Why All The Hatred towards Steve Perry Here?

Voted Worlds #1 Most Loonatic Fanbase

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Postby Marabelle » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:26 pm

I don't have rose colored Perryvision. Everyone makes mistakes; I'm sure he made them; and I'm sure people were unhappy with choices he has made. I do not know nor do I want to know what either party has done to cause this rift which has drifted over to their fans. It is none of my business. Life goes on and it's too short to be stuck in the 80s; what happened then or in the 90s or even last year is old news. I'm not a negativistic person and I wish all parties the best. So, please don't paint me in the corner. I'm not narrow minded or jaundiced yet by all this
back and forth argumentative comments, debates, and name calling. I like the music and all these attacks on individuals and their music and their voice and the size of the crowd or the venus is not going to diminish my pleasure when I listen to their music.
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby Marabelle » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:30 pm

and he could be the biggest jerk in the entire world or the nicest guy you ever want to meet...and Neal could be the most arogant guy you ever met or the most compassionate man this side of the Mississippi; it doesn't matter to me...truly...my tunnel vision or my blinders have pretty much allowed me to just listen to the music and not get stuck in this 8 year old argument.

But Here I am. You know you guys are being darn good!

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Marabelle
Cassette Tape

Postby PROPERRY » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:41 am

Monker wrote:
Bamamutt wrote:An agenda?...What agenda?

Wasn't the question why are some on this board seem to enjoy bashing Steve Perry and what has he personally done to them? Why are these people so bitter?

To submit my response to this question, I feel that some are just a tad jealous because no matter what the current line up is doing, Steve Perry always seems to outshine them...

And, Andrew replied wanting to explain why these forums go around and around the same 8yr OLD topics that will never be resolved.

The answer is because Perry fans have an agenda to keep propping up Perry by making Journey out to be evil. The response is that people argue the points that Perry is evil. Who wins? Nobody.

It's the same thing that happened here before. It's the same thing that happened at VH1. It's the same thing that happened on the 'old' Backtalk. It's the same thing that still happens once in a while at the 'new' Backtalk. It's the same thing that happens sometimes on the mailing list. It happens on the newsgroup.

It is what Perry fans have been doing for eight years - ignore EVERYTHING that Perry did to deserve to be FIRED, and just whine that he QUIT and allowed Journey to continue on.

Wow, amazing, Perry allowed Journey to continue on without him, and they did...and still are. THAT is where the argument still begins with you people.

Here you go again Monker, always "trashing Steve Perry", and then you make the rediculous accusation that we Perry fans are, "propping up Perry by making Journey out to look evil."

Lori

A
PROPERRY
8 Track

Previous

Return to Journey