The Storm/Two Fires

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

The Storm/Two Fires

Postby Abitaman » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:41 am

Anyone got a live cdr of these two groups. Had the chance to see the Storm open for Bryan Adams back in the early 90's. But nothing since. I will buy or trade for a copy or either two groups. Let me know-Eric at abitaman205@yahoo.com
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

The Storm

Postby Bamamutt » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:12 am

BTW...Who is playing guitar for them now that Josh Ramos is playing with Hardline?
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

Postby Monker » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:06 am

Anyone got a live cdr of these two groups. Had the chance to see the Storm open for Bryan Adams back in the early 90's. But nothing since. I will buy or trade for a copy or either two groups. Let me know-Eric at abitaman205@yahoo.com

I do not have a CDR/DVD but I do have a video of The Storm from back in the early 90's. They perform most of the debut album, "Just the Same Way" and "Anytime"...and I think "Black Magic Woman" (not sure).

It's funny too because you can hear these two girls talking about which members were in Journey...they end up chatting about Kevin and they can't decide if he was in Journey or not. I thought it was pretty funny.

I remember dubbing this video for a few Journey fans (which I won't do now, so don't ask) way back then. A lot of the replies back were basicaly, "he does nothing but imitate Perry!" "What a Perry clone!" "He even tries to LOOK like Steve Perry!"

I just thought it was so far off...KC looks like Perry? Then some of the reactions came back for Augeri - AND THEY WERE EXACTLY THE SAME. It was then that I realized that it had nothing to do with KC, or Augeri, ANYBODY replacing Steve Perry would have had the same reaction.

I have been a fan of Chalfant from the first I heard the debut Storm album, and I always will be. it has nothing to do with Journey. He has an incredible voice, he is a good songwriter, and knows how to put together some awesome music...in the Storm, Two Fires, and solo. He has EARNED my respect and fandom in ways that Steve Perry never could.
Monker
MP3

Postby atthistime » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:33 am

The man who brought Journey all their success, has my deepest respect and gratitude for giving his vocals and songwriting talents to so many of his fans for the most important years of Classic Rock.
Long Live Steve Perry!
atthistime
Ol' 78

Postby Tornado_Jackson » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:28 am

atthistime wrote:The man who brought Journey all their success, has my deepest respect and gratitude for giving his vocals and songwriting talents to so many of his fans for the most important years of Classic Rock.
Long Live Steve Perry!

Umm, just what exactly does that even remotely have to do with The Storm or Two Fires? :roll:

The man who brought Journey all their success,

Even the most ardent of Perry fans would readily admit that Steve was not accountable for "all their success".
Now you are just trying to purposely peeve people off.

Andrew- time to shut this place down again. I truly mean that. Once more, it's become a hostile breeding ground/haven for a few senseless disenchanted Perrynutzoids who are always on the defensive.
Tornado_Jackson

Postby Monker » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:56 am

The man who brought Journey all their success, has my deepest respect and gratitude for giving his vocals and songwriting talents to so many of his fans for the most important years of Classic Rock.
Long Live Steve Perry!

Ironicaly, this is exactly the type of idolic behavior that I speak of. It clouds your vision of what is good and bad. It does not allow you to see when something has value even though it is different from that which you have decided to worship.

In many ways, I am glad that KC was not chosen to replace Perry because he would have to endure the constant criticism of people like you. Augeri was the better choice in the sense that he is better able to deal with the hatred that some Perry fans will continualy erupt at Journey, and him, until the end of their lives.

BTW, Chalfant will have a Christmas CD released sometime in the near future. Isn't that a new concept? A singer actualy releasing an album? Oh, another shocking thing - he is a singer who actualy tours and SINGS. Wow! It's just such a stretch for a lead singer to do such things.
Monker
MP3

Postby Abitaman » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:32 am

I agree with the Kevin comments, great singer, I have all his storm/two fires cd, and 707, plus his solo Running (or chasing) the wind. Just got his gospel cd. one word awesome. But, is there anyone out there that wants to sell a copy (trade) of him on one of his projects in concert?
Also on a side not. Why is there so much hatred among Perry fans? The man is not in Journey, let him be. Journey has gone on without and doing good. They do need to put out more new material quicker, Steve A is a great singer. True he is not the master that Perry is, but he (SA) is in Journey. And he has the guts to stand up in front of thousands and sing Journey songs. And more power to him for how he handled the crowd of Perry fans at a recent concert. Instead of getting made at the people chanting we want perry. SA took his shoes off and asked if anyone wanted to sand in his shoes. I didn't hear of any volunteers. Don't get me wrong Perry is the greatest singer out there, followed closely by DeYoung, but both me are out of their groups. That's there choice to go solo or retire, and we have to live with it. SO yes I'm a newbie, but stop slandering people who don't agree with you-ERIC Still looking for copies of those concerts mentioned above email me at abitaman205@yahho.com
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby atthistime » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:37 am

Monker brought up his lack of respect for Perry so I simply sought to state my view as he did. Sorry!
atthistime
Ol' 78

Postby Abitaman » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:53 am

It was you, or any one person. It's just that I have read on this site and others, over the past year, how people dog someone because they don't share the same views. Or how they will dog an artist (and some do deserve to be dogged for the example they are setting), or a band because someone quit, got fired, or something else. We all ahve a right to our opinion, but we souldn't bad mouth a artist or person, because they don't think like we do. It's not just Journey fans or Styx, Rush, etc..It's just the world in general I believe. Anyway I'm rambling, but I was not offended by your comments-ERIC
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby Monker » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:44 pm

atthistime wrote:Monker brought up his lack of respect for Perry so I simply sought to state my view as he did. Sorry!

