JTT Shows 2019

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: JTT Shows 2019

Postby annie89509 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:08 am

Guys, I've been out of the loop. So this JTT name (and shows) is a Neal thing? Deen and Gregg are not back in the band? Who are the other 2 guys playing in the shows?

Deen is amazing in the videos. I'm very surprised his voice hasn't aged at all. He is made to sing those songs...more so than Arnel.
User avatar
annie89509
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 2827
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:55 am
Location: the big 5-8

Re: JTT Shows 2019

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:30 pm

annie89509 wrote:I'm very surprised his voice hasn't aged at all. He is made to sing those songs...more so than Arnel.


I think his voice has aged slightly. Also, he hasn't done rigorous touring like Arnel.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14390
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: JTT Shows 2019

Postby RumTumJM » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:09 am

Looks like there's IS going to be shows THIS FALL!

https://twitter.com/DeenTheDrummer/stat ... 13697?s=20
(Scroll up to see the "convo".)
User avatar
RumTumJM
45 RPM
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:24 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: JTT Shows 2019

Postby scarab » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:13 pm

In the fall, Rolie (No Rolie no JTT) will be touring with Ringo, so will he be part of these shows? Also the dirty dozen Journey will be touring as well this fall.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1866
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: JTT Shows 2019

Postby tater1977 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:56 pm

Cain said in an interview yesterday that Journey's tour in 2020 will be with Chrissie Hynde and The Pretenders.
And that he is refreshed and ready to start writing a new album with Neal.

:roll:
Think I've heard that one before, but instead of writing a new Journey album last tour,
he wrote a new album full of his worship material and released it last month.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5248
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: JTT Shows 2019

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:00 pm

tater1977 wrote:Cain said in an interview yesterday that Journey's tour in 2020 will be with Chrissie Hynde and The Pretenders.
And that he is refreshed and ready to start writing a new album with Neal.


Weak tour ticket imo. As for new music...Neal should just take the tracks he wrote for JTT and record them with and as Journey. Cain can play on them. He just won't have a writing credit.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14390
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Re: JTT Shows 2019

Postby scarab » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:12 am

I hope this is the Great Pretender.
I like the band, but the Pretenders?

They go from selling out ballparks with Leppard to this?

And Jon is refreshed and ready now? What "wore" him out?

Hey I know how about JTT opening for Journey. We all know Schon could pull that off.
Do stuff from the first three albums (And DaD) and the trade off songs with Rolie and a couple others from infinity-departure.

Then bring on Cain and Arnel (and the rest) and do from Escape through Eclipse. Then bring on both bands for "The Party's Over) when Deen can sing the intro, and Arnel can sing the outro. (The original Journey song that ended with its chorus).

Didnt Yes do something like this? When they were in two bands and then super merged for a tour?
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
User avatar
scarab
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1866
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 am
Location: Pigs Eye, MN

Re: JTT Shows 2019

Postby tater1977 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:33 am

"According to Cain, a Journey-Pretenders tour is something he’s been suggesting for the last 10 years, while admitting that Hynde initially was reluctant to sign on. He says her opinion changed after her band played some large-scale concerts with Journey last year. "

“[S]he got on a couple of stadium dates with us and had a lot of fun,” Jonathan points out. “And our fans adore her, you know. And she went, ‘Well, this isn’t so bad,’ you know. And then she saw our show and went, ‘Oh, they’re a real rock band’…She had a really great time.” :lol:
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5248
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: JTT Shows 2019

Postby FamilyMan » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:50 am

tater1977 wrote:"According to Cain, a Journey-Pretenders tour is something he’s been suggesting for the last 10 years, while admitting that Hynde initially was reluctant to sign on. He says her opinion changed after her band played some large-scale concerts with Journey last year. "

“[S]he got on a couple of stadium dates with us and had a lot of fun,” Jonathan points out. “And our fans adore her, you know. And she went, ‘Well, this isn’t so bad,’ you know. And then she saw our show and went, ‘Oh, they’re a real rock band’…She had a really great time.” :lol:


When did Journey play stadiums last year with The Pretenders? :?:
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:11 am

Re: JTT Shows 2019

Postby tater1977 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:07 am

FamilyMan wrote:
tater1977 wrote:"According to Cain, a Journey-Pretenders tour is something he’s been suggesting for the last 10 years, while admitting that Hynde initially was reluctant to sign on. He says her opinion changed after her band played some large-scale concerts with Journey last year. "

“[S]he got on a couple of stadium dates with us and had a lot of fun,” Jonathan points out. “And our fans adore her, you know. And she went, ‘Well, this isn’t so bad,’ you know. And then she saw our show and went, ‘Oh, they’re a real rock band’…She had a really great time.” :lol:


When did Journey play stadiums last year with The Pretenders? :?:


Was a 3 bill performance. Not many showed up for their set.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b66BuxBK_IA
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5248
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: JTT Shows 2019

Postby tater1977 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:31 pm

http://kneb.com/abc_classicr/jonathan-c ... d36189903/

Meanwhile, Cain reveals that he’s been working on a couple songs for a potential new Journey album.

“I’ve been gathering stuff,” he says. “I keep a notebook of all kinds of ideas, and I certainly think, when the time is right, it will happen, for sure.”
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc
 
Posts: 5248
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am
Location: USA

Re: JTT Shows 2019

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:45 am

tater1977 wrote:http://kneb.com/abc_classicr/jonathan-cain-discusses-similarities-between-his-solo-christian-music-and-journey-abcid36189903/

Meanwhile, Cain reveals that he’s been working on a couple songs for a potential new Journey album.

“I’ve been gathering stuff,” he says. “I keep a notebook of all kinds of ideas, and I certainly think, when the time is right, it will happen, for sure.”


He always says this. During their last Vegas residency, they were supposed to begin writing. Instead, he wrote more Christian pop shit.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
User avatar
The_Noble_Cause
MP3
 
Posts: 14390
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Lake Titicaca

Previous

Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests