To Go or Not to GO? That is the Question..

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby Monker » Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:38 am

First of all Monker, I'm certain that Perry KNOWS exactly how he feels, and has his own personal reasons, but just CHOOSES NOT to say it publicly, that does not mean he can't explain it.


If Perry does understand his 'feelings' he is unable to state them and explain why he decides time and time again to ignore Journey fans. As I said HE doesn't understand his own reasoning (not his FEELINGS).

Some may not understand this completely, but NOT every famous person feels obligated to (and NOR should they) have to"explain and justify" to the fans about every action they do OR don't do. That it is right.


And, not every fan has to stand by someone who continuosly ignores them, "snubs" them but expects them to be there for any release of their new "art". Just ask any Perry fan who now has an expressed hatred of Neal and/or the current band.

I'm sure there are many of fans, who feel as I do that Perry has NOT EVER let them down in any way by not attending some events. Over the years, HE HAS GIVEN THE BEST GIFT OF ALL TO THE FANS, THE GIFT OF SPECTACULAR MUSIC THAT WILL LAST FOREVER!!!


YOU are missing the point. The last two 'events' were organized by JOURNEY FANS...not some business or community committee or something. These include fans of the band as it is today, fans as it was in the past, and Perry fans. IMO, there is a difference between snubbing the Herbie roast (which included almost EVERY other past member of Journey) and snubbing an event organized by FANS to pay tribute to the band.

Also Perry has already proven that he cares about the fans through periodically reaching out to the fans through his radio interviews, the Fan Asylum interviews, and let's not forget that HE & JDk are the ONES taking the time to work on these classic DVD's that WE FANS HAVE BEEN REQUESTING FOR A VERY LONG TIME. I know I'm very appreciative of that!!!


That is absolutely ridiculous. So what...he promotes something by doing interviews...he promotes his part in Monster, he promotes his part in the new DVD's. He has even told Uncle Joe that he doesn't do interviews unless there is something new (a product) to talk about. Perry fans have to go OUT OF THEIR WAY for Perry to recognize them, like buying birthday ads in newspapers or making charity donations in his name. If Journey acted in THIS EXACT SAME WAY - you hypocrits would be saying the EXACT same thing about them. In fact, *I* would be.

By the way, I realize you & maybe a few others may not want these DVD's, but there is a VERY HIGH DEMAND for these classic DVD's. Didn't the last DVD with Steve Perry go platinum or higher in sales???


There is not THAT many. It's higher demand then *I* thought...but it's still not THAT high of demand. And, OF COURSE the Houston Escape show will sell - MANY people have seen it a dozen or more times and will want it. It's a no brainer to release. It should have been released a decade ago.

[quote]
And Monker, "Perry Has NEVER left his fans", and his fans will NEVER leave him!!! Steve Perry will always have OUR support, no matter what!!!
{/quote]

Please don't quote something in a way that makes it look like I said it - when what I said was not even close. I said it was about Perry leaving JOURNEY fans - fans of the new AND the old. That is exactly what he has done. He is only there when he wants to line a new suite with gold pockets.

The only Perry fanatics that are left are those who would never leave. His fan base has ABSOLUTELY eroded away. To deny that is to deny reality. Are some left? Sure...but not nearly what you seem to want to believe.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10406
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Postby atthistime » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:28 am

Again, hogwash!

Perry only snubs the band members and the fans that discredit and trash him. Why should he give some of you, and you know who you are, the time of day, let alone, honor you with his appearence.

No matter where he goes or what he does, he still gets the respect he deserves and gains more fans every day, without even trying.
atthistime
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:55 am

Postby yak » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:13 am

atthistime wrote:Perry only snubs the band members and the fans that discredit and trash him. Why should he give some of you, and you know who you are, the time of day, let alone, honor you with his appearence.


:x no, here's a fact. Perry snubbed radio interviews when he was on tour. He simply never showed up. The radio guys had a field day with it. Then another time he lied about his age. Tried to be 35 when he was 40. This time he is snubbing his Journey fans, and has nothing but a whiny baby excuse.

I thought respect was something you earned.
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

Postby atthistime » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:19 am

"Why should he give some of you, and you know who you are" etc,etc........

You're a good example, yak!
atthistime
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:55 am

Postby perryfaithful » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:25 am

yakov wrote:
atthistime wrote:Perry only snubs the band members and the fans that discredit and trash him. Why should he give some of you, and you know who you are, the time of day, let alone, honor you with his appearence.


:x no, here's a fact. Perry snubbed radio interviews when he was on tour. He simply never showed up. The radio guys had a field day with it. Then another time he lied about his age. Tried to be 35 when he was 40. This time he is snubbing his Journey fans, and has nothing but a whiny baby excuse.

I thought respect was something you earned.


We should believe your babbling?? I don't accept POSITIVE Perry stories without some type of written proof...why should I entertain yours??
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby PROPERRY » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:59 am

Monker wrote:
First of all Monker, I'm certain that Perry KNOWS exactly how he feels, and has his own personal reasons, but just CHOOSES NOT to say it publicly, that does not mean he can't explain it.


If Perry does understand his 'feelings' he is unable to state them and explain why he decides time and time again to ignore Journey fans. As I said HE doesn't understand his own reasoning (not his FEELINGS).

Some may not understand this completely, but NOT every famous person feels obligated to (and NOR should they) have to"explain and justify" to the fans about every action they do OR don't do. That it is right.


And, not every fan has to stand by someone who continuosly ignores them, "snubs" them but expects them to be there for any release of their new "art". Just ask any Perry fan who now has an expressed hatred of Neal and/or the current band.

I'm sure there are many of fans, who feel as I do that Perry has NOT EVER let them down in any way by not attending some events. Over the years, HE HAS GIVEN THE BEST GIFT OF ALL TO THE FANS, THE GIFT OF SPECTACULAR MUSIC THAT WILL LAST FOREVER!!!


YOU are missing the point. The last two 'events' were organized by JOURNEY FANS...not some business or community committee or something. These include fans of the band as it is today, fans as it was in the past, and Perry fans. IMO, there is a difference between snubbing the Herbie roast (which included almost EVERY other past member of Journey) and snubbing an event organized by FANS to pay tribute to the band.

Also Perry has already proven that he cares about the fans through periodically reaching out to the fans through his radio interviews, the Fan Asylum interviews, and let's not forget that HE & JDk are the ONES taking the time to work on these classic DVD's that WE FANS HAVE BEEN REQUESTING FOR A VERY LONG TIME. I know I'm very appreciative of that!!!


That is absolutely ridiculous. So what...he promotes something by doing interviews...he promotes his part in Monster, he promotes his part in the new DVD's. He has even told Uncle Joe that he doesn't do interviews unless there is something new (a product) to talk about. Perry fans have to go OUT OF THEIR WAY for Perry to recognize them, like buying birthday ads in newspapers or making charity donations in his name. If Journey acted in THIS EXACT SAME WAY - you hypocrits would be saying the EXACT same thing about them. In fact, *I* would be.

By the way, I realize you & maybe a few others may not want these DVD's, but there is a VERY HIGH DEMAND for these classic DVD's. Didn't the last DVD with Steve Perry go platinum or higher in sales???


There is not THAT many. It's higher demand then *I* thought...but it's still not THAT high of demand. And, OF COURSE the Houston Escape show will sell - MANY people have seen it a dozen or more times and will want it. It's a no brainer to release. It should have been released a decade ago.

And Monker, "Perry Has NEVER left his fans", and his fans will NEVER leave him!!! Steve Perry will always have OUR support, no matter what!!!
{/quote]

Please don't quote something in a way that makes it look like I said it - when what I said was not even close. I said it was about Perry leaving JOURNEY fans - fans of the new AND the old. That is exactly what he has done. He is only there when he wants to line a new suite with gold pockets.

The only Perry fanatics that are left are those who would never leave. His fan base has ABSOLUTELY eroded away. To deny that is to deny reality. Are some left? Sure...but not nearly what you seem to want to believe.






I would definitely have to agree with atthistime on your post being full of hogwash! This should not be this difficult to understand, but Perry is not OBLIGATED to have to state his reasons. It is HIS CHOICE as to what information he wants to share with the fans.

I didn't say that "every fan has to stand by Perry". That is an individual choice that each fan makes for themselves, so please don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say at all. I bet though that there are many fans LIKE ME, who will continue to stand by him & support him.

And your so called point about Perry snubbing the fans is rediculous! I certainly don't feel snubbed by Perry at all. I think Perry has been very gracious to the fans considering that he seems to be doing other things with his life now. He certainly does NOT have to do the radio interviews, or the Fan Aslylum interviews, or take the time out of his life to make these classic DVD's for the fans. These actions demonstrate to me that he cares for the fans!!!

Also I seriously doubt that "Perry EXPECTS his fans to be there for any new release", as you said. The fact is that THE FANS WANT & CHOOSE TO BE THERE TO GET ANY NEW RELEASE PERRY HAS TO OFFER!!!! And Yes, this next classic DVD is in high demand!!!

It must be real frustrating to "those who don't support Perry" that after all these years that Steve Perry has NOT been with Journey, he still continues to keep the support of a "very high fan base" without having to do much of anything.

Just look at the facts, Steve Perry continues to be a VERY HOT TOPIC on this board and other boards as well.

When interviews are done on the current Journey members, Steve Perry is ALWAYS mentioned and becomes a part of the interview, without him even being there.

And Monker, even when Neal did interviews he couldn't help himself either, he had to talk about Steve Perry too. :o :lol:

Another fact that Perry is in high demand, the moment fans hear that Perry is going to sing with another singer, such as David Pack the fans start searching information, as to when the CD is going to be available to buy simply because Steve Perry is on it.

Still another fact that Perry is still in high demand, (even Neal admitted publicly) that the fans come to HEAR the classic music at the concerts.

Most importantly of all, when this band REPLACED Perry with the current singer, Steve Augeri, didn't the band members say they went looking for a singer that THEY THOUGHT sounded similar to Steve Perry???

Obviously Jon & Neal felt they had to do everything they could to TRY to keep the "Steve Perry sound for the fans", so they would NOT loose fans, but they lost fans because it was NOT Steve Perry singing.


You say Monker that, "His fan base has eroded away and to deny is to deny reality".

I don't believe Perry's fan base has eroded in anyway, if anything it has grown. As for my reality, I'll stick with the real voice, the real sound, Steve Perry!!!! :D
PROPERRY
8 Track
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:40 am

Postby Tornado_Jackson » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:22 pm

PROPERRY wrote:

And your so called point about Perry snubbing the fans is rediculous! I certainly don't feel snubbed by Perry at all. I think Perry has been very gracious to the fans considering that he seems to be doing other things with his life now. He certainly does NOT have to do the radio interviews, or the Fan Aslylum interviews, or take the time out of his life to make these classic DVD's for the fans. These actions demonstrate to me that he cares for the fans!!!


Yep, all of these endeavors are clearly in no way, shape, or form fiscally motivated in the slightest. :roll:
Lord help me.
Can you believe these people? :shock:
What planet are they from?
What a bunch of poor naive myopic little girls.
Sad, really. :(


As far as the dvds are concerned, Neal has called Perry a bunch of times through the years for him to help release some old concert footage only to get no response.
Where was the oh so benevolent, unconditionally fan-loving Mister Perry back then?
I ask again, where was the unconditional fan loving Perry when he flat out declined adding any new vocals to the Time3 box set as an extra incentive for the fans?
Where was the oh so grateful and forever fan-indebted Mister Perry when he refused to promote TBF in any sort of manner upon the album's release?
He was MIA, that's where he was.
And that's where's he's been since 1986 and that's where he seemingly intends to stay until he dies.
Tornado_Jackson
 

Postby atthistime » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:53 pm

Yawn
atthistime
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:55 am

Postby yak » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:27 pm

LAWoman wrote:
I would hazard to say I have been a Perry fan just as long as any of you, and to me his actions are snubbing me and are particularly rude to the people who have worked so hard to get Journey these honors. Just my opinion, of course. And then there is the issue that he has no problem publicly attending functions for a movie. But most of all I feel sorry for Perry.



Ditto. Perry doesn't care about his fans; actions speak louder than any words that he could mutter. He knows it is for the fans and chooses not to go anyway.

He would rather lend Journey's music to a disturbing lesbian film, then to "sell out" with a commercial. Patty Jensen made him do it, all that leg rubbing made it happen. When it comes to solo recording, he runs and hides.

He goes where he pleases, and never acknowledges any fans. He takes them for granted. He is a 55 year old baby who never married. Maybe that's his problem.

He can take his smelly Portuguese farts and fall off the planet for all I care.
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

Postby Journeynut » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:00 pm

It has nothing to do with "snubbing" fans.
It has everything to do with the fact that the band
and Perry do not speak. There is no relationship.
They cannot stand together even for a moment.In the past
he has chosen to avoid the conflict. That is not
setting out to disappoint fans on purpose.
Anyway, what was I saying.........
User avatar
Journeynut
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:53 am

Postby atthistime » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:01 am

Is being allowed to post smut getting you all excited, yakow? Is this what your name implies? :roll: :roll:
atthistime
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:55 am

HUH?

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:37 am

atthistime:

Nobody even knows who Steve Perry is. He went away a long time ago, and 99.99% of the folks either forgot about him or never even heard of him. He has toured 1 time in the last 18 years - he is retired. I don't get what the obsession is with him?
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3421
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2002 12:51 am

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:58 am

atthistime wrote: Is this what your name implies? :roll: :roll:


.....and it rhymes with
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby PROPERRY » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:51 am

Journeynut wrote:It has nothing to do with "snubbing" fans.
It has everything to do with the fact that the band
and Perry do not speak. There is no relationship.
They cannot stand together even for a moment.In the past
he has chosen to avoid the conflict. That is not
setting out to disappoint fans on purpose.






Exactly Journeynut!

These so called fans who do nothing but BASH him, then say he is supposed to show up to honor them are behaving very arrogant. I believe THE FANS HERE "who speak so badly of Steve Perry" sure do DESERVE to be snubbed by him!!!

I can't imagine ANY CELEBRITY wanting to give the time of day to ANY fan who would say these kind of "terrible things" about them.

It's real clear that these "particular fans" have NO INTEREST in celebrating with Perry for his contribution in the history of Journey, they just want to discredit him & bash him!!! I think that is very sad! :cry:

Lori
PROPERRY
8 Track
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:40 am

Postby atthistime » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:03 am

Yeah, PF. The green color is heavy breathing :lol: :lol:
atthistime
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:55 am

Postby Monker » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:05 am

Perry only snubs the band members and the fans that discredit and trash him. Why should he give some of you, and you know who you are, the time of day, let alone, honor you with his appearence.


And, you are a hypocrit for saying the above in defense of Perry out of one side of your mouth while the other side attacks Neal for doing THE EXACT SAME THING.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10406
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Postby atthistime » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:07 am

Eric! I'll add your post to the hogwash section. :arrow:
atthistime
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:55 am

Postby atthistime » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:18 am

It's all one in the same, monker. Analyze that! :wink:
atthistime
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:55 am

Postby Monker » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:51 am

This should not be this difficult to understand, but Perry is not OBLIGATED to have to state his reasons. It is HIS CHOICE as to what information he wants to share with the fans.


Of course it is. It's HIS choice to ignore Journey fans time and time again. Nobody is forcing him to. But, as he makes those choices between his own selfishness and giving of himself to the fans he is making a choice between being selfish and being unselfish...he chooses being selfish EVERY time.

I didn't say that "every fan has to stand by Perry". That is an individual choice that each fan makes for themselves, so please don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say at all.


