Clockwork Angels Track by Track Review

Loverboy, Triumph, Coney Hatch, Kim Mitchell, Tom Cochrane, Glass Tiger...the list goes on...

Moderator: Andrew

Clockwork Angels Track by Track Review

Postby JrnyScarab » Tue May 08, 2012 11:12 am

JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Liam » Wed May 09, 2012 3:57 am

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT TO HEAR THIS :D :D :D
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby JrnyScarab » Wed May 09, 2012 6:17 am

Liam wrote:I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT TO HEAR THIS :D :D :D

Me neither! Bring it on! :D :D
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Real rock fan » Wed May 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Really looking forward to the album 8)
Real rock fan
Ol' 78

Postby JrnyScarab » Thu May 10, 2012 5:34 am

Yet another great review. Lucky bastards.

http://music.thedigitalfix.com/content/ ... track.html

Man oh man. The excitement IS BUILDING. CAN'T FUCKING WAIT! Gotta procure this the second it comes out!
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Liam » Thu May 10, 2012 10:24 am

I need to get this early. DON'T THINK I WON'T TRY. :twisted:
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby JrnyScarab » Thu May 10, 2012 11:00 am

Liam wrote:I need to get this early. DON'T THINK I WON'T TRY. :twisted:

NO ILLEGAL DOWNLOADING. Suck it up and be patient. We already have 3 tunes to whet our appetite :lol: :lol:
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Postby MCM » Sat May 12, 2012 11:19 am

JrnyScarab wrote:

NO ILLEGAL DOWNLOADING. Suck it up and be patient. We already have 3 tunes to whet our appetite :lol: :lol:

But, if you do partake in the non-traditional method of obtaining music early... YOU MUST SHARE! :D

I think there is a a really tight lid on this release, I'm not sure if there will be advance copies available from "our friends on the internet"
Image[/URL] Image
MCM
45 RPM

Postby JrnyScarab » Sat May 12, 2012 1:34 pm

MCM wrote:
JrnyScarab wrote:

But, if you do partake in the non-traditional method of obtaining music early... YOU MUST SHARE! :D

I think there is a a really tight lid on this release, I'm not sure if there will be advance copies available from "our friends on the internet"

Downloading is OK as long as you support the band and buy the release if you like it. Personally, I know of no leaks yet :cry:
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Liam » Sat May 12, 2012 11:52 pm

Oh...even if I do get it early, I WILL buy the cd. Did the same thing for Snakes & Arrows, except I had that a month before release. lol
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby MCM » Sun May 13, 2012 1:12 pm

JrnyScarab wrote:
MCM wrote:
JrnyScarab wrote:

Downloading is OK as long as you support the band and buy the release if you like it. Personally, I know of no leaks yet :cry:

Oh, no fear of that, Rush is one band that I always will buy the physical cd, even if I buy it on iTunes before I can get to the store.

I've not even heard of any one hinting that they have it yet. Usually there is one mouthy troll saying they have it but won't share it for whatever reason, mainly because they don't have it. :twisted:
Image[/URL] Image
MCM
45 RPM

Postby JrnyScarab » Sun May 13, 2012 1:23 pm

MCM wrote:
JrnyScarab wrote:
MCM wrote:
JrnyScarab wrote:

Oh, no fear of that, Rush is one band that I always will buy the physical cd, even if I buy it on iTunes before I can get to the store.

I've done that with a few other CD's as well. Paid for it on Itunes AND bought the CD as well. Sometimes I just have to hear it as soon as I can, even if I can't get to the store right away to pick it up. :lol:
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Angiekay » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:39 pm

Got my fan pack today!! Looked though the book. Haven't had time to listen yet...that's on the agenda for tomorrow! WEEEEEEE!

Angiekay
Stereo LP

Postby JrnyScarab » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:04 am

Angiekay wrote:

Got my fan pack today!! Looked though the book. Haven't had time to listen yet...that's on the agenda for tomorrow! WEEEEEEE!

Tomorrow! What's wrong with you girl? :lol:
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Postby MCM » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:46 am

Angiekay wrote:

Mine came yesterday, the album packaging is great, the magazine is great and the poster is kind of fun, don't know what I'll ever do with it except put it on the shelf with the magazine. Classic Rock really did a good job with this one, the product is great, it was shipped on time and made it across the pond quickly. I was pleased it was shipped in cardboard so that it didn't get mangled on it's journey. Good stuff all the way around.

And, the album kicks ass!
Image[/URL] Image
MCM
45 RPM

Postby Angiekay » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:00 am

It's called having a life! I gots things goin on! :P My book got a little mangled at the bottom, kinda bummed about that, but yes, it's a very cool package!

Angiekay
Stereo LP

Postby JrnyScarab » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:43 am

Angiekay wrote:
It's called having a life! I gots things goin on! :P My book got a little mangled at the bottom, kinda bummed about that, but yes, it's a very cool package!

You must have a hot date to pass up on playing the new CD :lol:
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Liam » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:12 pm

I get my vinyl tomorrow....I'm PUMPED :D
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby JrnyScarab » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:07 am

Liam wrote:I get my vinyl tomorrow....I'm PUMPED :D

Just pray that it's not warped like the old days!
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Liam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:21 pm

Nope. It actually feels as solid as a 78.
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby JrnyScarab » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Liam wrote:Nope. It actually feels as solid as a 78.

Nice! Can't wait to pick up the CD tomorrow. Not gonna sleep good tonight. :lol:
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Liam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:29 pm

It's crazy...as you know, I got it early, and like S&A..the files were lacking something. I put the cd on with headphones, and get a completely different experience.
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby JrnyScarab » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Liam wrote:It's crazy...as you know, I got it early, and like S&A..the files were lacking something. I put the cd on with headphones, and get a completely different experience.

Yup. low bitrate rips suck. Nothing like pure high fidelity to cure that. Most kids have no idea what music is supposed to REALLY sound like due to the low bit rate files and crummy ear buds that come with portable players. No wonder CD sales are down. No emotional connection with not only the music, but the actual SOUND of music.

Can't wait to hear it in lossless format.
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Liam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:50 pm

I'm with ya there.

The only reason I wanted it early (like with S&A, and VT) was just to try to get used to the songs. With those, I could...with this album...didn't work. I'm not used to it, and every new listen brings something new. As it did with VT. Petter produced, but ya get what I mean. :lol:
Liam

Liam
MP3

Return to Canadian Rock Bands