"With A Tear In Her Eye"

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

"With A Tear In Her Eye"

Postby Bamamutt » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:10 am

A friend of mine told me about this song..Steve Perry sings vocal and it's great...Said that it starts out with Steve talking into the microphone and saying.."Give it to me...Make the Stones get scared."..Anyone know anything more about this song like when it was done and where to find it?
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

Postby Tornado_Jackson » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:48 am

Yes, you can get the version without vocals on the Journey Time3 box set.

As for the rare demo version w/ Perry singing, you can only acquire that illicitly off the internet. In fact, I have a copy. You could probably find it very easily on Kazaa, Soulseek, Morpheus etc.
Oh wait.
That would be against your moral compass.

Sorry. You're screwed.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tornado_Jackson

Postby Bamamutt » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:27 pm

Tornado_Jackson wrote:Yes, you can get the version without vocals on the Journey Time3 box set.

As for the rare demo version w/ Perry singing, you can only acquire that illicitly off the internet. In fact, I have a copy. You could probably find it very easily on Kazaa, Soulseek, Morpheus etc.
Oh wait.
That would be against your moral compass.

Sorry. You're screwed.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks TJ..LOL...I just wanted info..
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

Re: "With A Tear In Her Eye"

Postby Monker » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:20 pm

Bamamutt wrote:A friend of mine told me about this song..Steve Perry sings vocal and it's great...Said that it starts out with Steve talking into the microphone and saying.."Give it to me...Make the Stones get scared."..Anyone know anything more about this song like when it was done and where to find it?

It's not that 'great'. It's just a 'writing session'. He's just making up things as he goes along...and mumbling a LOT. A couple lines are repeated over and over like "I don't need no one" and "With a tear in her eye she is cryin. With a love that's not to be denied, yeah." Actualy, I think those are about the only lyrics to the song. It's obviously not even CLOSE to being a complete song.

I also do NOT think he's talking about Mick Jagger's band. At that time, 1985, a half written mid-tempo song by Journey could hardly make the Stones scared. I think he's just talking about (Neal) playing it LOUD.
Monker
MP3

Return to Journey