hey andrew question about the journey houston dvd

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby LAWoman » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:33 am

PROPERRY wrote:
The_Noble_Cause wrote:
PROPERRY wrote:For someone who is new here & just joined, you sure do put a lot of words in my mouth that I did NOT say at all.

For one, I never said that there was "no quote, never used the word malarky, or even told Monker to "put up or shut up". :lol:

Those are ALL YOUR WORDS, not mine, so make sure before you start spouting off, you should at least get your facts straight about what I ACTUALLY said here.
Lori

I’m sorry. You’re right.
You in no way expressed any form of obstinate unwillingness to believe the existence of the Kalodner quote or in any ways challenged Monker to verify its existence. That was all spin on my part.
What you really said was....

PROPERRY wrote:“I still don't see an actual quote here”

PROPERRY wrote:“even If JDK said something like that, I think YOU are taking something out of context, and TRYING to put a spin on it to make it sound derogatory towards Steve Perry.”

PROPERRY wrote:"Yes Monker, tell us WHERE that quote is about Perry & JDK???”

Nope.
You clearly didn't doubt Monker or challenge him to verify the existence of that quote in any way at all. Again, I sincerely apologise.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well The Noble Cause, I'm glad to hear that YOU ADMIT that the "spin was on your part". It was also very nice of you to apologize to me for it too. :lol: :lol:

I suggest in the future YOU take the time to READ ALL the messages carefully, BEFORE responding, so you don't get confused & will understand the WHOLE CONTEXT of what was ACTUALLY said here.

Lori

I could be mistaken, but rolling eyes tend to go with sarcasm, don't they? And isn't Noble Cause quoting you saying exactly what you were denying saying? This is like the twilight zone in here.
LAWoman
45 RPM

Postby yak » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:29 pm

I could be mistaken, but rolling eyes tend to go with sarcasm, don't they? And isn't Noble Cause quoting you saying exactly what you were denying saying? This is like the twilight zone in here.

You are correct, but "THEY" won't say it that way.

A new poster arrives, then apologizes, and still they go into attack mode, in an attempt to hijack the thread.

Is Rod Serling in here somewhere?

He has the aura of a star still even wearing regular clothes, because Steve Perry is a star as a singer, as a songwriter, as a personality.

:roll: (I think I'm going to be sick.) :roll: He's not up on some pedestal, for pete's sake.
He's a 55 year old man who no longer wants fans or a solo career.

I'm glad the boys are in the studio writing new music. Can't wait to hear it.
:D
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby atthistime » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:48 am

I wish them their usual goodluck. I hope that their new album is even half as successful as arrival or red 13. :wink:
atthistime
Ol' 78

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:23 am

atthistime wrote:I wish them their usual goodluck. I hope that their new album is even half as successful as arrival or red 13. :wink:

To recap....

If the current lineup doesn't work on any new songs of their own, the Perryfans misnomer the band as being talentless & riding solely off of Perry's coat-tails.
If they DO write new music they are belittled as being irrelevant & taunted that their albums won't sell anything w/out Perry's master touch.

So what is it?

What exactly do you Perryzealots want the band to do?

To move away from Perry's shadow and continually try to come into their own w/ the occasional new release? or do you want them to continually sing the classic hits, to "rip off" Perry (as you all like to claim) and not even attempt at doing any Augeri originals?

Seems to me that if you all had your way, you'd like nothing more than to see the upcoming REO/STYX/Journey cruise ship make a wrong turn, head directly into the bermuda triangle and dissapear right off the face of the earth.

Try as you may, there is just no placating some people.
You just want this band to cease to exist.
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:30 am

What exactly do you Perryzealots want the band to do?

How does "CHANGE THE NAME" work for you?
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:47 am

Well I am in no way a Perry Zealot..nor a Journey Zealot. I just like the music of both Steve and Journey. I really dislike being labelled. And it does sound derogatory.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby atthistime » Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:54 am

Journey is just too stale anymore. They need new blood. First and foremost a new guitarist, and someone with fresh songwriting talents and more lively keyboards. Deen, Augeri and Ross could hone their talents with some new talent to inspire them instead of holding them back. It would be hard to label them Journey but it wouldn't be much differant from what their attempting now. :)
atthistime
Ol' 78

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:27 am

atthistime wrote: It would be hard to label them Journey but it wouldn't be much differant from what their attempting now. :)

So you don't like the current lineup?
Here's an idea. Don't listen. Stop caring.
Follow a band you do enjoy and let the current Journey fans alone.
Why the need to interject hatred?
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

Postby atthistime » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:11 am

NC......This is a Journey board and Andrew has identified it as past and present. If you do not care for opinions discussed in the neg. then Back Talk is always available. If by any chanch some opinion bothers you, you have the right to scroll on by.
atthistime
Ol' 78

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:44 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Why the need to interject hatred?

