Page 1 of 1

Alex's cameo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:14 am
by Liam
This is taken from Power Window's FB page. Alex is a shitty border patrol guy. LOL

"Three years ago today, the Canadian vampire rock and roll comedy film 'Suck' premiered at the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival. Alex Lifeson makes a cameo appearance playing a U.S. Border Officer"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5wm6F4LjjQ

Re: Alex's cameo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:55 am
by JrnyScarab
Liam wrote:This is taken from Power Window's FB page. Alex is a shitty border patrol guy. LOL

"Three years ago today, the Canadian vampire rock and roll comedy film 'Suck' premiered at the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival. Alex Lifeson makes a cameo appearance playing a U.S. Border Officer"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5wm6F4LjjQ


Mean ole Alex! LOL :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:14 am
by Liam
I love that "Hey...I used to be in a band". LOL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:18 am
by JrnyScarab
Liam wrote:I love that "Hey...I used to be in a band". LOL


I'm afraid it won't be too long before that's true :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:24 am
by Liam
I'm actually preparing myself for this to be the last tour...as much as that bothers me...I don't want them to be the Stones. Running on fumes, putting out uninspired music. Then again...one of Rush's new albums could be Neil farting on a snare drum for 45 minutes, and it'd be a must have for me. LOL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:36 am
by JrnyScarab
Liam wrote:Then again...one of Rush's new albums could be Neil farting on a snare drum for 45 minutes, and it'd be a must have for me. LOL



LMFAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:


I don't want to see a sloppy diminished RUSH either. When they can't perform up to standard, that will be it I imagine. The boys have alluded to the fact that physically it is beginning to take it's toll. Don't forget, the Professor has been hitting those drums as hard as he can for like 40 years. Gotta break down at some point.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:52 am
by Liam
I'm well aware of it. :(

They really NEED a Time Machine. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:35 am
by MCM
Liam wrote:I'm actually preparing myself for this to be the last tour...as much as that bothers me...I don't want them to be the Stones. Running on fumes, putting out uninspired music. Then again...one of Rush's new albums could be Neil farting on a snare drum for 45 minutes, and it'd be a must have for me. LOL



I've had the feeling this is it ever since I heard CA. I think the album is a life retrospective and a good-bye . We are three shows in and I thought their energy as a group and individually was higher last night in Pittsburgh than it was in Manchester, but it can't last forever, They are years ahead of me and I couldn't do what they are doing every other day.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:41 am
by Liam
Who knows...even if they DO give up the road, MAYBE they'll keep the records up as long as they can. But I doubt it considering they addressed in an R30 interview that the fans needed something for them to tour on, so they made Feedback.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:11 am
by JRNYMAN
Jumping in here a bit late I know but, with regard to the discussion about this possibly being their last hurrah as it were... I have to believe that as fan-oriented and truly grateful to us as they are that they wouldn't just disappear into oblivion. When they decide to call it a day (which they may very well have already done...) wouldn't it be more likely that they would do a final world tour billed as their farewell tour. Maybe a 3 hour show chronicling the band's history...... oh wait...... DAMN!!! :lol: :lol: Seriously though... you get what I'm saying right?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:30 am
by Liam
Here's hopin' for R40

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:28 am
by captexshreve
Liam wrote:Here's hopin' for R40


You got that right!
I think(hope) we'll get another go around next year and at least one more disc/tour...farewell or otherwise...after that.
8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:12 am
by Liam
One thing's for sure....they'd NEVER shaft their fans like certain other bands mentioned on this site.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:30 am
by MCM
captexshreve wrote:
Liam wrote:Here's hopin' for R40


You got that right!
I think(hope) we'll get another go around next year and at least one more disc/tour...farewell or otherwise...after that.
8)


I don't think we'll see them doing the "Farewell Tour" thing. I think they will quietly hang it up and move on to other things, more writing, films, production, etc..

We're going to get some more North American dates before and after they go to Europe next year.. after that we can only hope.. It's all been gravy since 97, we're very fortunate.. not that I don't want more. NOW!! It's depressing not having a show to look forward to.