Clockwork Angels Vinyl

Loverboy, Triumph, Coney Hatch, Kim Mitchell, Tom Cochrane, Glass Tiger...the list goes on...

Moderator: Andrew

Clockwork Angels Vinyl

Postby Liam » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:45 am

I didn't think this album could get better, but it did. The sound from the record is MASSIVE, with a HUGE bottom end on the bass. Screw digital. lol
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Re: Clockwork Angels Vinyl

Postby JrnyScarab » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:24 am

Liam wrote:I didn't think this album could get better, but it did. The sound from the record is MASSIVE, with a HUGE bottom end on the bass. Screw digital. lol

Do Neil's cymbals sound like trash can lids like on the CD or is it much less compressed sounding? :lol:
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Liam » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:09 am

Everything sounds amazing on it.
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby MCM » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:38 am

Liam wrote:Everything sounds amazing on it.

It sounds cleaner, less fuzzy or muffled?
Image[/URL] Image
MCM
45 RPM

Postby Liam » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:47 am

It sounds less sterile.
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby JrnyScarab » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:24 am

Liam wrote:Everything sounds amazing on it.

Where did that old turntable go? I know it's around here somewhere :lol:
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Liam » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:24 am

I'm just happy mine works after 30 years. :lol:
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby JrnyScarab » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:30 am

Liam wrote:I'm just happy mine works after 30 years. :lol:

I've got a Hafler power amp that's from the 70's that's built like a tank. Still works flawlessly and cranks out some serious sound! :D
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Postby Liam » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:33 am

NICE!! Still wish I had my record player from the 60's. KILLER sound. It died in the 90's...so it had staying power. I also miss my 8-track player. LOL
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby lowdbrent » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:49 pm

JrnyScarab wrote:

I've got a Hafler power amp that's from the 70's that's built like a tank. Still works flawlessly and cranks out some serious sound! :D

Hafler is good meat and potatoes gear. David Hafler was a good designer. They used to have indian ladies take those kits home and build it. They got paid for the amps that worked. Good business model. LOL

The new C.A. CD sounds terrible. It is over compressed. The drums do not pop. Rush needs to be mixed as if they were playing live. Any Rush album going experimental sucks sound wise. Vapor Trails is a good example. If I could return the CD I would.
lowdbrent
Ol' 78

Postby Liam » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:06 am

I can't wait until the bootlegs of this tour come in.
Liam

Liam
MP3

Postby JrnyScarab » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:24 am

lowdbrent wrote:
JrnyScarab wrote:

Hafler is good meat and potatoes gear. David Hafler was a good designer. They used to have indian ladies take those kits home and build it. They got paid for the amps that worked. Good business model. LOL

I bought it from a guy I worked with for $75. He bought a new Adcom amp. After a week with the Adcom he asked me if I wanted to sell the Hafler back to him :lol:
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Postby lowdbrent » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:07 am

JrnyScarab wrote:
lowdbrent wrote:
JrnyScarab wrote:

I bought it from a guy I worked with for $75. He bought a new Adcom amp. After a week with the Adcom he asked me if I wanted to sell the Hafler back to him :lol:

There are a couple of Adcom models worth owning, but they require a mod. Tell him to send his amp to Jim Williams at Audio Upgrades in LA. He knows how to make them into reference quality amps. I used to sell Hafler and always loved them.
lowdbrent
Ol' 78

Postby JrnyScarab » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:10 pm

lowdbrent wrote:
JrnyScarab wrote:
lowdbrent wrote:
JrnyScarab wrote:

There are a couple of Adcom models worth owning, but they require a mod. Tell him to send his amp to Jim Williams at Audio Upgrades in LA. He knows how to make them into reference quality amps. I used to sell Hafler and always loved them.

A Hafler salesman! Cool!
JrnyScarab
Cassette Tape

Return to Canadian Rock Bands