Another Missed Year for Journey!

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby yak » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:47 pm

by what power?

:roll: By the power that he never shows up for anything.

And according to the Perry quote YOU brought to this board and started a thread with.... :roll:

Sounded to me like he has no intention of ever showing up for anything.
:lol:
Last edited by yak on Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:22 pm

Rock'ndeano wrote:Journey was nominated once - and I doubt they will ever be again.

Feel like making a wager on that? There is NO WAY they will never make it. It will happen. I just wonder if the committee says, "Hmm, if we induct these guys, will they a) show up, and b) who will show up?![/quote]

They'll never make it because it's a popularity contest with the critics. Has Journey EVER won a popularity contest with their critics? Their last best chance of rising to the top of their class with with TBF. That chance died...and along with it died the opportunity of being recognized as anything other then another Foreigner, Styx, REO, etc. Those are Journey's contemporaries...but Journey is not seen as some special case among them..Because of that Journey will never be a member of the RnR HoF.
Monker
MP3

Postby Rockindeano » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:39 am

They'll never make it because it's a popularity contest with the critics. Has Journey EVER won a popularity contest with their critics? Their last best chance of rising to the top of their class with with TBF. That chance died...and along with it died the opportunity of being recognized as anything other then another Foreigner, Styx, REO, etc. Those are Journey's contemporaries...but Journey is not seen as some special case among them..Because of that Journey will never be a member of the RnR HoF.
[/quote]

The "people have the power" kind of like the song Liberty, however, there is a possibility that so many sigs can influence the HOF committee.

Also, I wonder if "other artists" such as U2, Bruce, and ZZTop could possibly influence the committee?
Rockindeano
Forever Deano

Previous

Return to Journey