Scrap Metal Set List :)

All past and current talk for MelodicRockFest 1, 2 and 3?

Moderator: Andrew

Scrap Metal Set List :)

Postby Andrew » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:41 pm

I'm just going through some track ideas with the guys...seeing what will be played on the night....by them and the special guests.

WOW - this is going to be simply amazing to see/hear. So many songs and so many hits.

But for the die-hards in the audience, I'm trying to get a few curve balls included in there. My personal requests :) At least 2 maybe 3 songs....will be interested to hear what folks think on the night!
Andrew
Administrator

Re: Scrap Metal Set List :)

Postby Rocker Chic » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:59 pm

Andrew wrote:But for the die-hards in the audience, I'm trying to get a few curve balls included in there. My personal requests :) At least 2 maybe 3 songs....will be interested to hear what folks think on the night!

Since you're paying so much attention to detail on this, Andrew, I'm sure that you've already thought of this, but... :roll:

Will you be compiling music to be played over the PAs between acts from our genre (especially those acts that you tried to get, but you couldn't)? :wink: What about playing some of those MR Compilations, too, to help boost some of your sales? :) I know that lots of venues sometimes tailor their background music to the audience, so to have the day play melodic rock "all the time" would make it truly a non-stop party! :mrgreen:
Rocker Chic
8 Track

Postby WalrusOct9 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:10 am

I'd love to hear any Mr. Big songs that aren't "To Be With You" and "Wild World." They'll probably do "Alive And Kickin'" or something but man would it be awesome to hear something deep from them, even something off the Kotzen LP's that no one ever mentions...
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby Liam » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:45 am

If you're playing music in between sets...make sure to play Butterfly. :lol:
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Postby Granny » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:00 am

Liam wrote:If you're playing music in between sets...make sure to play Butterfly. :lol:

Liam, I hate that song...I have tried to listen to it and tried to like it, but no way...it sucks!
Carol

Granny
Stereo LP

Postby Liam » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:22 am

Granny wrote:
Liam wrote:If you're playing music in between sets...make sure to play Butterfly. :lol:

Liam, I hate that song...I have tried to listen to it and tried to like it, but no way...it sucks!

I know. Nobody really likes it...that's the joke. ;-) :lol:
Liam

"It ain't how hard you can hit. It's how hard you can get it, and keep goin'." - Rocky
Liam
MP3

Re: Scrap Metal Set List :)

Postby Andrew » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:25 am

Rocker Chic wrote:
Andrew wrote:But for the die-hards in the audience, I'm trying to get a few curve balls included in there. My personal requests :) At least 2 maybe 3 songs....will be interested to hear what folks think on the night!

Since you're paying so much attention to detail on this, Andrew, I'm sure that you've already thought of this, but... :roll:

Will you be compiling music to be played over the PAs between acts from our genre (especially those acts that you tried to get, but you couldn't)? :wink: What about playing some of those MR Compilations, too, to help boost some of your sales? :) I know that lots of venues sometimes tailor their background music to the audience, so to have the day play melodic rock "all the time" would make it truly a non-stop party! :mrgreen:

I have a bud who is a DJ....he'll be plugging in during change overs and playing a few cuts from the comps and what not. But right now I'm working on just 15 minute change overs between sets, so it's gonna be one hell of a ride!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:26 am

WalrusOct9 wrote:I'd love to hear any Mr. Big songs that aren't "To Be With You" and "Wild World." They'll probably do "Alive And Kickin'" or something but man would it be awesome to hear something deep from them, even something off the Kotzen LP's that no one ever mentions...

I think those 3 songs are set, but you may hear one EM sung track you won't be expecting.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Bon411 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:50 am

I'm REALLY hoping to hear Green Tinted Sixties Mind!!!!!
~Sometime's It's A Bitch, Sometime's It's A Breeze~
Bon411
Radio Waves

Postby Rocker Chic » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:29 am

See? I just knew you had the changeover music already taken care of! 8)

Andrew wrote:I think those 3 songs are set, but you may hear one EM sung track you won't be expecting.

Andrew, honey, you can be such a tease! :twisted:

:D
Rocker Chic
8 Track

Postby WalrusOct9 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:09 am

How's this...I'll put an extra few bucks toward the show if they DON'T play "Wild World." :lol:

I love Eric and Mr. Big, but that song just reaked of the whole "Your new album doesn't have a single, so record this cheesy cover of a song everyone already knows so we can get some airplay." Although I never really got into the Bump Ahead record to begin with, so...meh.

