Rolling Stone 250 Greatest Guitarists

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Rolling Stone 250 Greatest Guitarists

Postby JourneyHard » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:04 pm

Rolling Stone 250 Greatest Guitarists is bogus. There's no Neal Schon! Are these people nuts? Also, nobody from Styx, REO Speedwagon, or Boston. If they are going to have 250, all of them should have been included also. I know they don't like Ted Nugent's politics, but he should have made the list, too. This list is bogus.
JourneyHard
Cassette Tape

Re: Rolling Stone 250 Greatest Guitarists

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:58 pm

JourneyHard wrote:Rolling Stone 250 Greatest Guitarists is bogus. There's no Neal Schon! Are these people nuts? Also, nobody from Styx, REO Speedwagon, or Boston. If they are going to have 250, all of them should have been included also. I know they don't like Ted Nugent's politics, but he should have made the list, too. This list is bogus.

Rolling Stone magazine always has been a worthless rag. And they've always hated Journey, Foreigner, Boston, Styx and bands like them. Simply put, Rolling Stone magazine doesn't want to promote true musicians, they only want to promote freak shows and complete talentless garbage. They also try to manipulate peoples minds to fit the agendas of TPTB.

I'd rather not see Schon listed as the 247th best guitarist on their pathetic crap list. I'd rather him not even be on their pathetic crap list at all.

Let me guess, they have Kurt Cobain and hacks like him in their top 10?
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby Loneman1 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:12 pm

Yeah I might have been a bit rough on Neal for recent things lately, but there's no denying his musical talent EVER. Screw RS, they've had an anti-Journey, or in their addled brains, "corporate rock" stance forever. Glad they aren't really relevant anymore.
Rock on,
Eric
Loneman1
8 Track

Postby Onestepper » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:18 pm

Why would anyone care what Rolling Stone says about anything. Completely pointless.
Onestepper
Cassette Tape

Postby Eric » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:56 am

The lack of respect and being overshadowed by ballad hits and Perry is partly to blame why he is the way he is...
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby Journey/Survivor » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:50 am

Eric wrote:The lack of respect and being overshadowed by ballad hits and Perry is partly to blame why he is the way he is...

Not too many months back I said here on MR that I feel that Neal is insecure in many ways when it comes to how much respect he receives for his guitar playing and musical talent in general. But that I can totally understand why he'd feel that way.
Neal is in my opinion the greatest Rock guitarist in history. And anyone who would try to claim that he's not at minimum one of the top 10 greatest ever is total moron who doesn't know jack shit about guitar playing.

Yet, Neal doesn't even make the top 250 list by shit publications like Rolling Stone magazine.

That's gotta be frustrating as hell to know that you are one of the top 10 greatest Rock guitarists of all time, and arguably the #1 greatest ever, and yet you get ignored on so many lists of the greatest ever. And then if you're someone who's at Neal's level, and you see players who are nothing special at all getting listed way better on lists than yourself, that really sucks!

So yeah, I would agree.That plays a big role in why Neal acts the way that he does.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby ebake02 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:33 am

Rolling Stone has hated on Journey going back to the 80s so this doesn't surprise me.
Penn Staters across the globe should feel no shame in saying "We are…Penn State." - Joe Paterno
ebake02
Stereo LP

Postby koberry » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:59 am

Rick Beato responds to the 250 list and mentions Neal at 3:30s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkjFAcJChXc
koberry
45 RPM

Postby Journey/Survivor » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:21 pm

To my surprise I got the page to open for me after several tries, and I saw the list.

The list is an even bigger joke than I had imagined was possible.

They might as well have named Madonna as the third greatest guitarist ever.
Journey/Survivor
Stereo LP

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:35 am

At one point I would have felt upset at Neal being snubbed. Hard to have pity or sympathy for the guy at this point.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Return to Journey