I did not bring up my "lack of respect" for Perry. I simply said that KC has earned my respect in ways that Perry could never do.

Has Perry released albums from THREE bands, all of which I have liked (707, The Storm, Two Fires)....I'd probably like the VU if I had heard it. Has Perry released multiple solo albums, all of which I have liked? (Running with the Wind, his gospel CD). Is Perry so available to his fans that he will chat with them and trade Emails with them? I've done both with Chalfant...but I would never even attempt it with Perry - even if I was a fan.

No, I didn't think so...Steve can never earn my respect in those ways because the guy doesn't record or sing at all.

If you want to idolize Perry simply because he once had a great voice, and maybe he stilll does but chooses to not use it, well, that's your life.
Monker
MP3

Postby atthistime » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:15 am

Perry, Perry, Perry..............You're obsessed with the man monker. He's in so very many of your posts. The posts just have to be about Journey and up pops your lack of respect for the man. He is his own man and no one has the right to tell him how he must live his life. He gave so very much of his talent and has the respect for that from his many fans and fellow musicians. We should be so lucky to get more. He touch's base with us often enough and what he has to say at these time's is heartfelt and satisifying to this fan.
I doubt that he feels cheated by your lack of respect in the way he chooses to live his life.
atthistime
Ol' 78

Postby Bamamutt » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:38 am

atthistime wrote:Perry, Perry, Perry..............You're obsessed with the man monker. He's in so very many of your posts. The posts just have to be about Journey and up pops your lack of respect for the man. He is his own man and no one has the right to tell him how he must live his life. He gave so very much of his talent and has the respect for that from his many fans and fellow musicians. We should be so lucky to get more. He touch's base with us often enough and what he has to say at these time's is heartfelt and satisifying to this fan.
I doubt that he feels cheated by your lack of respect in the way he chooses to live his life.

I agree....Well said, atthistime...
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

Postby Monker » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:58 pm

atthistime wrote:Perry, Perry, Perry..............
You're obsessed with the man monker. He's in so very many of your posts.

I don't give a damn what you think.

The posts just have to be about Journey and up pops your lack of respect for the man.

So what. If you don't like what I say, don't read my posts. You post EXCLUSIVELY about Perry to the point where you come across as the leader of some kind of cult.

Chronicaly
Repulsive
Abnoxious
Perry
Society

He is his own man and no one has the right to tell him how he must live his life.

I have every right to tell him how to live his life. Watch:

Steve Perry - pose nude for Playgirl and give your fans something to drool over.

See? Now, HE has every right to NOT listen. So do you.

He gave so very much of his talent and has the respect for that from his many fans and fellow musicians.

I reallly don't care what you think. *I* think his solo music SUCKS. *I* think that he has given VERY little musicaly since 1987. *I* think he is NOTHING without Journey - I think HE knows that. I have very little respect for him as a songwriter or as anything other then being the lead singer of Journey from 1978 - 1986....everything following has been mediocrity and AVOIDING the limelight.

We should be so lucky to get more.

More what? Lackluster performances like "I Stand Alone", where he sounds like he can hardly breathe? Yeah, you're right, you'll be lucky - cuz it ain't gonna happen. More interviews where he repeats his whining about losing Sherry, his mother dying, and being replaced in Journey? How many times can you hear the same crap and be excited about it?

He touch's base with us often enough and what he has to say at these time's is heartfelt and satisifying to this fan.

Of course. If you don't feed a dog long enough, even table scraps will satisfy its hunger. I'm sure Journey fans will feel the same way if they don't get a new album next year.

Am I worried about Perry lack of respect for me? Am I worried about Neal's, or any other musician that I have never met and don't even know? I don't think so.

Steve Perry will live his life they way he has been living it - whether I respect his abilities or not.
Monker
MP3

Postby Bamamutt » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:04 pm

Monker wrote:
I don't give a damn what you think.

So what. If you don't like what I say, don't read my posts. You post EXCLUSIVELY about Perry to the point where you come across as the leader of some kind of cult.

Chronicaly
Repulsive
Abnoxious
Perry
Society

I have every right to tell him how to live his life. Watch:

Steve Perry - pose nude for Playgirl and give your fans something to drool over.

See? Now, HE has every right to NOT listen. So do you.

I reallly don't care what you think. *I* think his solo music SUCKS. *I* think that he has given VERY little musicaly since 1987. *I* think he is NOTHING without Journey - I think HE knows that. I have very little respect for him as a songwriter or as anything other then being the lead singer of Journey from 1978 - 1986....everything following has been mediocrity and AVOIDING the limelight.