I'll be pretty happy with anything rockin' that Eric sings...not really familiar with much of the other guys' stuff, but he still has a f'ing awesome voice.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby mrsromek » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:47 am

My vote is for Kelly and Jack to definitely play something from the new Night Ranger CD. I got this a couple of weeks ago from somewhere across the Atlantic ocean. To my fellow US fans of NR, get this CD now! Do not wait until it is released here. Yes, their older stuff is what everyone knows and wants to hear, but I commend, and thank, them for putting out new music. It is a solid CD from top to bottom!

I would also like to hear JSS do something from the Rockstar CD.

I am also looking forward to hearing some songs from The Storm CD.

Come to think of it, there is a lot I am looking forward to hearing, so I will just leave it at that!
mrsromek
45 RPM

Postby Deb » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:35 pm

Andrew wrote:
WalrusOct9 wrote:I'd love to hear any Mr. Big songs that aren't "To Be With You" and "Wild World." They'll probably do "Alive And Kickin'" or something but man would it be awesome to hear something deep from them, even something off the Kotzen LP's that no one ever mentions...

I think those 3 songs are set, but you may hear one EM sung track you won't be expecting.

Good to hear on both counts! :D
Deb
MP3

Postby donnaplease » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:07 am

Deb wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Good to hear on both counts! :D

This is getting sooo exciting!!!! :D 8) :D
donnaplease
Stereo LP

Postby cyndy! » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:51 am

here are my eric martin requests:
kisses stain
green-tinted sixties mind
voodoo kiss
i'm only fooling myself
over my heart
cyndy!
Cassette Tape

yt in the area

Postby sniper16 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:38 am

maybe y&t could stop by and do an acoustic set on there way to cleveland.
sniper16
8 Track

Re: yt in the area

Postby Rocker Chic » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:41 am

sniper16 wrote:maybe y&t could stop by and do an acoustic set on there way to cleveland.

Nah, that's okay... :roll: Let Scrap Metal, Harem Scarem, JSS, Joe Lynn Turner, Kevin Chalfant, and Jimmi Jameson simply perform longer! :D
Rocker Chic
8 Track

Postby ymsf » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:05 am

Play "Stay Together". That is Mr Big's greatest song.
ymsf
Radio Waves

Postby Moon Beam » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:00 am

WalrusOct9 wrote:How's this...I'll put an extra few bucks toward the show if they DON'T play "Wild World." :lol:

Here here!.....I'm sure I'll be nowhere to be seen if that one gets played.
It just irks me beyond. :lol:

Love the option of being able to go have a walk around outside if I need to.
Nice touch Wombat!
http://moonbeamsmindgrounds.blogspot.com/
Good, Bad Or Ugly, Live It, Love It Or Leave It.
Moon Beam
Digital Audio Tape

Postby AR » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:58 pm

mrsromek wrote:My vote is for Kelly and Jack to definitely play something from the new Night Ranger CD. I got this a couple of weeks ago from somewhere across the Atlantic ocean. To my fellow US fans of NR, get this CD now! Do not wait until it is released here. Yes, their older stuff is what everyone knows and wants to hear, but I commend, and thank, them for putting out new music. It is a solid CD from top to bottom!

I would also like to hear JSS do something from the Rockstar CD.

I am also looking forward to hearing some songs from The Storm CD.

Come to think of it, there is a lot I am looking forward to hearing, so I will just leave it at that!

No offense, I hate the new Night Ranger CD, and I'm a fan.
AR is just a longtime net troll who is bored with trolling just Journey most of the time so he's looking for other places to troll and get reactions.

"StillStanding" from the karaoke Boston forum and night manager at Home Depot
AR
Digital Audio Tape

Postby WalrusOct9 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:23 am

ymsf wrote:Play "Stay Together". That is Mr Big's greatest song.

It's a great song but it's a solo Paul Gilbert composition, so I doubt it. (aside from the fact very few people seem to have ever heard it)

Too bad Gilbert couldn't play this show...I've been wanting to see him live for years...stupid Midwest. :roll:
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Return to MelodicRockFest