Rik Emmett (w/ Dave Dunlop): 4/17

Loverboy, Triumph, Coney Hatch, Kim Mitchell, Tom Cochrane, Glass Tiger...the list goes on...

Moderator: Andrew

Rik Emmett (w/ Dave Dunlop): 4/17

Postby mrsromek » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:28 am

I went and saw Rik along with Dave Dunlop last night. They performed as their group, the Srung Out Troubadors. The show really kicked some ass, musically, and Rik told some nice stories/tidbits between songs. Rik still has it vocally, and the duo guitar approach worked well (they were accompanied by a bassist on some songs). Some tunes off their latest CD, Push & Pull were performed, along with other gems from Rik & Dave. They managed to integrate some Triumph songs in the set, including Hold On, Fight the Good Fight, Lay it on the Line and Magic Power. There was a meet and greet in the lobby after the show too!
mrsromek
45 RPM

Re: Rik Emmett (w/ Dave Dunlop): 4/17

Postby hrams » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:22 am

mrsromek wrote:I went and saw Rik along with Dave Dunlop last night. They performed as their group, the Srung Out Troubadors. The show really kicked some ass, musically, and Rik told some nice stories/tidbits between songs. Rik still has it vocally, and the duo guitar approach worked well (they were accompanied by a bassist on some songs). Some tunes off their latest CD, Push & Pull were performed, along with other gems from Rik & Dave. They managed to integrate some Triumph songs in the set, including Hold On, Fight the Good Fight, Lay it on the Line and Magic Power. There was a meet and greet in the lobby after the show too!

Did Rik mention any Triumph news....? In the shows in 2008 he said Triumph would tour in 2009...( no tour bad economy) 2009 he has said maybe " the other guys, just sittin around mulling things. Mike Levine said on the radio earlier in the week.......that they were thinking about...( a tour that is) in summer of 2011.................
Maybe a new record ( excuse me a CD) and a summer 2011 tour...........!!!
hrams
Radio Waves

Return to Canadian Rock Bands