Live in Japan 2017

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Live in Japan 2017

Postby Gideon » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:34 pm

Looking forward to this DVD.

Also, has anyone read Neal’s bitching on Twitter a couple of days ago about a review that described him, Arnel, and Ross “holding down” the front of the stage while Jon’s piano rig is off to the stage right?

Neal, naturally, interprets this as an insult and proceeds to lose his goddamned mind: “I DONT HOLD ANYTHING DOWN I FLY I SOAR SMITH AND I BRING THE FIRE ROSS AND JON HOLD THE STAGE DOWN!!!”

The sentence was literally describing their physical positions on the stage and Neal spins it into a conspiracy about “manipulated reviews” intent on insulting him.

He’s fucking insane.
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Re: Live in Japan 2017

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:34 am

Gideon wrote:Looking forward to this DVD.

Also, has anyone read Neal’s bitching on Twitter a couple of days ago about a review that described him, Arnel, and Ross “holding down” the front of the stage while Jon’s piano rig is off to the stage right?

Neal, naturally, interprets this as an insult and proceeds to lose his goddamned mind: “I DONT HOLD ANYTHING DOWN I FLY I SOAR SMITH AND I BRING THE FIRE ROSS AND JON HOLD THE STAGE DOWN!!!”

The sentence was literally describing their physical positions on the stage and Neal spins it into a conspiracy about “manipulated reviews” intent on insulting him.

He’s fucking insane.

He followed that up with "I don't hold down anything! I let it Fly and Rip! I'm Neal Fucking Schon Lead Guitarist and original Founder of Journey - NSJTT" and another with a picture of him and Smith that said "The Fire".

What an asshole.
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby Onestepper » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:30 am

Still convinced that a lot of those posts on social media are his wife making them. I think she is obsessed with what is said about them, and was a big contributor to the drama around Neal and Jon. Just my opinion.
Onestepper
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:14 pm

He’s fucking insane.

Glad you brought this up. It was also obvious to me that the review was not using "holding down" as an insult. What a coke-addled dumb fuck.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Gideon » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:19 am

Onestepper, there can be no doubt she’s been a malignant influence.

The_Noble_Cause wrote:

He’s fucking insane.

Glad you brought this up. It was also obvious to me that the review was not using "holding down" as an insult. What a coke-addled dumb fuck.

Yeah, I’m just blown away by the petulance. He’s out of his goddamned mind and I have to imagine he’s the most obnoxious motherfucker to work with anymore. He’ll always be my favorite axeman and I’ll always love to watch him play and listen to his music, but there oughta be an Executive Order from management or even POTUS that he stay off social media. He’s clusterfuck incarnate.

At least Jon behaves with an infinitely greater measure of public tact.
'Nothing was bigger for Journey than 1981’s “Escape” album. “I have to attribute that to Jonathan coming in and joining the writing team,” Steve Perry (Feb 2012).'
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby perryswoman » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:03 pm

Ha ha yep he is insane. My favorite guitarist of all time but if he thinks for one second Steve Perry would ever do anything with him he is full blown nuts. Dam how do they put up with him everyday. He and his wife are psycho to the fullest extent! Thank
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:22 am

perryswoman wrote:Ha ha yep he is insane. My favorite guitarist of all time but if he thinks for one second Steve Perry would ever do anything with him he is full blown nuts. Dam how do they put up with him everyday. He and his wife are psycho to the fullest extent! Thank

In interviews, he seems normal. I have to think it might be his wife playing games on social media.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby perryswoman » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:21 am

Could be. Shes always been a nut job!
Come back Steve Perry!!
perryswoman
Cassette Tape

Postby FamilyMan » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:41 am

Management's patience is wearing very thin...
Who would have thought the Eagles would be the functional members of the Azoff family? :o
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape

Postby Eric » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:21 am

Got this today.. listened to the first several tracks. Great production/sound, band sounds REALLY good. Arnel's VOICE sounds strong but his timing and diction were pretty bad in my opinion. It was especially noticeable on Keep on Runnin'... it sounded like he was in another room.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:25 am

FamilyMan wrote:Management's patience is wearing very thin...

At this point it seems like Neal is just poking the hornet's test.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:08 am

The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby artinis1 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:52 am

Blu-Ray looks and sounds fantastic, Steve Smith incredible and Neal on fire
artinis1
Ol' 78

Postby ebake02 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:11 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
perryswoman wrote:Ha ha yep he is insane. My favorite guitarist of all time but if he thinks for one second Steve Perry would ever do anything with him he is full blown nuts. Dam how do they put up with him everyday. He and his wife are psycho to the fullest extent! Thank

In interviews, he seems normal. I have to think it might be his wife playing games on social media.

I’ve wondering about that a lot myself, how much of Neal’s seemingly bat shit crazy behavior is just her hiding behind Neal and his social media pages. It seems like she has always been a fame/attention whore even before she hooked up with Neal.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby Gideon » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:35 am

My gf bought me the DVD version of this; the picture sucked on my TV - blu ray has spoiled me.
I reordered the blu ray version and am looking forward to seeing it.

Sonically, this thing sounds great. The band is on fire.
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby artinis1 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:02 pm

Perry is right, Arnel sing his heart out, a lot of energy
artinis1
Ol' 78

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:42 pm

My copy just arrived. I really only wanted a new Journey CD for the car. I'll watch the DVD at some point.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby artinis1 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:25 pm

I don’t think I’ve watched a full concert DVD in years, it took 2 nights but saw the whole show,
it really took me back to those crazy nights in my youth seeing them on both tours in ‘81-‘83,
great to hears songs like Chain Reaction and Rubicon, Arnel does a good job on those
artinis1
Ol' 78

Postby hgwy407 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:08 am

I love the set but man I have to admit I miss Deen's vocals. Travis' voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Nothing personal at all as I think his vocal style would work well in other projects, just not Journey.
hgwy407
Ol' 78

Postby Gideon » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:25 am

I think he knocked Lay It Down out of the park, honestly.
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:33 am

3 songs in. Arnel's diction is still an issue. Smith's jazzy playing is really holding my attention. So far, so good.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:40 pm

Gideon wrote:I think he knocked Lay It Down out of the park, honestly.

Travis is very much a Nashville type singer. But I agree that "Lay It Down" sounds awesome.
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby Gideon » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:40 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
Gideon wrote:I think he knocked Lay It Down out of the park, honestly.

Travis is very much a Nashville type singer. But I agree that "Lay It Down" sounds awesome.

Agreed. That’s why I don’t think he sounds quite as strong on ATF, where the twang is inappropriate.

Overall, I’m really pleased with LIJ 2017. Arnel sounds strong for his age and tenure, but not perfect. The rest of the band is firing on all cylinders and, for the first time in ages, the concert was well shot and sonically produced.

Solid B+ or A- for me.
Gideon
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:10 pm

Travis's tracks were actually the highlight for me. But I enjoyed it overall. B+
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby PMA » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:22 am

Just received my copy and watched most of it. Overall, great performance. Neal's guitar seemed overly processed and the drums were a bit too far back in the mix for my taste but these are just minor issues. Arnel really shines on this in my opinion. It was great hearing some songs they haven't played on a regular basis.
PMA
Radio Waves

Return to Journey