Mick & Lou reuniting at Songwriters Hall of Fame

Can't Slow Down

Moderator: Andrew

Mick & Lou reuniting at Songwriters Hall of Fame

Postby Jad » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:58 am

From Ultimateclassicrock.com

Exclusive: Foreigner’s Mick Jones and Lou Gramm to Reunite on Stage
by Matt Wardlaw Yesterday

Foreigner stars Mick Jones and Lou Gramm will perform on stage together for the first time in over a decade at the Songwriters Hall of Fame awards ceremony in New York City on June 13.
In an exclusive interview, the guitarist, who has been leading a highly regarded new lineup of Foreigner since 2005, reveals that the pair will perform two songs — ‘Juke Box Hero’ and ‘I Want to Know What Love Is’ — together at the event. Apparently there wasn’t much debate in terms of song choices: “Lou suggested both of them.”

Jones goes on to explain that he’s “very much looking forward” to the event. “I’m so proud of what Lou and I achieved in those early years and throughout the time that we were together. I think it’s the first time that we’ve been recognized for our work and our writing, which was really the foundation of what we did together, as much as the performing.”

He’s particularly happy for the chance to celebrate with Gramm, who left the group because he and Jones “weren’t really communicating” back in 2003. “I think this band has always been a song-driven band and so that has its place for me and it’s very important and it’s going to be great to share that with Lou. It will help us to move along in our relationship, which has been fairly quiet in the last seven or eight years.”

For more information on the Songwriters Hall of Fame, and for ticket information about this event, visit the organization’s official website. We’ll have more from our interview with Jones in the coming days.
Jad
Fresh Air

Postby jrnyman28 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:58 am

This is cool news.
And I think this is how it should be. The two can recognize the fact that they do not have the same visions and cannot seem to work together longterm. But they can do a one-off when it's right.
I wish more bands could get to this point in their lives: I'm looking at you Steve Perry/Journey!!
jrnyman28
Compact Disc

Postby mrsromek » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:46 pm

I hope they do more than just this. Like call up the rest of the 4 lineup and go out and play the whole album, along with some other gems.
mrsromek
45 RPM

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Mick and Lou had writing chemistry. Just like Cain/Perry. They should continue building on that.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Postby tater1977 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:44 pm

REUNITED FOREIGNER MATES MICK JONES, LOU GRAMM HASH OUT HALL

http://youtu.be/STF2ZvZTTtQ
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Postby tater1977 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:37 am

FOREIGNER LOOKS PAST AEROSMITH SLIGHT AS BOTH HEAD TO SONGWRITERS

http://youtu.be/cpofkNaRIvw

Foreigner's Mick Jones and Lou Gramm are heading into the Songwriters Hall Of Fame this June with Aerosmith's Steven Tyler and Joe Perry, and they said that they've always gotten along fine, except for one incident that stuck in their craw for a while
Perry's good natured bonhomie & the world’s most charmin smile,knocked fans off their feet. Sportin a black tux,gigs came alive as he swished around the stage thrillin audiences w/ charisma that instantly burnt the oxygen right out of the venue.TR.com
tater1977
Stereo LP

Return to Foreigner / Lou Gramm Band