Funny.....I saw an honest opinion expressed by a fan disappointed in the way things have gone...a critique... BUT HATRED? I didn't get that at all! I do feel some hostility however, but it isn't from Athistime, it would be coming from you Mr. Noble. BTW, I think your slip is showing TJ!
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape

Postby mystichealer » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:05 am

perryfaithful wrote:

Funny.....I saw an honest opinion expressed by a fan disappointed in the way things have gone...a critique... BUT HATRED? I didn't get that at all! I do feel some hostility however, but it isn't from Athistime, it would be coming from you Mr. Noble. BTW, I think your slip is showing TJ!

You know something 'PF' i think you have hit the nail on the head with the 'NC'. I have been thinking the same thing about this person.

'Monker'...Your brother in arms is back!!! But then again, you already knew that. Right??

MH
mystichealer
Ol' 78

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:07 am

perryfaithful wrote:

This sounds like an honest opinion to you?
This sounds like a founded nuanced critique?.....

atthistime wrote: First and foremost a new guitarist, and someone with fresh songwriting talents and more lively keyboards. Deen, Augeri and Ross could hone their talents with some new talent to inspire them instead of holding them back. It would be hard to label them Journey but it wouldn't be much differant from what their attempting now.

That every single member in the band needs to be replaced?
THAT'S an honest opinion from a fan?

You know very well what you are doing.....

You miss Steve Perry, don't like the current lineup and resent ANYONE who derives enjoyment out of the Perry-less incarnation of the group.
So you childishly set out to give them a hard time.
Time to grow up, Ladies.
You've had more than enough time to get over your indignation. If you don't like the new lineup, then move on. If you wanna talk about Perry and his noteworthy contributions, then please, do that.
Stop baselessly knocking the current guys and then claiming it as honest opinion. (saying Arrival scares away crows from your bird feeder is NOT an earnest heartfelt critique from an destressed fan. Sorry.)
You never present honest criticisms, you chime in and attempt to subvert every Pro-Augeri or new lineup thread into circular Perry vs. Augeri online pissing matches. Grow up!
The_Noble_Cause
Super Audio CD

HAH

Postby Eric » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:22 am

Yeah...lets replace the co-founder of Journey because we are mad that Perry decided to retire...

HOOOOOOH
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP

Postby atthistime » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:51 am

Well, they couldn't replace Ross! What would Journey be without Ross? At least the band has a sense of humor where he's concerned.

You rock, Ross! :wink:
atthistime
Ol' 78

Postby Andrew » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:58 am

I'm fucking bored with the constant bickering between old fans brining down those that chose to continue to support the band.

Give it a rest all of ya, please?

I respect your rights to be eternally pissed at a band for continuing to operate without your idol at the helm, but FACE FACTS - THEY ARE.

Steve Perry is one of the GREATEST vocalists to EVER grace God's earth, but look at the facts - he does not record very often or tour anymore at all.

That's his choice and I'll be very excited the day we get to hear any new music from him.

But for now, I still love Neal's playing, still love Augeri as a singer (having been a fan before he was in Journey) and still think the band has every right to continue on as they are - as MANY other bands are doing.

So - let's respect Perry and his choices - what a legend - and let's respect the present form of Journey - thanks guys for continuing on....
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Monker » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:13 pm

mystichealer wrote:'Monker'...Your brother in arms is back!!! But then again, you already knew that. Right??

MH

You people assume so much.

I don't believe for one moment that he's TJ. He's probably the UK'er who posted on BT a while back saying it was a joke that Journey was ranked so high in a "100 Top rock bands in history"....and was pounced on for not giving proper Journey idolisms.

But, what do I know...I'm just Brendelfly.
Monker
MP3

Postby Monker » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:21 pm

atthistime wrote:Well, they couldn't replace Ross! What would Journey be without Ross? At least the band has a sense of humor where he's concerned.

You rock, Ross! :wink:

You are absolutely correct.

Steve Perry was a fool for thinking he could replace the awesome rythm section of Journey with machines during the writing process and studio musicians for recording. A HUGE mistake...which even he seems to admit.
Monker
MP3

Postby Marabelle » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:59 pm

Oh my gosh, Andrew...I thought you said "idiot" instead of "idol". My bad!
LOL! Now that was my mistake. I'll admit that!
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby yak » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:05 am

Steve Perry was a fool for thinking he could replace the awesome rythm section of Journey with machines during the writing process and studio musicians for recording. A HUGE mistake...which even he seems to admit.

Perry is a fool, period!

:D Bring on the new Journey music!! :D
yak
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:33 am

That's ENOUGH yakov.

No more throwing mud.
Andrew
Administrator

Previous

Return to Journey