MelodicRock.com Concert - South Bend, Indiana, October 6

All past and current talk for MelodicRockFest 1, 2 and 3?

Moderator: Andrew

MelodicRock.com Concert - South Bend, Indiana, October 6

Postby Andrew » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:16 pm

PRESS RELEASE

Some of the biggest names in the Melodic Rock world will converge on South Bend, Indiana on October 6 for a very special One Night Only performance to mark the 10th Anniversary of popular rock music website MelodicRock.com.
MelodicRockFest will be the melodic rock music event of the year.
Never before have so many megastars of the business gathered to appear on the one stage at the same time.
The artists have responded to an invitation from site owner Andrew McNeice, to take part in the biggest rock n roll party of the year at one of the Midwest’s most prestigious and historic venues, the Morris Performing Arts Center.
South Bend’s #1 Classic Rock station 95.3 WAOR will present the show and promote heavily in the weeks leading up to the October 6 show date.

The show headliner will be a star studded affair – the foundation of which will be an all-star vehicle in itself.
Scrap Metal is the Nashville based all-star band featuring Gunnar & Matthew Nelson (Nelson), Kelly Keagy (Night Ranger), Mark Slaughter (Slaughter), Eric Martin (Mr. Big), Dave Marshall (Vince Neil Band) and Gary Corbett (Lou Gramm Band/Cinderella).
Joining the Scrap Metal on stage for this special expanded headline set will be several very special guests which will turn this show into a once in a lifetime event.
Special guests include Jack Blades (Night Ranger), Jim Peterik (Survivor), Jimi Jamison (Survivor), Jeff Scott Soto and Joe Lynn Turner (Rainbow, Deep Purple).
The band’s regular set sees them plough through hit singles from the acts represented by the rockers - Slaughter, Nelson, Mr. Big and Night Ranger.
The special expanded headlining set will also cover the classic hits from Survivor, Damn Yankees, Rainbow and Deep Purple.

Eric Martin will deliver the biggest hits of his career from Mr. Big; Mark Slaughter sings those Slaughter hits that become radio staples in the early 90s and Gunnar and Matthew Nelson will remind us of the brilliant harmonies that Nelson delivered from their smash hit debut album.
For the first time in over a decade on US soil, Survivor founder Jim Peterik will share the stage with the vocalist responsible for some of the band’s most loved hits, Jimi Jamison, for a special Survivor set.
Drummer and vocalist Kelly Keagy will be joined by the his Night Ranger band mate - frontman Jack Blades for a blistering set of Night Ranger and Damn Yankees hits.
Joe Lynn Turner flies in from New York City to belt out his best Rainbow and Deep Purple hits.
Several other surprises are planned and final details of some performances are still being held top secret.

The headline act is just one highlight of this very special event.
Canada’s best and most loved melodic rock band Harem Scarem will make their USA debut after some 17 years in the business.
Having toured Canada, United Kingdom, Europe, Spain and Japan, the guys have only ever played one show on US soil. The recent release of their 11th studio album proves the guys are as hungry and as fresh as ever and just why they have the reputation for always delivering the goods.
Having toured on their own bill as well as playing support to the likes of Hardline, Van Halen and Foreigner, the band will show old and new fans alike something to remember.

It will be a night of special events and Kevin Chalfant is certainly a man capable of delivering more surprises.
In a special full band appearance, Kevin will perform a show that will pay tribute to the music of AOR legends Journey, as well as covering his own hits with The Storm and as a solo artist.
Kevin Chalfant possesses an amazing voice that is the very definition of melodic rock music. This voice has seen him work with the guys from Journey as well as forming the band The Storm with former Journey alumni Gregg Rolie and Steve Smith.
He went on to form Two Fires and has just released a new studio album paying tribute to the music of Journey. On this show, you’ll hear it all.

Martie Peters may not be a name familiar to many, but he is an integral part of what has defined MelodicRock.com over the years.
Martie is a hard working artist that delivers passionate, harmony filled rock n roll year after year, and like many artists in the world, works hard at his craft in order to produce the highest possible quality albums for his fans and with each album continues to build upon that fan base.
His biggest influence sound and style wise is White Lion and in particular frontman of the band Mike Tramp. But he is also a unique character and on this night will represent the many independent artists out there that make killer music but don’t get the deserved recognition.
After his performance I have no doubt that many more will be converted to his music.

