitched alot of ideas over the years that went nowhere. At least JTT actually got past the development stage.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Art Vandelay » Sat May 18, 2019 12:26 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:Awwwww. This is Jeff Scott Soto all over again. Wish Journey did at least one album with him. Perhaps it would have been like Eclipse, but with Jeff on lead vocals it would have rocked even more.

Neal's pitched alot of ideas over the years that went nowhere. At least JTT actually got past the development stage.

Neal's intense. As a bandmate, he must be very difficult to keep up with. Smitty was the only one who I think could go toe to toe with him as far as being all in and dedicated...but even he is now tweeting how much he loves being back with Vital Information and how that gig is his true passion.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby Arkansas » Sat May 18, 2019 2:38 am

Art Vandelay wrote:Smitty was the only one who I think could go toe to toe with him as far as being all in and dedicated...but even he is now tweeting how much he loves being back with Vital Information and how that gig is his true passion.

Journey is just a pay check that he spends on Vital Information.
(Not that there's anything wrong with that.) :lol:

later~
Arkansas
Cassette Tape

Postby JourneyHard » Tue May 21, 2019 2:44 pm

Perhaps Soul Sirkus is the Journey album with Jeff Scott Soto. There is even a ballad on there that sounds like Jeff auditioning for Journey!
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby scarab » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:06 am

Looks like this fell apart, with two months until Rolie is back with Ringo.
Bummer would have loved to see them, cause I sure aint flying to Vegas to hear the dirty dozen.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:56 am

scarab wrote:Looks like this fell apart, with two months until Rolie is back with Ringo.
Bummer would have loved to see them, cause I sure aint flying to Vegas to hear the dirty dozen.

Very strange. They even recorded new music (without Rolie).
Tbh, those new tunes that Schon wrote should just be saved for a new Journey cd.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby scarab » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:12 am

I wonder if this is a Management call.
Journey was not supposed to tour this year, and probably got a very lucrative offer to do so.
I dont think Azoff and company wants the confusion two different "Journey's" in the same year.

I remember when Neal was asked why Deen no longer would sing leads and he said it was a management issue and they didnt want to confuse the fans.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:34 am

scarab wrote:I remember when Neal was asked why Deen no longer would sing leads and he said it was a management issue and they didnt want to confuse the fans.

I remember that too. Makes no sense. Now we have Travis singing - who sounds very little like Perry.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby PianoMan1986 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:26 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
scarab wrote:I remember when Neal was asked why Deen no longer would sing leads and he said it was a management issue and they didnt want to confuse the fans.

I remember that too. Makes no sense. Now we have Travis singing - who sounds very little like Perry.

Just trying to reference time-wise, when did that roughly take place as far as Deen no longer singing leads?
PianoMan1986
LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:55 pm

PianoMan1986 wrote:Just trying to reference time-wise, when did that roughly take place as far as Deen no longer singing leads?

Travis joined the same time Smitty came back.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby PianoMan1986 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:51 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
PianoMan1986 wrote:Just trying to reference time-wise, when did that roughly take place as far as Deen no longer singing leads?

Travis joined the same time Smitty came back.

Right, I knew that, but I was wondering if what was referred to about Deen was something towards the end of his tenure with the band.
PianoMan1986
LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:51 am

PianoMan1986 wrote:Right, I knew that, but I was wondering if what was referred to about Deen was something towards the end of his tenure with the band.

Could be wrong, but I thought Deen stopped singing lead around the Eclipse tour.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Andrew » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:24 pm

JourneyHard wrote:Perhaps Soul Sirkus is the Journey album with Jeff Scott Soto. There is even a ballad on there that sounds like Jeff auditioning for Journey!

It was his audition. Not for Neal, who was convinced, but for mgmt.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:25 pm

That sentence is correct, but it runs a lot deeper.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby AR » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:42 am

I was hoping JTT would hit the east coast. Oh well. Neal probably didn't want his psycho wife anywhere near Washington, DC again.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby PianoMan1986 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:19 pm

Andrew wrote:
JourneyHard wrote:Perhaps Soul Sirkus is the Journey album with Jeff Scott Soto. There is even a ballad on there that sounds like Jeff auditioning for Journey!

So obviously Neal was convinced, but since he was hired, does that imply that management was too, or did something else take place to force a decision?

Andrew wrote:

That sentence is correct, but it runs a lot deeper.

Deeper in what sense Andrew?
PianoMan1986
LP

Postby PianoMan1986 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:20 pm

AR wrote:I was hoping JTT would hit the east coast. Oh well. Neal probably didn't want his psycho wife anywhere near Washington, DC again.

