WOW! Perry was damn good!

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

WOW! Perry was damn good!

Postby NUBMAN » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:21 pm

I just got finished watching the Greatest Hits dvd and I was knocked out! I saw journey on the Raised on Radio tour in Pittsburgh back in the day and have fond memories, but I didnt really think about how "great" Perry was back then. I actually said "WOW" out loud a few times.
For that era, he was awesome. That Escape tour footage showed that he could "bring it".
I really hope that more stuff from the original band comes out on dvd.

I gonna watch it again!!!!!!

Peace!
"That's why I hang around with two of 'em - if there has to be any conversation, I don't have to be involved!! Forgeddaboudit!!!"
NUBMAN
Radio Waves

Postby Bamamutt » Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:31 pm

I love watching the GH's DVD! Looking forward to the next installment... :D
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

Postby Journeynut » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:59 am

Where did you see ROR in Pittsburgh?
I saw journey there at the "civic arena" in 1981.
I don't think it is called that now...have been gone 20 years.

You are right Perry is and was damn good.
Anyway, what was I saying.........
Journeynut
Ol' 78

perry

Postby NUBMAN » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:14 pm

It was called the Civic Arena. Now its the Mellon Arena.

I remember it clearly because my sister took me along after her friend got sick. Lucky for me!!!!

I was 13 years old. Im pretty positive it was the ROR tour. I think Journey played 2 nights in Pittsburgh on that tour. I remember her saying that we were attending the first night. Journey was HUGE.

Journey at their peak was surely a site to see. My friends were jealous that I got to see them. I feel fortunate to have seen them at their peak Popularity speaking).

Randy Jackson in the spandex cracks me up every time I see it. Classic!
"That's why I hang around with two of 'em - if there has to be any conversation, I don't have to be involved!! Forgeddaboudit!!!"
NUBMAN
Radio Waves

Postby Rockindeano » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:05 pm

Now it's called the "Igloo" in honor of the Penguins whoplay NHL hockey there.

Yeah, Journey was THE BAND then weren't they? Nobody was bigger.

Dean
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Postby Bamamutt » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:48 pm

I got to see Journey on the ROR tour....Awesome concert!! :D :D :D
Their song, "Why Can't This Night (Go On Forever)"....Well that's how I was feeling that night...I wanted it to go on forever...
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

differ

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:32 pm

I've listened to a ton of bootlegs over the years of different eras of the band, and I honestly don't like their sound during ROR. It sounds too rushed....kinda sloppy. It was hard to recognize a song at the start sometimes even (ex. Wheel in the Sky)

I like them best in the late 70's in terms of live sound.
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby Bamamutt » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:06 pm

:( ..I wish I could have been to some of those huge arena shows that they did....I was too young to go at the time and none were within the region I lived in...
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

Re: perry

Postby Running Alone » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:49 am

NUBMAN wrote:It was called the Civic Arena. Now its the Mellon Arena.

I remember it clearly because my sister took me along after her friend got sick. Lucky for me!!!!

I was 13 years old. Im pretty positive it was the ROR tour. I think Journey played 2 nights in Pittsburgh on that tour. I remember her saying that we were attending the first night. Journey was HUGE.

Journey at their peak was surely a site to see. My friends were jealous that I got to see them. I feel fortunate to have seen them at their peak Popularity speaking).

Randy Jackson in the spandex cracks me up every time I see it. Classic!

Journey played the Civic Arena on October 19 and 20, 1985, I think. I couldn't go because that was my daughter's birthday. I was bummed but thought, "Oh well, I can see them next year"..... and we know how that went!
Running Alone
Fresh Air

Return to Journey