7th Heaven should be no strangers to followers of the Melodic Rock scene. The guys have built a considerable fan base in the greater Chicago area and across the globe. Another indie artist that works hard at their craft, their breakthrough debut album Silver has won critical acclaim from press and fans alike.
With a new frontman in Keith Semple, they are ready to take it to the next level.

Opening the show is a hot new Los Angeles based hard rock outfit First Round Knockout. Their energetic take no prisoners approach will I’m sure, make an impact with those present today and will help them make in roads for the future.
Their debut album is being worked on now and will be showcased at this event.

Tickets for this one night only even go on sale June 30 via the Morris Box Office – online at www.morriscenter.ticketforce.com or by Phone: 574-235-9190.
The Morris Box Office is open Monday - Friday, 10:00am - 6:00pm; Saturday, 10:00am - 2:00pm.
Tickets are priced at $45, $35 and $25.

MelodicRock.com is run by Australian based journalist Andrew McNeice and first made its debut in the first week of January 1997.
Since that time it has become one of the most respected and leading websites in the world, taking in 27 million hits and currently services 200,000 unique users per month.

All artists will be available on the day to sign autographs and meet fans. Merchandise from MelodicRock.com and the participating artists will be on sale throughout the day.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby DerriD » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:10 pm

Perhaps a band from England that had monster albums in 1983 and 1987 should be forwarded this article. :D

Congratulations on 10 years! You're practically my only music source anymore.
DerriD
LP

Postby SunshineTwilight » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:27 pm

CAN'T WAIT!!!! 8)
SunshineTwilight
8 Track

Postby T-Bone » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:13 pm

I'm going to consult with the War Department to see if I can get out to this :oops: :wink:
We, The Inept, Lead by the Incompetent, have been doing so much, with so little, for so long... We can practically do anything, with absolutely nothing.
T-Bone
Backup Admin

Postby jrnyjetster » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:46 pm

Hey there Andrew...just curious as to why/how South Bend, Indiana was chosen for this event? Is it largely in part due to WAOR's sponsorship?
jrnyjetster
Cassette Tape

Postby T-Bone » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:55 pm

jrnyjetster wrote:Hey there Andrew...just curious as to why/how South Bend, Indiana was chosen for this event? Is it largely in part due to WAOR's sponsorship?

I think it was mostly due to the fact that it's pretty much right in the middle of the USA, so everyone would have a decent chance of getting there :wink:
We, The Inept, Lead by the Incompetent, have been doing so much, with so little, for so long... We can practically do anything, with absolutely nothing.
T-Bone
Backup Admin

Postby NealIsGod » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:15 pm

T-Bone wrote:
jrnyjetster wrote:Hey there Andrew...just curious as to why/how South Bend, Indiana was chosen for this event? Is it largely in part due to WAOR's sponsorship?

I think it was mostly due to the fact that it's pretty much right in the middle of the USA, so everyone would have a decent chance of getting there :wink:

Yeah, smart move. I think it's gonna sell out and be the first of many shows.
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby WalrusOct9 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:01 am

I'm so there, if for no other reason than Harem and JSS. :)

JSS should bring his band...this might be the only chance he gets to sing any of his solo material for awhile. Doubt it will happen, but I can dream.

Are there seats on the floor or is this going to be a real concert? ;) Seats are for geezers and total pussies. One cannot rock sitting down.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby AOR rules » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:32 pm

Nice to see that our chief commander Andrew has earned such a respect in melodic rock circles that this kind of concert is possible. Concratulations for 10 years, too bad I became aware of this site only 2005 but better late than never.
AOR rules
Ol' 78

Postby montyollie » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:26 am

I am absolutely DROOLING at the idea of this!! Andrew thank you sooooooooooo much for everything you do and for putting this on. I'm so excited!!!

You know I missed my hero, Jimi Jamison in Texas this year as he was rained out. I'm going to drive the 12 odd hours to Indiana for this one. It's so worth it.

So can you raffle off a couple of backstage passes, my friend? I'll write a kick ass essay entitled "Why I deserve the backstage passes to the AOR event of the year!!" LOL

Jo
You can't change the wind, but you can change the sails.
-- Frankie Sullivan

'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*: http://montyollie.livejournal.com :*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'`
montyollie
45 RPM

I can't wait!

Postby lukather4prez » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:40 pm

Andrew, this is great news and I'm sure it will be a legendarly moment in many lives and hopefully this will raise a few spirits, glasses /pints and make a few bucks for the site and yourself. You deserve it mate!! All the hard work you do and all the work you have done for most if not all of these folks I hope they are eager and happy to be there.

Harem Scarem im not to familiar with but looking forward to hearing as well as all the guys and who knows maybe some surprises???