I was hoping for the midwest as I'd be willing shell out some bucks to see this particular show.
PianoMan1986
LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:07 am

Andrew wrote:

Of the Soto/Neal collabs, "Believe in Me" and "Coming Home" sound most Journey-ish. Much of the rest stands very much on its own.
Sirkus was born out of the ashes of PlanetUS. With SA's vocal issues, Neal desperately wanted a hard rocking outlet outside of Journey.

I think Neal genuinely wanted Sirkus to be a success. Any secondary motive of getting JSS into Journey did not come into play until later.
Last edited by The_Noble_Cause on Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Andrew » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:18 am

PianoMan1986 wrote:

Maybe one day...right now it would still get me in trouble :)
Andrew
Administrator

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:21 am

Andrew wrote:
PianoMan1986 wrote:

I think, if Deen wasn't kicked out due to his issues, management would have been forced to have Deen sing again anyway. There's a reason Travis now sings lead here and there. Arnel needs breaks. These songs are a vocal chord sandblaster.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby PianoMan1986 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:28 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Andrew wrote:
PianoMan1986 wrote:

I think, if Deen wasn't kicked out due to his issues, management would have been forced to have Deen sing again anyway. There's a reason Travis now sings lead here and there. Arnel needs breaks. These songs are a vocal chord sandblaster.

TNC, I think it would be a mistake to not have Deen sing hadn't events taken place for him to leave. "Most" of us that have followed that band know of him contributing vocally to select songs during the show and making part of it memorable (and a limited effort to keep the setlist interesting), but it's not like the show was split down the middle with vocal duties to present conflict.
PianoMan1986
LP

Postby PianoMan1986 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:31 pm

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Of the Soto/Neal collabs, "Believe in Me" and "Coming Home" sound most Journey-ish. Much of the rest stands very much on its own.
Sirkus was born out of the ashes of PlanetUS. With SA's vocal issues, Neal desperately wanted a hard rocking outlet outside of Journey.

I think Neal genuinely wanted Sirkus to be a success. Any secondary motive of getting JSS into Journey did not come into play until later.

"Believe in Me" has been a favorite from the first time I heard it through the present. Like others have posited before, I think this would've been a great direction/sound for Journey moving forward, or at least in hopes of something similar. Although, my only issue is hearing the similarities to "Never Walk Away" when I listen to it, but oh well, I enjoy both tunes :lol:
PianoMan1986
LP

Postby PianoMan1986 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:36 pm

Andrew wrote:
PianoMan1986 wrote:

We can't have you getting in trouble Andrew, but we wouldn't mind knowing/understanding some day.

So Soul Sirkus was Jeff's audition? I never knew that or put he connection together. If you're allowed to comment (or anyone else for that matter), things make it seem like management approved, but then there's the sketchiness of his dismissal -- why say yes, if you're going to change your mind down the road?
PianoMan1986
LP

Postby Andrew » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:13 pm

Neal wanted SS to take off and go forward. He wasn't thinking Journey at that stage - for him or Jeff. He wanted to rock for a bit.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:25 pm

Andrew wrote:Neal wanted SS to take off and go forward. He wasn't thinking Journey at that stage - for him or Jeff. He wanted to rock for a bit.

That's what it seemed like. Both JSS and Schon were very passionate and dedicate to getting Sirkus up and running. Between the two bands that emerged from PlanetUS, Sirkus was a million times better than Chickenfoot.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby JourneyHard » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:44 pm

All I was saying was Soul Sirkus had a raw energy to the songs. A magic, if you will, that the Journey albums have been missing for quite some time. Sure. The Journey albums have been good, but they didn't have the excitement that Soul Sirkus had. You could feel something special going on when you listened to those songs. And it rocked, too. The whole thing should have been a big hit. But rock radio today is weird. They promise they play "everything that rocks," but a lot of it doesn't rock. Soul Sirkus should have been in the heavy rotation on rock radio.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Postby RumTumJM » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:00 am

I think Neal is hoping for early 2020.

He had said, online, that it would be November or 2020. Then a few days later he ruled out November. He blamed it all on scheduling.
RumTumJM
45 RPM

Postby scarab » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:32 am

I hope we get to at least hear the songs they recorded and a full length DVD of one of the concerts. I assume thats the best we will get from JTT as in 2020 Journey will be out there with who knows doing the dirty dozen.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby PianoMan1986 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:34 pm

RumTumJM wrote:I think Neal is hoping for early 2020.

He had said, online, that it would be November or 2020. Then a few days later he ruled out November. He blamed it all on scheduling.

What do you mean? As far as releasing something from JTT, or you mean returning to playing shows with that project, or..?

scarab wrote:I hope we get to at least hear the songs they recorded and a full length DVD of one of the concerts. I assume thats the best we will get from JTT as in 2020 Journey will be out there with who knows doing the dirty dozen.

A DVD deserves to be released from those concerts -- foolish not to as far as fan interest goes. Curiosity to hear the recorded songs is there too.
PianoMan1986
LP

Previous

Return to Journey