former Journey lead vocalist Kevin Chalfant capping off show

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Re: former Journey lead vocalist Kevin Chalfant capping off

Postby jrnyman28 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:50 pm

Journey was working with Kevin AND Gregg before Perry's return for TBF.
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby Moonglow » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:35 am

jrnyman28 wrote:Journey was working with Kevin AND Gregg before Perry's return for TBF.

Really? I was always under the impression that Gregg didn’t do any work with Journey after he left. Where was Jonathan?
Moonglow
Radio Waves

Postby kgdjpubs » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:29 am

Moonglow wrote:
jrnyman28 wrote:Journey was working with Kevin AND Gregg before Perry's return for TBF.

Really? I was always under the impression that Gregg didn’t do any work with Journey after he left. Where was Jonathan?

As far as I'm aware, it was a six-man lineup with both Rolie AND Cain. Rolie on the Hammond B3 (and presumably co-lead vocals), Cain on keyboards. You have to remember that Rolie, Chalfant, Valory (and at one time, Steve Smith) were coming off The Storm. There aren't that many differences between The Storm and Journey musically, especially by the second album.

Whether Steve Smith was on drums, I don't know. He had left The Storm several years previous. Doesn't matter really. Plenty of drummers out there if he said no. The fact that songs were written means that Journey was coming back, Perry or not.
kgdjpubs
Cassette Tape

Postby Aaron » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:08 pm

Very likely.
RedWingFan wrote:Journey would have been much better off going with Chalfant than Augeri. They were pretty close vocally, but Chalfant was a far superior song writer. KC, JC and Neal could have written some great stuff.
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Previous

Return to Journey