hey andrew question about the journey houston dvd

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

hey andrew question about the journey houston dvd

Postby artinis1 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:55 pm

from nick,
hey andrew, there has not been much news on the houston escape concert dvd, is this still going to come out and will it have anything extra on it, any info is appreciated, i am really looking forward to this and hope it will be out before the end of the year
artinis1
45 RPM

Re: hey andrew question about the journey houston dvd

Postby arden » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:01 pm

artinis1 wrote:from nick,
hey andrew, there has not been much news on the houston escape concert dvd, is this still going to come out and will it have anything extra on it, any info is appreciated, i am really looking forward to this and hope it will be out before the end of the year

From johnkalodner.com There is also a crawl running across the top of his website about it.

(updated Tuesday, May 4th, 2004)

Q: Wonder if you might provide us Journey fans with an update on the Houston 1981 Escape Show DVD update, and any other Journey projects you are working on. Thanks for your time and keep up the great website!

JDK: Steve Perry has asked me to work on the concert with him this Summer, for release at Christmas. The concert audio will be mixed in 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound. We will look for additional footage to add to the original concert video edit.
arden
Radio Waves

Postby Andrew » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:16 am

It's due out Mid-November...stay tuned for an update!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby jrnyjetster » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:39 pm

:idea: I'm actually MORE looking forward to the EXTRAS than the actual concert footage..although the fact that it's remixed in 5.1 surround sound will be an amazing difference!
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Note

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:49 pm

The only thing that makes it worth buying is that it is in 5.1
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Re: Note

Postby Monker » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:03 am

Eric wrote:The only thing that makes it worth buying is that it is in 5.1

Yep...and, IMO, having seeing it SO MANY TIMES ALREADY, I don't think that's enough of a reason for me to buy it.
Monker
MP3

Postby PROPERRY » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:25 am

I'm GREATLY looking forward to buying this DVD, and the reason being is because it is The Steve Perry Years.

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track

Postby Monker » Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:39 pm

PROPERRY wrote:I'm GREATLY looking forward to buying this DVD, and the reason being is because it is The Steve Perry Years.

Lori

Well, I'm sure you are. I'm sure many others are too. But, I'm not.

I think my $20 is better spent on the Chalfant CD/DVD's, or the new Star Wars DVD set, or the collector's edition of "Return of the King", or a weeks worth of gas, or a slice of mud pie.

There are a lot of things I could spend $20 on besides a DVD of a concert that I have on video which I haven't watched in more then five years. It's redundant, old news, and simply irrelevant to me.
Monker
MP3

Postby Bamamutt » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:31 pm

Monker wrote:
PROPERRY wrote:I'm GREATLY looking forward to buying this DVD, and the reason being is because it is The Steve Perry Years.

Lori

Well, I'm sure you are. I'm sure many others are too. But, I'm not.

There are a lot of things I could spend $20 on besides a DVD of a concert that I have on video which I haven't watched in more then five years. It's redundant, old news, and simply irrelevant to me.

That's fine but there are those of us that are looking forward to this DVD because of the memories, the great tunes, and to have something to watch time and again since the video tapes are probably in bad shape by this point in time...(At least the video tape I have is..LOL) :wink:
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

Postby Journeynut » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:40 pm

My tapes are worn out. To have this on DVD is essential. I am looking forward to it.
Anyway, what was I saying.........
Journeynut
Ol' 78

Postby LAWoman » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:19 am

I hope it sounds better than that DVD from last year. The sound quality was not good at all on that one.
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby mystichealer » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:26 am

jrnyjetster wrote::idea: I'm actually MORE looking forward to the EXTRAS than the actual concert footage..although the fact that it's remixed in 5.1 surround sound will be an amazing difference!

Is there any news as to what these 'Extra's actually are??

MH
mystichealer
Ol' 78

Postby artinis1 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:59 pm

hey andrew, the suspense is killing me, if this is going to come out on november 16th, wouldn't there be some more info on it by now, i would really love to have the tracklisting, i am hoping for a few extra songs that did not make the mtv broadcast, but nevertheless, this concert is journey at their peak and to have it on dvd is awesome, any info is appreciated, and thanks for all the news
artinis1
45 RPM

Postby Paul_UK » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:35 pm

Instead of recycling old footage I'd rather see a DVD release made on their last tour.
Paul_UK
45 RPM

Postby mystichealer » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:11 am

Paul_UK wrote:Instead of recycling old footage I'd rather see a DVD release made on their last tour.

That would be good, but we already have a live dvd by the current incarnation, we don't by the classic line up.

Personally i would prefer a ROR tour myself. I would pay a lot of money for one of those.
Apparently there is talk of maybe putting one out in the future sometime. I very much hope that it does happen.

MH
mystichealer
Ol' 78

Postby artinis1 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:18 pm

from nick,
hey andrew, november is right around the corner and i can't find the houston live dvd for pre- sale anywhere yet, do you have any more info,
please let us know, thanks
artinis1
45 RPM

Postby Andrew » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:34 pm

My initial post said "tentative" date....and at this point I have to agree, it should be out there as pre-sales. So expect a delay - maybe December?
Andrew
Administrator

Postby mystichealer » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:45 pm

Andrew wrote:My initial post said "tentative" date....and at this point I have to agree, it should be out there as pre-sales. So expect a delay - maybe December?

Andrew...Thanks for that..

