Hardline- Why are they all but forgotten?

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Hardline- Why are they all but forgotten?

Postby Metal Ed » Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:17 pm

Hardline was(and is) a brilliant Melodic HR band. Check out their newest cd" II". I know they now have no Journey connection, but they did, and new or old, they rock.

Metal Ed
Metal Ed
Radio Waves

Postby Bamamutt » Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:31 pm

Hardline is a great band...

http://www.hardlinerocks.com/

I love the Double Eclipse CD....Played the hell of out the 2 cassettes that I bought before getting a CD player... :)

Heard a classic Burnette (the Gioeli brothers former band.) song and loved it... :)
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

Re: Hardline- Why are they all but forgotten?

Postby Monker » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:59 pm

Metal Ed wrote:Hardline was(and is) a brilliant Melodic HR band. Check out their newest cd" II". I know they now have no Journey connection, but they did, and new or old, they rock.

Metal Ed

I disagree. Neal seemed so out of place in Hardline it seemed almost silly. In the end, it seemed like a short career move between the disaster that Bad English became and whatever he could think of to do next, which became Journey.

If Hardline had come out in the mid-80's, they could have been big. As it was, they came out at the end of 'glam', 'hair' bands...and that is basicaly what they were. They really didn't stand much of a chance. I do wish they had opened for Damn Yankees though...that would have been an awesome tour.

In the end, I thought that Neal had some GREAT hard rock guitar work in the band, and he did an AWESOME job of producing the album. But, in the end, they just seemed a bit 'immature' for somebody who had been around as long as Neal...and I really didn't like the G brother's.
Monker
MP3

Postby Abitaman » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:40 pm

I thought the first cd was ok, but the second one was better. Seemed more focus on music and less on showmanship-ERIC
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Postby Bamamutt » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:29 pm

Abitaman wrote:I thought the first cd was ok, but the second one was better. Seemed more focus on music and less on showmanship-ERIC

Question, did their 2nd CD have former guitar player for "The Storm" on it? His name is Josh Ramos...
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

Postby Abitaman » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:58 pm

Yes Josh took neals place on the second cd.-ERIC
Abitaman
Stereo LP

Location: NO LONGER in West TN, now in East TN's beautiful Smokey Mountains

Return to Journey