Bryan Adams finally returns to New Orleans with his full ban

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Bryan Adams finally returns to New Orleans with his full ban

Postby tater1977 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:02 am

Bryan Adams finally returns to New Orleans with his full band after a quarter-century absence

BY KEITH SPERA | kspera@theadvocate.com May 7, 2019

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 7b14b.html

- read full article

On July 17, 1983, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Super Bowl filled Tad Gormley Stadium in City Park with a bill topped by Journey. Touring in support of the smash “Frontiers” album, Journey still featured singer Steve Perry. They were the day’s big draw.

The undercard included grizzled British rockers Foghat, local favorites Zebra and, in the day's early-afternoon opening slot, a young Canadian singer-songwriter with a sensible haircut named Bryan Adams, fresh off his first real hit, "Cuts Like a Knife."

Two years later, Adams had moved up enough rungs on the rock ‘n’ roll ladder to headline the University of New Orleans Lakefront Arena, thanks to the success of his “Reckless” album. Seven years passed until he returned to New Orleans and the Lakefront Arena, in 1992.

He wouldn’t headline another New Orleans show with a full band for 27 years...
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Compact Disc

Re: Bryan Adams finally returns to New Orleans with his full

Postby scarab » Wed May 08, 2019 12:49 pm

My first real rock concert was on this tour. I don't remember much about Adams cept for cuts like a knife which was played to death on MTV. I was 13. When Journey came on the crowd went nuts and from the nosebleed seats at the Met Center which they sold out 3 nights in a row had a tough time hearing but will always remember Mother Father.
Which after seeing Journey again in 86 and Augeri 5-6 times and JSS once have never heard it live in person again.

a man, well, he'll walk right into hell with both eyes open. But even the devil can't fool a dog!"
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Pacfanweb » Mon May 20, 2019 2:32 am

Took the wife to see him (or maybe she dragged me, lol) last week.

He was great. His voice is damn near flawless. At least through the PA, he sounds no different to me.
Pacfanweb
45 RPM

Postby JourneyHard » Tue May 21, 2019 2:45 pm

I saw the Journey Escape tour. I wish I could have seen the Frontiers Tour, too. But I never saw Journey with Gregg Rolie. That is why I was hoping Journey Through Time would tour in my area.
JourneyHard
8 Track

Return to Journey