Didn't know Jamo n Jp were still in Survivor ( :D ) I like the line-up and can't wait to hear Eric Matt n Gunnar!! awesome. get your aussie ass over here n party naked with us!!

c.m.

AND JEFF SOTO 2??? REALLY?? HOLY POTATOES!!! Stand up n shout ! New Position!

white gravy moment there.

:wink:
lukather4prez
Ol' 78

Postby Rocker Chic » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:31 am

WalrusOct9 wrote:I'm so there, if for no other reason than Harem and JSS. :)

I *SO* hear you! Harem Scarem *never* plays the US, so this is definitely road-trip worthy. :D And since it's so damned hard to get Jeff Scott Soto over to the East Coast (come on dude, come visit the family! 8) ), I guess I'll have to settle for Indiana! :wink: Besides this event also has some of my other favorites (Joe Lynn Turner, Kelly Keagy, The Nelsons, Jack Blades, Eric Martin, Jimi Jamison) and it will be great to finally see Chalfant and Peterik, too.

The added bonus is sure to be finally getting to meet Andrew face to face :wink: , as well as many other Noticeboard regulars that I've talked (typed) with for the last 10 years. :D I've met a few over the last few years and they are everything that they seemed to be, therefore, I can't wait to put more faces to the names. Many of you guys/gals have helped me broaden my musical horizons so much, that it would be fantastic to get to hang, party, and toss a few back with you all. 8)

WalrusOct9 wrote:Are there seats on the floor or is this going to be a real concert? ;) Seats are for geezers and total pussies. One cannot rock sitting down.

Actually, the venue is a theater with seating throughout. No standing room other than in front of your seat. The one good thing about this show is, I'm sure all of us will be standing anyway, so I don't expect anyone to complain at all. :wink:

Will be driving from NYC for this! Andrew, you're my idol. 8)
Rocker Chic
8 Track

Postby Rocker Chic » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:35 am

montyollie wrote:So can you raffle off a couple of backstage passes, my friend? I'll write a kick ass essay entitled "Why I deserve the backstage passes to the AOR event of the year!!"

Actually, Jo, Andrew has said over on the Noticeboard that the artists will be available to meet, sign autographs, get pictures, etc., so not only are we the audience, but we're also VIPs! :D

Isn't Andrew the coolest???? 8)
Rocker Chic
8 Track

Postby Andrew » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:59 am

Rocker Chic wrote:
montyollie wrote:So can you raffle off a couple of backstage passes, my friend? I'll write a kick ass essay entitled "Why I deserve the backstage passes to the AOR event of the year!!"

Actually, Jo, Andrew has said over on the Noticeboard that the artists will be available to meet, sign autographs, get pictures, etc., so not only are we the audience, but we're also VIPs! :D

Yep, thanks RC :)

Just got off the phone with Harry Hess...and Harem can't wait to play....
Andrew
Administrator

Postby MCC620 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:21 am

Looking forward to this show. :D
MCC620
8 Track

Postby WalrusOct9 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:08 am

I know it would never happen, but I'm curious...

If any non-US band really deserved a chance to play in front of a US audience, it's Thunder...were they ever approached to do this? I'd give my left nut to see them, been a fan for years, unfortunately I'm stuck in the US, a bad place to be for music. I'm just curious if this was ever considered.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby RocknRoll » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:12 pm

WalrusOct9 wrote:I know it would never happen, but I'm curious...

If any non-US band really deserved a chance to play in front of a US audience, it's Thunder...were they ever approached to do this? I'd give my left nut to see them, been a fan for years, unfortunately I'm stuck in the US, a bad place to be for music. I'm just curious if this was ever considered.

I saw Thunder in the UK and immediately starting buying CDs. Great band that I would love to see live in the US. Also, how about Danny Vaughn? I absolutely love Traveler and have picked up the Tyketto CDs as well.

Andrew I hope you're working on next years show. BTW. I was just in your side of the world. What a great country and really great people. Unfortunately I didn't make it down to Hobart since I wasn't looking for winter. Too much rain in Sydney but I know you guys needed it desparately so it was all good.

See you all in South Bend
RocknRoll
Cassette Tape

Postby WescottF1 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:42 am

Third row center - AWW YEAH!

Someone who got front row already has 'em on Ebay for minimum bid of $225/pair :roll:
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin ImageImage
WescottF1
Fresh Air

Postby montyollie » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:56 am

GRRRRRRRRRRR It's all fucked up. Order didn't process because it didn't like my Canadian postal code and told me to NOT try again or it would disable my credit card . Told me to call a number and that number is closed until Monday.

