Been on a bit of a Triumph binge...

Loverboy, Triumph, Coney Hatch, Kim Mitchell, Tom Cochrane, Glass Tiger...the list goes on...

Moderator: Andrew

Been on a bit of a Triumph binge...

Postby Pelata » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:09 am

I have been binging on the Triumph albums lately, especially Allied Forces, Sport Of Kings and Never Surrender...such a great, consistent band!!
Pelata
Cassette Tape

Re: Been on a bit of a Triumph binge...

Postby Andrew » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:40 pm

Love all things Triumph...just superb.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Pelata » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:13 am

Andrew wrote:Love all things Triumph...just superb.

Agreed.

I need to land a clean copy of 'Edge Of Excess'. I know Rik isn't on it, but it's still really good.
Pelata
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:58 am

Pelata wrote:I have been binging on the Triumph albums lately, especially Allied Forces, Sport Of Kings and Never Surrender...such a great, consistent band!!

The first Triumph album I ever heard...still my favorite :!:

Here's a great pic from the tour.

"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Postby Deb » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:42 am

Pelata wrote:I have been binging on the Triumph albums lately, especially Allied Forces, Sport Of Kings and Never Surrender...such a great, consistent band!!

They toured in Canada quite often back in the day. I saw them almost every time they played here. Probably the band I’ve seen the most times. I recall they had a Spectacular laser show along with.

IMO one of the best songs and performances from the US festival. https://youtu.be/CfFjU4gPIqQ?si=3zP6P9rogNciEeVc

Loved seeing them inducted here into the Canadian hall of fame……. https://youtu.be/0_0LY8kRDB4?si=_qZAvy9URMSTBPIY
Now Playing: Green Tinted Sixties Mind - Live. https://youtu.be/e9YPFXVNINU?si=zDfcdUBpoaDSatLG
Deb
MP3

Postby Pelata » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:32 am

I hate that I will never get to see them.
Pelata
Cassette Tape

Postby verslibre » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:17 am

Deb wrote:They toured in Canada quite often back in the day. I saw them almost every time they played here. Probably the band I’ve seen the most times. I recall they had a Spectacular laser show along with.

By the time I was getting into them, their status as a major band in the States seemed to be waning. I remember The Sport of Kings being released (don't remember any live dates near me), then Surveillance, and then learning Rik was out of the band.

Of course, I have Live at the US Festival, A Night of Triumph Live and the new Rock & Roll Machine Blu-ray. Triumph is one of my favorite bands, so I'm grateful for all the content we have since I'll never get to see them perform. (There's a TSoK show they played in Texas on YouTube.)

Rik's one of my favorite musicians and songwriters, period. I did get to talk to Mike many years ago for a half-hour and he's a really cool guy. Mike gets short shrift as a bassist, but I think he's a rock-solid groover like Joe Walsh's bud Rick "The Bass Player" Rosas and Survivor's Stephan Ellis. I love the bassline for "Stranger in a Strange Land."

On that note, "our" Triumph is Zebra, and they're recording songs right now for a long-awaited new album :!:
"Heer's ta swimmen wid bowlegged wimmen!"
verslibre
Compact Disc

Return to Canadian Rock Bands