Lou Talks New Music

Can't Slow Down

Moderator: Andrew

Lou Talks New Music

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:51 pm

Says he may release an EP. Also calls "Starrider" a "hippie song." Great interview.

http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/sho ... hp?id=1130
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Re: Lou Talks New Music

Postby Aaron » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:12 pm

Lou is one of the best rock singers ever. He has gotten consistently better over the past few years. Rock on Lou!
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:32 am

In recent interviews, Lou says he has eight songs in the can. Bring it on.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby tater1977 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:01 pm

Mitch Lafon ‏@mitchlafon ·

In my upcoming MICK JONES interview he talks candidly about FOREIGNER's plan to reunite the HEAD GAMES lineup for a 40th anniversary tour.
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby scarab » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:33 am

tater1977 wrote:Mitch Lafon ‏@mitchlafon ·

In my upcoming MICK JONES interview he talks candidly about FOREIGNER's plan to reunite the HEAD GAMES lineup for a 40th anniversary tour.

april fools?
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Aaron » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:39 pm

Nope, just announced on the main page on select dates. I hope we know where Lou will be singing because I will be there! Should be awesome.

Come on Lou, keep working those cords!
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:30 am

this is very cool.
I would definitely travel to see the classic lineup back, even for just a few songs.

If Gramm can do it, so can Perry.
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby scarab » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:33 am

https://twitter.com/GrammLou/status/818479895701520384

got me hopes up too soon. everyone BUT him was asked. :(
scarab
Cassette Tape

Postby tater1977 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:41 pm

scarab wrote:https://twitter.com/GrammLou/status/818479895701520384

got me hopes up too soon. everyone BUT him was asked. :(

lg1.JPG
lg1.JPG (49.98 KiB) Viewed 646 times
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:19 pm

94.7 WCSX | Detroit's Classic Rock

We're getting ready for our big 30th anniversary concert with Foreigner, Cheap Trick and Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience -- it's also the 40th anniversary of Foreigner's first album release...and there are a TON of rumors running around about Lou Gramm appearing for a show or two...so WHY NOT here in Detroit at DTE? (Foreigner has played their 24 times...so they know we love 'em).

Check out the response from Mick Jones when we brought this idea up.

http://wcsx.com/2017/01/13/time-for-a-petition/

45.JPG
45.JPG (17.86 KiB) Viewed 585 times
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:24 pm

January 13, 2017

Mick Jones Talks New Memoir

http://wcsx.com/2017/01/13/mick-jones-talks-new-memoir/  

Foreigner founder Mick Jones will be entering the rock star memoir fray this year when his autobiography A Foreigner's Tale is published, most likely in the spring.

Jones tells us that he'll be writing about the entirety of his life -- including stints playing with French singer Johnny Hallyday and in the band Spooky Tooth -- in addition to his Foreigner tales:

http://wcsx.com/2017/01/13/mick-jones-talks-new-memoir/
2.JPG
2.JPG (11.56 KiB) Viewed 494 times

"It's a personal history of mine and the evolution of the band and my early years playing in a little band where I lived in England, and an insight into my time in France with Johnny Hallyday and a lot of kind of stories and a bunch of photos...I've seen a couple of things they've done. It's a really beautiful presentation. It's more like a coffee table book."

One thing it's not, Jones adds, is a sleazy tell-all:
http://wcsx.com/2017/01/13/mick-jones-talks-new-memoir/
2.JPG
2.JPG (11.56 KiB) Viewed 494 times

"It's not gonna be a sensational, sensationalist book. There might be a few tidbits here and there but nothing about penis size or anything like that."

Jones is also preparing a two-disc Foreigner compilation for release this year to coincide with the 40th anniversary of the group's first album.

Foreigner hits the road January 30 for North American dates, with a European tour beginning May 20 in Switzerland before returning for a summer tour with Cheap Trick and Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience that starts July 11 in Syracuse.

Original Foreigner members Lou Gramm, Ian McDonald and Al Greenwood will appear on select dates, while 4 album alumni Gramm, bassist Rick Wills and drummer Dennis Elliot will join Foreigner on February 24 in St. Augustine, Fla.
tater1977
Stereo LP

Return to Foreigner / Lou Gramm Band