MH
mystichealer
Ol' 78

Postby Distant Voice » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:45 pm

Andrew wrote:My initial post said "tentative" date....and at this point I have to agree, it should be out there as pre-sales. So expect a delay - maybe December?

say like Dec 13th?...
Distant Voice
Ol' 78

Postby Playitloudforme » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:46 am

12/13 is unlikely, as all releases happen on Tuesdays.

It's not to say, however, that it won't be 12/14...

Bottom line is..we'll find out in due time. And, there's a multitude of things that can postpone any release. When JDK has a date, he'll publish it.
Playitloudforme
Cassette Tape

Postby artinis1 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:20 am

from nick,
over on the backtalk forum, they have reported that this dvd is offcially not going to be released, buy they have given no reason and this is supposed to be according to journey's management, andew can you find out what is going on, i was really looking forward to this release and know it would outsetll the greatest hits dvd, any info is appreciated
artinis1
45 RPM

Postby sngrchk04 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:16 am

Perhaps the reason for the change of date is because Steve Perry is singing a song on David Pack's new CD, to be released in early 2005?

www.peak-records.com

....that could be "eating up" the time....
http://www.noradalby.freewebspace.com

~* "11th House" - 04.11.06 *~
sngrchk04
45 RPM

Postby LAWoman » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:26 am

sngrchk04 wrote:Perhaps the reason for the change of date is because Steve Perry is singing a song on David Pack's new CD, to be released in early 2005?

www.peak-records.com

Isn't this the same collaboration we have been hearing about for quite a while now that was delayed--or is this thing with Pack something different?
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby Bamamutt » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:40 pm

LAWoman wrote:
sngrchk04 wrote:Perhaps the reason for the change of date is because Steve Perry is singing a song on David Pack's new CD, to be released in early 2005?

www.peak-records.com

Isn't this the same collaboration we have been hearing about for quite a while now that was delayed--or is this thing with Pack something different?

I think the issue with the Pack CD was not due to the artist but rather label...I could be wrong..
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

Postby LAWoman » Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:12 am

Bamamutt wrote:
LAWoman wrote:

www.peak-records.com

I think the issue with the Pack CD was not due to the artist but rather label...I could be wrong..

That is what I remembered too, that Pack lost his deal with the label, but I don't see anything about it on Pack's site. I thought it was in the Q&A section so I was thinking maybe I was confused with some other artist--or is Pack the only one recently who has been talking about a collaboration with Perry? I can't recall.
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby Bamamutt » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:23 pm

LAWoman wrote:
Bamamutt wrote:
LAWoman wrote:

www.peak-records.com

That is what I remembered too, that Pack lost his deal with the label, but I don't see anything about it on Pack's site. I thought it was in the Q&A section so I was thinking maybe I was confused with some other artist--or is Pack the only one recently who has been talking about a collaboration with Perry? I can't recall.

Pack signed with Peak records and this is what they have on their site www.peakrecords.com at the moment regaurding Pack and reference to Steve Perry..

[quote] David Pack, of Ambrosia fame, has signed with Peak Records and is due to have a new album released in early 2005. Some guest artists include Steve Perry of Journey, Anne Wilson of Heart, David Benoit, Russ Freeman, Dewey Bunnell of America, and Timothy Schmidt from the Eagles...
[end quote]
Bamamutt
Ol' 78

Postby LAWoman » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:44 pm

Bamamutt wrote:
LAWoman wrote:
Bamamutt wrote:
LAWoman wrote:

www.peak-records.com

Pack signed with Peak records and this is what they have on their site www.peakrecords.com at the moment regaurding Pack and reference to Steve Perry..

David Pack, of Ambrosia fame, has signed with Peak Records and is due to have a new album released in early 2005. Some guest artists include Steve Perry of Journey, Anne Wilson of Heart, David Benoit, Russ Freeman, Dewey Bunnell of America, and Timothy Schmidt from the Eagles...
[end quote]

Yes, I know that is what is happening now. Doesn't anyone remember the story about Perry collaborating with someone over a year ago? I thought that was with Pack and something got screwed up with the record deal Pack had so it was never released.
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby yak » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:10 am

LAWoman wrote:Yes, I know that is what is happening now. Doesn't anyone remember the story about Perry collaborating with someone over a year ago? I thought that was with Pack and something got screwed up with the record deal Pack had so it was never released.

That's right. This very album was being touted that long ago.

Why is it whenever Perry has something to do with a project, it never materializes?
:shock:
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Monker » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:09 am

yakov wrote:
LAWoman wrote:Yes, I know that is what is happening now. Doesn't anyone remember the story about Perry collaborating with someone over a year ago? I thought that was with Pack and something got screwed up with the record deal Pack had so it was never released.

That's right. This very album was being touted that long ago.

Why is it whenever Perry has something to do with a project, it never materializes?
:shock:

Because, according to JDK, he isn't motivated and there is nothing that can be done to motivate him.
Monker
MP3

Postby Liz22562 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:31 am

I went to John Kalodners website to get the info regarding the Journey Houston DVD.

I couldn't find anything that stated Steve Perry wasn't motivated to work on the DVD. The only thing I found was a statement from Mr. Kalodner himself that said, "Steve Perry and I haven't even started working on it yet, so there will not be any release of this DVD until at least 2005."

Monker am I not looking far enough into the Q&A section?

Thanks....
Liz22562
8 Track

Next

Return to Journey