More what? Lackluster performances like "I Stand Alone", where he sounds like he can hardly breathe? Yeah, you're right, you'll be lucky - cuz it ain't gonna happen. More interviews where he repeats his whining about losing Sherry, his mother dying, and being replaced in Journey? How many times can you hear the same crap and be excited about it?

Of course. If you don't feed a dog long enough, even table scraps will satisfy its hunger. I'm sure Journey fans will feel the same way if they don't get a new album next year.

Am I worried about Perry lack of respect for me? Am I worried about Neal's, or any other musician that I have never met and don't even know? I don't think so.

Steve Perry will live his life they way he has been living it - whether I respect his abilities or not.

:roll: :roll:
Here we go again...
:roll: :roll:

Yes we know how you feel about Steve Perry..There are those of us that do love what he does and it would be alittle more respectable on your part to be alittle more mature and ease up on the Perry bashing..
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

Postby atthistime » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:41 am

My heavens, Bama! Won't it be wonderful when the next Journey DVD comes out with more of "The Steve Perry Years?" We'll get to view some of the live concerts that we missed way back then. I'll bet it sells faster and better than the first. Should be around Christmas time, right?

Monker! "Methinks thou doth protest too much."........atthistime
atthistime
Ol' 78

Next DVD

Postby Bamamutt » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:11 am

atthistime wrote:My heavens, Bama! Won't it be wonderful when the next Journey DVD comes out with more of "The Steve Perry Years?" We'll get to view some of the live concerts that we missed way back then. I'll bet it sells faster and better than the first. Should be around Christmas time, right?

:D :D ..I am very much looking forward to the new DVD.. :D :D

LOL...Yes there is something about Steve Perry that drives Monker bonkers..LOL
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

Postby perryfaithful » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:23 am

"More interviews where he repeats his whining about losing Sherry"

HUH?
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

HUH...

Postby Bamamutt » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:46 pm

perryfaithful wrote:"More interviews where he repeats his whining about losing Sherry"

HUH?

He's just spouting...Jealous of the talient...
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

Postby Monker » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:47 pm

Yes we know how you feel about Steve Perry...

Then you people must be sadistic. What kind of weirdos read posts they know they are going to hate and then go whine about the content?

There are those of us that do love what he does and it would be alittle more respectable on your part to be alittle more mature and ease up on the Perry bashing..

I AM being respectable. FTLOSM sucks. "I Stand Alone" sucks. His interviews are just a pity party. Steve Perry has done not done anything entertaining for me since Street Talk. That's MY opinion. If you don't like, don't read my posts. I won't miss you at all.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:49 pm

atthistime wrote:My heavens, Bama! Won't it be wonderful when the next Journey DVD comes out with more of "The Steve Perry Years?" We'll get to view some of the live concerts that we missed way back then. I'll bet it sells faster and better than the first. Should be around Christmas time, right?

Ah, so you haven't seen the MTV Concert? What kinda Perry fan are you?

Like I said, why should I give a damn what you think?
Monker
MP3

Re: HUH...

Postby Monker » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:51 pm

Bamamutt wrote:He's just spouting...Jealous of the talient...

IMO, the only talent Perry had was his voice...and that has failed him repeatedly for almost 20yrs now.
Monker
MP3

Postby atthistime » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:24 am

You're obsessing again Monker, not to mention being repetitive. Your grief over Perrys not living up to your expectations is duly noted and maybe some tears are shed for the disappointment you must indure. I'll add mine. Sob, sniffle, boo hoo. :cry:
atthistime
Ol' 78

Postby Abitaman » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:28 am

I started this post asking about The Storm and Two Fires :P But now it's a Perry war :cry: Just like most of the post on the Journey pages :( :x
Is it always this way? :?: May have to hang out at the STYX page more :) Be cool guys 8) -ERIC
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Postby Bamamutt » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:46 am

Abitaman wrote:I started this post asking about The Storm and Two Fires :P But now it's a Perry war :cry: Just like most of the post on the Journey pages :( :x
Is it always this way? :?: May have to hang out at the STYX page more :) Be cool guys 8) -ERIC

Sorry about that Eric...The fans of Journey (Classic and current) are just vocal and passionant... :wink: ...
Yes this started out as a thread about "The Storm"...Have their first 2 CDs...Loved seeing them in concert when they toured with Brian Adams...Who's their lead guitarist now that Josh Ramos is with Hardline (or at least he was the last I had heard.)?
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

Postby Abitaman » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:20 am

I understand, I'm a huge Journey fan myself, and still am with Steve A. on board.
As for the Storm/Two Fires and concerts out their any one want s to trade copies of?
A note also. Back in the early 90's when I saw the Storm open for Adams, right before the concert in Memphis TN, one of the roadies was climbing up the ladder to get to the lights that were in front of the stage, but over the audience, he slipped about 3/4 of the way and fell to his death. Hit a member of the audience, killed the roadie, but minor injuires to the person on the audience. Don't know what made me think of that, but the concert went on, and both bands did not know of this until after the concert.-ERIC
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Return to Journey