Rumours, rumours...

Loverboy, Triumph, Coney Hatch, Kim Mitchell, Tom Cochrane, Glass Tiger...the list goes on...

Moderator: Andrew

Rumours, rumours...

Postby captexshreve » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:57 am

From 2112.net
# 2010 Tour - "on the road this summer"
The members of Rush have been alluding to a 2010 summer tour since late last year, but we have heard nothing official from the Rush camp, until now. We now have our first "official" news that a tour is actually going to happen, thanks to Neil's drum tech, Lorne Wheaton, who posted to his MySpace page on Wednesday "Off to YYZ for sessions.....on the road this summer." - Thanks to Izzyblue for the headsup!

8)
Napoleon v. Predator--'At last, a foe worthy of my sweet ninja skills!'
captexshreve
Ol' 78

Postby captexshreve » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:23 am

More...
Alex Lifeson: "Summer 2010 tour 45 dates; Spring 2011 release album, Summer 2011 tour 70 dates"
Today's Globe And Mail includes another fresh interview to promote Rush's induction into the Canadian Songwriter's Hall of Fame. In the interview, Alex Lifeson confirms:
"We've got these half-dozen songs, and we'll probably go in the studio and work on a couple of them and see how it goes, perhaps release something – and I say perhaps – and then we plan on being on the road in the middle of June. Ideally, we'd like to showcase a couple of these songs on the tour, come off tour in mid-October, go back in the studio and continue writing, then record through late this year and early next year, and then release the album in the spring of 2011 on a slightly more substantial tour. This [year's] tour will probably be about 45 dates. Most likely summer, 2011, would be more like 70." -Thanks to MaddieK and RushIsABand for the headsup!

Neil Peart "Rush-ing into Songwriters Hall"
And yet another interview was posted today in advance of the Canadian Songwriters Hall Of Fame induction, this one with Neil Peart posted to Jam!Music.

"Peart, who says he would have been an English high school teacher if he hadn’t become a rock drummer, is pleased at the Rush songs chosen for induction, particularly Subdivisions. 'It's a very unusual song construction lyrically and musically that we managed to make work,” he said. “It was written at a time when we weren’t working, so to speak. We were mixing a live album and we just started playing around and wrote a song for fun. Although it’s very serious in it’s musical structure, one of the most complicated actually that we’ve had in terms of arrangement drum part alone, it’s a really intricate drum part to play and consequently I still love playing it almost 30 years later and that’s a good testament.'"

He also goes on to discuss the next album...

"He says the band is about five songs into the record with co-producer Nick Raskulinecz, from 2007’s Snakes and Arrows, but won’t talk about the sound or how or when the tunes will be released or subsequent tour plans. 'I stopped in Toronto a couple of weeks back and went over to Geddy’s house and listened to what they’ve been working on from my lyrics and it’s very exciting, we’ve got probably five very good songs there...So we were saying, ‘Well, I kind of just want to keep working on this and finish the record.’ But on the other hand we were thinking, ‘Well, something we haven’t done since the ’80s is write new songs and go out and play them.’ It’s interesting to be so deeply involved in songwriting right now with this honour coming up. It kind of puts a fresh observation on it for me.'"
8)
Napoleon v. Predator--'At last, a foe worthy of my sweet ninja skills!'
captexshreve
Ol' 78

Return to Canadian Rock Bands