Your order is not complete and your tickets will not be secured until you click on the "Place Order" button
at the bottom of this page.

- Address Verification (Zip Code) failed. The Billing Adress Zip Code must match the Zip Code on your Credit Card Statement.

PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PLACE ORDER AGAIN. Your Order Did Not Process - Multiple attempts to process this order may result in debit or credit card funds being unavailable. Please Call The Morris Performing Arts Center Box Office at 574-235-9190

I'm fucked now. I won't be able to get good seats. If I can't get good seats I'm not going.

I am so mad right now.
-- Frankie Sullivan

montyollie
45 RPM

Postby Penny » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:33 am

Congrats Andrew. Well done mate. Have a blast. I'd be there if I could but it's a bit far. :D
Reaching out to catch a piece of paradise
Penny
LP

Postby NealIsGod » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:22 pm

Andrew wrote:
Rocker Chic wrote:

Yep, thanks RC :)

Just got off the phone with Harry Hess...and Harem can't wait to play....

I am dying to meet Joe Lynn Turner. One of the greatest voices in rock history, IMO. Can you set that up, Drew? :lol:
NealIsGod
MP3

Postby montyollie » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:49 pm

Shit, I just looked again and all the orchestra tickets are gone. It's too late for me. I'm so mad about that stupid billing system.

Looks like I might not be going. I'll admit it, I'm one of those concert snobs who doesn't go if I can't get good tickets.

DRAT!
-- Frankie Sullivan

montyollie
45 RPM

Postby T-Bone » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:15 pm

According to their map thing, there's 1 seat left in Orchestra right row K seat 7

And there's alot left in the 2nd half of the main floor
T-Bone
Backup Admin

Postby Lady Luck » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:57 pm

Almost all of row A in the right center 1st balcony section is available too. Those would be great seats!
Lady Luck
Cassette Tape

Postby Andrew » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:24 am

montyollie wrote:Shit, I just looked again and all the orchestra tickets are gone. It's too late for me. I'm so mad about that stupid billing system.

Looks like I might not be going. I'll admit it, I'm one of those concert snobs who doesn't go if I can't get good tickets.

DRAT!

PLENTY of good seats left....PLENTY!
We need all the support possible, so do it for the site....support this show!!!!!!!

Tickets in the mezz are still available...and this place is small, so plenty of floor seats left...great view from everywhere.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby LtVanish » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:19 pm

I'm on board got some good seats in the middle on main floor. This is gonna be an awesome show. Thanks Andrew for setting this thing up, and it is only 60 miles from my house.
Wig Wam is the greatest band since bread was sliced.
LtVanish
Cassette Tape

Postby Rocker Chic » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:10 am

NealIsGod wrote:I am dying to meet Joe Lynn Turner. One of the greatest voices in rock history, IMO. Can you set that up, Drew? :lol:

The artists have been asked to be available to meet fans, etc. I have met Joe Lynn Turner (once) and he is very approachable and down to earth. One of the most kind and appreciative rock stars you ever want to meet. I'd love to get a chance to meet him again. He's one of my all-time favorite vocalists!
Rocker Chic
8 Track

Postby RocknRoll » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:11 am

montyollie wrote:Shit, I just looked again and all the orchestra tickets are gone. It's too late for me. I'm so mad about that stupid billing system.

DRAT!

I have an extra Orhestra Left Row C Seat 1. So should be 7th row Orchestra on the inside aisle. Let me know if you want it.

Valerie
RocknRoll
Cassette Tape

Postby Don Wishon » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:49 am

We are coming up from Dallas and meeting a friend from Detroit.

Main Floor - Center - Row M

I also mentioned Rik Emmett to Andrew, as well as Randy Jackson of ZEBRA, Terry Brock, and Mark Mangold, artists that I know and help promote.

Looking forward to meeting Joe Lynn Turner as well.
Don Wishon
Ol' 78

Postby NealIsGod » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:52 am

Don Wishon wrote:We are coming up from Dallas and meeting a friend from Detroit.

Main Floor - Center - Row M

I also mentioned Rik Emmett to Andrew, as well as Randy Jackson of ZEBRA, Terry Brock, and Mark Mangold, artists that I know and help promote.

Looking forward to meeting Joe Lynn Turner as well.

I mentioned Zebra to Drew, too. Haven't seen them live since 3.V came out.
NealIsGod
MP3

Next

Return to MelodicRockFest