Anyone else disappointed...

Can't Slow Down

Moderator: Andrew

Anyone else disappointed...

Postby PianoMan1986 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:00 pm

Anyone else disappointed with the recent release of the live "4...best of" album? More specifically the question of, "Why didn't they perform the whole album and release it as a CD/DVD combo?" Plus, I thought they were planning to tour with an emphasis on this album -- is that still going to happen? I know in the ideal sense, it would be great if they cranked out another studio album, but after this much time I have a hard time seeing that happen, although i could be wrong.
PianoMan1986
LP

Re: Anyone else disappointed...

Postby hgwy407 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:49 am

Check out my review on Amazon. I feel the same way. This was a missed opportunity. How they didn't perform the entire record is beyond me. The song order on the disc is questionable at best and the fade out between tracks is a buzz kill. They really missed a great opportunity with this project. Heck, I'll take it a step further and suggest they should have not only done the entire "4" album but also a handful of other rarely performed deep cuts. Rev On The Red Line comes to mind.
hgwy407
Radio Waves

Postby bulldog » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:00 am

I am too. I really loved the first live cd they did with Kelly on vocals. The first Extended Versions cd was awesome. His pitch and excitement was all over the songs. The music sounds perfect but he seems mono on most of the cuts. Lou had that special delivery and vocal expression and power . The whole cd would have been awesome to hear live . They are a great live band and especially when your at the show seeing it performed . Would be cool to hear Lou in a live recorded setting with this line up. I wish more songs were played on this or perhaps a double live package.
bulldog
Ol' 78

Postby bulldog » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:19 am

Been listening to it quite a bit. They seel it at FYE stores for $6.99 . Money well spent. It sounds to me like the first extended versions cd. I just wish more songs were on it. Very good sound. The singing is ok but I love the music. Lou really had incredible range that Kelly doesn't have but he does good on the 4 songs that rarely get heard.
bulldog
Ol' 78

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:20 am

Saw it at FYE. Even at 6 bucks I couldn't justify adding it to my collection.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Return to Foreigner / Lou Gramm Band