Please don't make false accusations that I said you said something that you didn't.

I said, "And, not every fan has to stand by someone who continuosly ignores them, "snubs" them but expects them to be there for any release of their new "art". Just ask any Perry fan who now has an expressed hatred of Neal and/or the current band."

If you have comments on the above statement - make them. But, don't lie about what I said.


I bet though that there are many fans LIKE ME, who will continue to stand by him & support him.


If you define 'many' as a couple hundred 'fans' on the internet, then you are right. If you define "many" as enough fans to make a Perry album platinum or a single a top 40 hit - I think you are dead wrong.

And your so called point about Perry snubbing the fans is rediculous!


I said he is snubbing JOURNEY fans - not just HIS fans. Perry is not getting a star on the walk of fame, JOURNEY is. It is NOT Perry fans alone who are organizing these events - JOURNEY fans are, and some of them happen to be Perry fans too.


I certainly don't feel snubbed by Perry at all.


Of course not...for some people, Perry can do no wrong. But, it's hard to do any wrong when you hardly do anything at all, I guess.


He certainly does NOT have to do the radio interviews


Neither does Journey while they are on tour. But, if they talked to radio as little as Perry, I bet you hypocrits would say they are ignoring their fans.

or the Fan Aslylum interviews


Which he only does about once a year. Usualy all it is is a way to acknowledge his birthday.

or take the time out of his life to make these classic DVD's for the fans.


Yeah, sure he takes all kinds of time to allow Kalodner to release them and Perry to sign off on them since he owns a good portion of the Journey name. That takes all kinds of time.

These actions demonstrate to me that he cares for the fans!!!


These 'actions' are not unselfish. These 'actions' all revolve around PERRY - his birthday, new releases, and promotion. NONE of them are selfless acts towards fans. When the fans make selfless acts toward Journey, and Perry as a past member, he should be able to suck up his pride and acknowledge them right back. It's pathetic that he can't.

Also I seriously doubt that "Perry EXPECTS his fans to be there for any new release", as you said.


Of course he does. If nobody buys the new DVD, he won't make any more. "i Stand Alone" went NOWHERE - has he recorded any more singles? His tour fell apart - has he toured any more?

And Yes, this next classic DVD is in high demand!!!


You have absolutely no proof of that...and how do you define 'high demand'?

It must be real frustrating to "those who don't support Perry" that after all these years that Steve Perry has NOT been with Journey, he still continues to keep the support of a "very high fan base" without having to do much of anything.


His fan base is 'high'? That explains some things.

His fan base is NOT that large. If it were, "I Stand Alone" would have been a hit single, "Greatest hits + 5" would have been a decent seller, and he could tour. The fact is that he has some over-zealous fans on the internet...but, the numbers are NOT as large as they want to believe.

Just look at the facts, Steve Perry continues to be a VERY HOT TOPIC on this board and other boards as well.


Of course...because a handful of the same Perry fans MAKE Perry a topic on every Journey forum they can. Big deal...only takes a half dozen or so people to disrupt every Journey forum on the internet. I could do the same thing to ever Perry forum all by myself if I really wanted to.

[quoet]
When interviews are done on the current Journey members, Steve Perry is ALWAYS mentioned and becomes a part of the interview, without him even being there.
[/quote]

Of course...He screwed up the band following ROR and did it again after TBF. So, people ask about the controversy and how he got the boot. It's not like they are reflecting back on Perry in a consistent positive way.

And Monker, even when Neal did interviews he couldn't help himself either, he had to talk about Steve Perry too.
{/quote]

See above.

Another fact that Perry is in high demand, the moment fans hear that Perry is going to sing with another singer, such as David Pack the fans start searching information, as to when the CD is going to be available to buy simply because Steve Perry is on it.


Yeah, the same couple hundred or so Perry fans that I have mentioned above. If it were any significant number, the David Pack CD will sell platinum. It won't because your numbers are insignficant.

Still another fact that Perry is still in high demand, (even Neal admitted publicly) that the fans come to HEAR the classic music at the concerts.


