Harem Scarem

All past and current talk for MelodicRockFest 1, 2 and 3?

Moderator: Andrew

Harem Scarem

Postby Andrew » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:18 pm

Harem Scarem's set at MelodicRockFest will be their 2nd last date EVER...see frontpage for details.

GET TO THIS SHOW - SEE THESE GUYS!!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:34 am

Wow, sad and monumental...
Rhiannon
MP3

Postby GuitarDog » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:20 am

I had posted on another show thread about how excited I was to finally see Harem Scarem live. Being an Indiana native, I didn't think they would ever play the US. Turns out, this will be my only chance to see them live, ever.

Now that excitement is mixed a bit with sadness. Thanks to Harem Scarem for 20 years of great music.

Whatever lies ahead for Harry, Pete, Barry, and Creighton, I wish them all the best.

I urge everyone to get to this show or catch them at FireFest.
GuitarDog
Fresh Air

Postby WalrusOct9 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:04 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about the news, but now even more grateful of this one chance to see them...a band I never thought I'd ever actually get a chance to see.

And a band I never would've even heard of if it wasn't for this site.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby 7 Wishes » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:51 pm

I've always wondered why they didn't tour more. They had the momentum of 200,000 records sold and international acclaim after "Weight of the World". The writing has been on the wall for a few years, though - Pete and Harry have been producing a lot of newer artists' music, and they've both put out solo records. Why this happened will always be a mystery to me...
7 Wishes
Stereo LP

Postby mrsromek » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:41 am

I am actually a bit disappointed in myself that I did not get any of their albums prior to checking them out about two months ago (in anticipation of seeing them at the MelodicrockFest shows in Indiana). Talk about a solid band in terms of lyrics and melodies. I am definitely looking forward to seeing them in October. I, too, found it odd they have never really played in the US.
mrsromek
45 RPM

Return to MelodicRockFest