Recent TV Appearances

Can't Slow Down

Moderator: Andrew

Recent TV Appearances

Postby Slander » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:29 am

I have seen Foreigner on both LOPEZ Tonight and Conan O'Brien's Tonight Show before it left the air. They played "Hot Blooded" each time. Why don't they play the new singles? Thoughts?
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby kellyhansenfan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:29 am

They did play In Pieces for the studio audience, it was just not shown on TV. It was also posted on the Lopez web site.
kellyhansenfan
Ol' 78

Postby Slander » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:31 am

kellyhansenfan wrote:They did play In Pieces for the studio audience, it was just not shown on TV. It was also posted on the Lopez web site.

I did not know that! thanks. I just would like them to play more current stuff. I think the album is that strong that they do need to rely on the past. Anyone else agree with me? thoughts?
"But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." Rocky Balboa
Slander
Stereo LP

Postby IngoK » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:20 pm

Slander wrote:
kellyhansenfan wrote:They did play In Pieces for the studio audience, it was just not shown on TV. It was also posted on the Lopez web site.

I did not know that! thanks. I just would like them to play more current stuff. I think the album is that strong that they do need to rely on the past. Anyone else agree with me? thoughts?

It's a recent problem. Most people want to hear the old stuff, the Hit-Singles, not new songs. When those Bands get the chance for a TV performance the have to play the old songs. In Europe we had Foreigner on "Wetten Dass", you call it in the US "Bet on it" (?) and the played a Medley of old Songs. Same happened in 2008 with Toto, same last month with Kiss (the played I was made for loving you together with Say Yeah from the new Album).

But with Foreigner's new Album I have to agree with you, for me it's perfect.
IngoK
LP

Return to Foreigner / Lou Gramm Band