What? Maybe that means that Neal is in high demand since he is the ONLY Journey member to be on EVERY song Journey has ever recorded.

Most importantly of all, when this band REPLACED Perry with the current singer, Steve Augeri, didn't the band members say they went looking for a singer that THEY THOUGHT sounded similar to Steve Perry???


No. They said they wanted somebody who could cover the old material and do it justice...not that he sounded like Perry. If they wanted somebody who sounded like Perry, they would have went with Hugo, who Neal even said in an interview on this very site sounded and looked so much like Perry that it was scarey.

[Obviously Jon & Neal felt they had to do everything they could to TRY to keep the "Steve Perry sound for the fans", so they would NOT loose fans, but they lost fans because it was NOT Steve Perry singing.


Nope, you are just wrong. First of all, they wanted to keep the JOURNEY sound that fans are accustomed to - not the "Perry" sound. Second, they said FROM THE BEGINNING that they would lose some fans by the very fact that Perry is no longer there.

I don't believe Perry's fan base has eroded in anyway,


Then you are not facing reality. "I Stand Alone" bombed. "GH + 5" bombed. When you compare those albums and singles to FTLOSM, you know his fans have eroded. He knows it too.
Monker
MP3
 
Posts: 10406
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:40 pm

Prove

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:04 am

Atthistime:

Go do a little polling and find out yourself. :roll:
Eric
Eric
Stereo LP
 
Posts: 3421
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2002 12:51 am

Postby atthistime » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:48 am

Okay Eric! I'm at the library. I'll do a little polling..................

Nope! Everyone here states that "The Steve Perry Years" are all that really matters.

If you want me to go door to door, you'll have to pay me.
atthistime
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:55 am

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:02 am

atthistime wrote:If you want me to go door to door, you'll have to pay me.


LMAO :lol:
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby yak » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:17 am

atthistime wrote:Is being allowed to post smut getting you all excited, yakow?




I only posted what was all over the net, which makes Perry the smut carrier. I am not to blame because the guy has strange persuasions. Or maybe you are angry that you didn't get to use the chubby leg.
:roll:
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

Postby mnmsjrny » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:30 am

Monker wrote:
And your so called point about Perry snubbing the fans is rediculous!


I said he is snubbing JOURNEY fans - not just HIS fans. Perry is not getting a star on the walk of fame, JOURNEY is. It is NOT Perry fans alone who are organizing these events - JOURNEY fans are, and some of them happen to be Perry fans too.


Actually, we ALL are. As one of the people who has been organizing Journey Past & Present the past several years, I can tell you dealing with Mr. Perry has not been a picnic. We are all HUGE fans of his voice, but are underwhelmed otherwise.

We've been quite disappointed by his lack of participation, but not surprised in the least. We knew before we even asked him to attend the Bammies Walk of Fame ceremonies last year that the odds of him actually showing up were slim which was why, unlike EVERY OTHER member of Journey (current line up included), we had Dennis Erokan of the Bammies contact his representatives rather than us contact them ourselves. (Everyone else, we had direct contact.) When he said no, we wern't surprised.

Now, if he changes his mind and shows up for Hollywood, we'll be thrilled (and will quite probably fall over in a dead faint from the shock) but we don't expect him.
mnmsjrny
45 RPM
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat May 03, 2003 5:58 am
Location: SF Bay Area

Postby perryfaithful » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:39 am

.....and who is "officially" contacting Mr. Perry for this event, Michelle??
User avatar
perryfaithful
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 am

Postby LAWoman » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:57 pm

Journeynut wrote:It has nothing to do with "snubbing" fans.
It has everything to do with the fact that the band
and Perry do not speak. There is no relationship.
They cannot stand together even for a moment.In the past
he has chosen to avoid the conflict. That is not
setting out to disappoint fans on purpose.


