Playlist: The Very Best of Foreigner

Can't Slow Down

Moderator: Andrew

Playlist: The Very Best of Foreigner

Postby The_Noble_Cause » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:24 pm

Saw this cd at a big box retail store for $5. The "Playlist: Best of series: is a greatest hits compilation series put out by Sony that features many artists (Steve Perry, Toto, MeatLoaf, Johnny Cash, etc etc). As I picked it up, I noticed that every Foreigner song was a recently recorded Kelly Hansen version. Does Mick Jones have this much clout in the music biz that he can effectively erase Lou Gramm's legacy? I think Kelly is a great, but this is the first "greatest hits" compilation I've seen that features 100% all re-records.
"I think we should all sue this women for depriving us of our God given right to go down with a clear mind, and good thoughts." - Stu, Consumate Pussy Eater
The_Noble_Cause
MP3

Re: Playlist: The Very Best of Foreigner

Postby tj » Thu May 19, 2016 8:48 am

The_Noble_Cause wrote:Saw this cd at a big box retail store for $5. The "Playlist: Best of series: is a greatest hits compilation series put out by Sony that features many artists (Steve Perry, Toto, MeatLoaf, Johnny Cash, etc etc). As I picked it up, I noticed that every Foreigner song was a recently recorded Kelly Hansen version. Does Mick Jones have this much clout in the music biz that he can effectively erase Lou Gramm's legacy? I think Kelly is a great, but this is the first "greatest hits" compilation I've seen that features 100% all re-records.

Does Sony own the original Foreigner catalog? If not, that might explain why they had to put out re-records instead of the originals.
tj
Cassette Tape

Return to Foreigner / Lou Gramm Band