Will Journey get into the HOF?

No, because they let Perry go.
44%
Yes, all in good time.
56%

Total votes : 25

Hello, Distant Voice?

Postby atthistime » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:19 am

My apologies to the board and to you for my personal attack. It was way out of line.................@ :oops:
Last edited by atthistime on Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
atthistime
Ol' 78

Postby Argus » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:03 pm

:wink:
Argus
8 Track

Re: Hello, Distant Voice?

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:12 pm

Your point was well taken ATT! Someone should take their "games" and HOSTILITY elsewhere methinks!
Last edited by perryfaithful on Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby atthistime » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:45 pm

I know that we all have mixed feelings about the HOF thing. I know that many would rather it not happen if it went down like the WOF thing. I collect antiques and will always pass over anything flawed or not genuine.

Journey has a big crack in it so I'll pass. You also never modify an antique or it's value is lost.

Just my opinion.
Last edited by atthistime on Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
atthistime
Ol' 78

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:59 pm

atthistime wrote:Just trying to kill two birds with one stone, PF. Pigeons, that is.

The poll popped up and I couldn't think of a poll for my main topic so.........

Pass the popcorn, Ace.

I know that we all have mixed feelings about the HOF thing. I know that many would rather it not happen if it went down like the WOF thing. I collect antiques and will always pass over anything flawed or not genuine.

Journey has a big crack in it so I'll pass. You also never modify an antique or it's value is lost.

Just my opinion.

GOT IT! I'm passing too.......but sadly
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby atthistime » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:09 am

You got it! Those guys had it all and were not mature enough to keep it safe. I would have climbed the highest mountain or did whatever it took to wait it out and work with Perry, regardless, come hell or high water. They never really respected what they had, imo. :x
atthistime
Ol' 78

Hilarious!

Postby Marabelle » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:09 am

Isn't there a better way to spend your time instead of lying in wait for someone to answer your call or your post?
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Liz22562 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:48 am

Whose waiting?
Liz22562
8 Track

Postby ClassicJrnyPlease » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:09 am

Hey Att! You collect antiques? Since when? :wink:
ClassicJrnyPlease
Radio Waves

Postby Bamamutt » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:08 am

atthistime wrote:You got it! Those guys had it all and were not mature enough to keep it safe. I would have climbed the highest mountain or did whatever it took to wait it out and work with Perry, regardless, come hell or high water. They never really respected what they had, imo. :x

While I don't agree with the title of this thread for feeling that you are aiming at a particular poster, I do agree with you on your quote as stated above...I felt that if true love of the band by the members had been present then they'd done all they could of and more to preserve the greatness that they had...
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

Postby Monker » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:56 am

Journey will never get into the HOF because:

The reputation Journey solidified by releasing ROR - A pop band who wrote songs for no other reason then for popularity and the charts.

The 10yr hiatus and a rock communitity who, as a whole, hardly missed them, moved on without them, and then mocked them.

A reunion album and tour that sank like the Titanic. It was anticipated like the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over". But, Journey did not even get a fraction of that recognition.

They are remembered today in no higher position then Styx, REO or Foreigner. The classic lineup NEVER rose above their contemporaries in a fashion that is remarkable enough that those who vote can not ignore.

Not even the 'classic' lineup has 'earned' their way into the HOF...It has NOTHING to do with the current lineup, cracked stones, or titanium hips. It has to do with an unremarkable history, an unremarkable reunion, and an unremarkable pressent.
Monker
MP3

Postby atthistime » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:55 pm

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE! :wink: :wink: :wink:
atthistime
Ol' 78

Postby perryfaithful » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:01 pm

Monker wrote:Journey will never get into the HOF because:

The reputation Journey solidified by releasing ROR - A pop band who wrote songs for no other reason then for popularity and the charts.

The 10yr hiatus and a rock communitity who, as a whole, hardly missed them, moved on without them, and then mocked them.

A reunion album and tour that sank like the Titanic. It was anticipated like the Eagles "Hell Freezes Over". But, Journey did not even get a fraction of that recognition.

They are remembered today in no higher position then Styx, REO or Foreigner. The classic lineup NEVER rose above their contemporaries in a fashion that is remarkable enough that those who vote can not ignore.

Not even the 'classic' lineup has 'earned' their way into the HOF...It has NOTHING to do with the current lineup, cracked stones, or titanium hips. It has to do with an unremarkable history, an unremarkable reunion, and an unremarkable pressent.

Good topic! A new thread should be started. Can I move this Monker??
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby jrnyjetster » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:02 pm

atthistime wrote:You got it! Those guys had it all and were not mature enough to keep it safe. I would have climbed the highest mountain or did whatever it took to wait it out and work with Perry, regardless, come hell or high water. They never really respected what they had, imo. :x

Will ya quit you're crying...please!! :roll: Why the frigg are you even here? You have obviously written Journey off! And for cripe sakes, Steve Perry isn't in Journey because Steve Perry doesn't want to be in Journey, period! When will you people ever come to terms with that? Steve Perry has, I'm sure! He's happy kicking back and collecting the residuals.
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Postby atthistime » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:31 am

Than why are you agonized as to why Perry dosen't answer some question for you, as stated in your recent topic, jrnyjetster?
atthistime
Ol' 78

Postby mystichealer » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:01 am

Monker wrote:Journey will never get into the HOF because:

I agree with 'Monker's thought's here.

MH
mystichealer
Ol' 78

Postby atthistime » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:07 am

What I want to know is, why anyone would have spent so much time and effort and become so embittered if this band was so unremarkable. The only part I agree to from monkers post is that Journey will never get into the HOF and only because they let Perry go. They crossed the rubicon.
atthistime
Ol' 78

Postby perryfaithful » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:58 am

atthistime wrote:They crossed the rubicon.

:D
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby LAWoman » Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:50 pm

atthistime wrote:What I want to know is, why anyone would have spent so much time and effort and become so embittered if this band was so unremarkable. The only part I agree to from monkers post is that Journey will never get into the HOF and only because they let Perry go. They crossed the rubicon.

The HOF could care less if Perry is in Journey or not. The HOF probably doesn't even know that Perry is not in the band. That's not exactly one of their criteria for picking people to induct into the HOF--the band doesn't even have to be together. Go check out their website and the list of people/bands who are in it: http://www.rockhall.com/hof/allinductees.asp Many, many of the bands listed are not together and some of the bands/people inducted aren't even alive.

Journey, the original jam band, probably has a better chance of getting into the HOF than Journey with Perry.
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby perryfaithful » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:13 pm

[quote="LAWoman"] The HOF probably doesn't even know that Perry is not in the band.

:shock: What kind of dead beats are running this operation????
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby atthistime » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:31 am

Nawwwwwwwww! If they were even to be considered they would more than likely be nominated as "Journey, The Steve Perry Years." :P
atthistime
Ol' 78

Return to Journey