The Show Must Go On / ABC

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

The Show Must Go On / ABC

Postby FamilyMan » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:00 am

Hi everyone,
Apologies to Andrew and everyone else if this is an infraction of posting rules. But I feel like y'all here on the Journey forum are my friends and family.

Exciting news to share: I am the executive producer of a two-hour documentary airing Monday night 8pm on ABC here in the states. It's called "The Show Must Go On: The Queen and Adam Lambert Story." The film chronicles Lambert's unlikely path from American Idol hopeful to front man of the iconic band. Many similarities to Arnel/Journey, so I hope you will watch and enjoy. You'll see plenty of familiar faces... we have Brian May and Roger Taylor, of course. But we also have Taylor Hawkins of Foo Fighters and Joe Elliott of Def Leppard. Fun fact: the first person to sing lead with Queen after Freddie Mercury's death was... Joe Elliott!

We all know how rare it is when network television embraces rock and roll. So this is a very exciting opportunity. We are proud of the finished product and hope y'all in the U.S. get to see it.

Thanks for the support!
Preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AmvymkRyOw
"I'd love to hear his voice again." - Neal Schon 2008
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape

Re: The Show Must Go On / ABC

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:03 am

FamilyMan wrote:Hi everyone,
Apologies to Andrew and everyone else if this is an infraction of posting rules. But I feel like y'all here on the Journey forum are my friends and family.

Exciting news to share: I am the executive producer of a two-hour documentary airing Monday night 8pm on ABC here in the states. It's called "The Show Must Go On: The Queen and Adam Lambert Story." The film chronicles Lambert's unlikely path from American Idol hopeful to front man of the iconic band. Many similarities to Arnel/Journey, so I hope you will watch and enjoy. You'll see plenty of familiar faces... we have Brian May and Roger Taylor, of course. But we also have Taylor Hawkins of Foo Fighters and Joe Elliott of Def Leppard. Fun fact: the first person to sing lead with Queen after Freddie Mercury's death was... Joe Elliott!

We all know how rare it is when network television embraces rock and roll. So this is a very exciting opportunity. We are proud of the finished product and hope y'all in the U.S. get to see it.

Thanks for the support!
Preview:

Very cool Family Man! Congrats! I remember occasionally watching Idol when Lambert was running and I was blown away by his range. The Paul Rodgers Queen experiement was interesting too.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby FamilyMan » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:07 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:
FamilyMan wrote:Hi everyone,

Thanks for the support!
Preview:

Very cool Family Man! Congrats! I remember occasionally watching Idol when Lambert was running and I was blown away by his range.

Thanks TNC! Greatly appreciate the support.
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:51 am

Congrats FM. Will have to watch it.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby scarab » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:57 am

Thanks for this, will be watching.
a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Memorex » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:22 am

Very cool.
Memorex
Stereo LP

Postby tedpruitt » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:58 am

One hell of a job Family Man. Well done. What a wonderfully complete inside look. Way to go! You could see the work and heart that went into the production! You should be insanely proud of that product!
tedpruitt
Ol' 78

Postby tater1977 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:41 pm

Nice job FM, was well worth a 2 hr watch. Thanks.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Postby taysam » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:28 pm

Great job on the show! We enjoyed it so much! And, unlike GOT last episode, we can see it all. It wasn't dark.
taysam
Radio Waves

Postby FamilyMan » Thu May 02, 2019 4:48 am

Thanks very much for the kind words, folks!
It was great fun to do. Nice to have rock in primetime again, right!?
FamilyMan
Cassette Tape

Return to Journey