That's your version--who knows what Perry's real reasons are. But in my opinion, he should just get over himself for the 5 minutes the ceremony would take whatever his reasons are. That would be standing up for the fans, not standing next to the Journey boys. He isn't 12 is he? I know I've dealt with people I could do without ever speaking to, but you just do what you have to do--at least that is what adults do. If anything, not doing something because of someone else just gives the other person power over you.
LAWoman
45 RPM
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:07 pm

Postby jrnyjetster » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:50 pm

mnmsjrny wrote:Now, if he changes his mind and shows up for Hollywood, we'll be thrilled (and will quite probably fall over in a dead faint from the shock) but we don't expect him.


:lol: hehehe! Too funny, Michelle! Ain't that the truth though....I can just picture it now.....:P ;)
User avatar
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:17 am
Location: Florida, USA

Postby Journeynut » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:33 am

LAWoman wrote:
Journeynut wrote:It has nothing to do with "snubbing" fans.
It has everything to do with the fact that the band
and Perry do not speak. There is no relationship.
They cannot stand together even for a moment.In the past
he has chosen to avoid the conflict. That is not
setting out to disappoint fans on purpose.


That's your version--who knows what Perry's real reasons are. But in my opinion, he should just get over himself for the 5 minutes the ceremony would take whatever his reasons are. That would be standing up for the fans, not standing next to the Journey boys. He isn't 12 is he? I know I've dealt with people I could do without ever speaking to, but you just do what you have to do--at least that is what adults do. If anything, not doing something because of someone else just gives the other person power over you.


I do not think it has anything to do with him "getting over himself" or "standing up for the fans" This honor is for them not for the fans, even though we take pride in it. He would rather not take part in a public display that honors them as a band, a solid unit, since they are not able to even hold a civil conversation. I think that is honorable.

As a fan, I do not want to see a fake putting on appearances. I have seen video of that memorial concert where neal and jon and steve obviously estranged, the audience also was estranged. It is painful to watch. I would not take any pleasure in watching it at a wof ceremony.

I think SP is damned if he comes, and damned if he doesn't. Under the guise of "fans" people say stuff but they really are tired today's band journey being in perrys shadow, and they instead make him the scapegoat.
Anyway, what was I saying.........
User avatar
Journeynut
Ol' 78
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:53 am

Postby Marabelle » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:45 am

I'm glad we are giving such insightful comments regarding the reason "why" there is the lack of involvement or participation by SP in a particular event with such a myriad of thoughtfulful commentary. Psycho babble is truly an art which one should dabble in only if acquainted with the vicissitudes of a person's psyche and spirit. Subjective negative mongering will be gratitously ignored; a person who has been quite successful in maintaining the integrity of a personal life albeit in the public's telescopic radar should be met with some applaud instead of this constant flow of anger and dissolution. You are discouraged and dissapointment only if you expect something in return. We encourage him to be powerful by shunning his critics yet we swarm him with our own disparaging commenatry and we ourselves become the critic. MHO. Do the heck what he wants if he wants; it doesn't matter frankly what you want; the decision rest with him; that's what is powerful about being who we are; able to make our own decisions without the influence of other parties. We all express our gratitude to our admirers in our own way. I just think people like voicing their opinons. ..cause it doesn't effect his decision one way or the....
User avatar
Marabelle
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:29 pm

Postby yak » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:23 am

LAWoman wrote:He isn't 12 is he? I know I've dealt with people I could do without ever speaking to, but you just do what you have to do--at least that is what adults do. If anything, not doing something because of someone else just gives the other person power over you.


No he isn't 12, but he acts like he is. It's clear that he goes where he wants, when he wants. To hell with the fans unless he needs them for something (like buying somebody's second rate album because he's whistling on it).

You are an adult, LAWoman, that is why you recognize you have to deal with all kinds of people.

Perry doesn't get it. Or only cares about himself. He has the distinct luxury of collecting money while sitting on his fat ass.

The question to be addressed should be Why doesn't he do a SOLO project :?: :?: :?:
What's he so afraid of :?: Those are the questions that need to be answered.
User avatar
yak
Cassette Tape
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 am

PreviousNext

Return to Journey

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest