Chalfant Setlist??

All past and current talk for MelodicRockFest 1, 2 and 3?

Moderator: Andrew

Chalfant Setlist??

Postby jclrascal » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:14 pm

Was not able to get up there this weekend for the show due to my boys' football games, but I have enjoyed reading all of the reviews. I may have missed it somewhere on the site, but I have not seen the setlist from Kevin Chalfant's show. Can anyone help me? Any other KC show commentary would also be greatly appreciated...

LLRNR,

Jack the Rascal
jclrascal
Radio Waves

Re: Chalfant Setlist??

Postby Aaron » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:04 pm

Jack,

Kevin played a pretty good set from my view. I felt he did way too many Journey songs as I'd much rather hear his own The Storm/Two Fires stuff. He demonstrated he had the range but some thought he didn't have as much in the lower registers. I'm not sure of the actual set list as I was enjoying the show. Ramos was there and was a highlight for me. What a player and as showman Josh was. I'm sure others can add more details.

L8r,

Aaron

jclrascal wrote:Was not able to get up there this weekend for the show due to my boys' football games, but I have enjoyed reading all of the reviews. I may have missed it somewhere on the site, but I have not seen the setlist from Kevin Chalfant's show. Can anyone help me? Any other KC show commentary would also be greatly appreciated...

LLRNR,

Jack the Rascal
Taking life a quarter mile at a time .... [img]
Aaron
Cassette Tape

Postby jclrascal » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:15 am

Aaron,

Thanks for the reply...sounds like Kevin put on a great show and Ramos is a kick butt guitarist as well. I knew that Kevin would be heavy on the Journey tunes due to the tribute album promotion strategy. He had indicated in a couple of interviews beforehand that he would be playing "several" Journey songs. Like you, I would have preferred to hear Two Fires, Storm and solo material and maybe just a couple of Journey songs.

I am still looking for an exact setlist for the Chalfant show and any other comments...can anyone else besides Aaron help me out here??

Running With the Wind,

Jack the Rascal
jclrascal
Radio Waves

Postby WalrusOct9 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:29 am

I liked his set but I thought the pacing was weird...I figured he'd do his mini-Journey set at the end since it's by far the most well known songs in his setlist...it seemed kind of odd to play DSB so early instead of ending with it...but that's just me.

Ramos was borderline ridiculous onstage, but the dude can play...although I don't think they really got to soundcheck him properly because he was never loud enough in the mix, unfortunately.
-Steve C.
WalrusOct9
Cassette Tape

Postby RockInDetroit » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:44 pm

I personally don't understand tribute albums. Would you rather hear Kevvin Chalfont do Journey or Journey do Journey. if I feel like hearing Journey I just put on my Journey cd.
RockInDetroit
LP

Postby jclrascal » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:06 pm

Still would love to have someone rattle off Kevin's setlist from this show...Anyone? Anyone? Bueller??

Running With the Wind,

Jack the Rascal
jclrascal
Radio Waves

Postby sniper16 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:27 am

cant remember the entire set had too good a time too.
but he opened with megaforce- 707
runnin with the wind- solo
lot to learn- storm
a little fuzzy on the rest but i think
show me the way, and you keep me waiting
a couple of 2 fires tunes
maybe dont stop belevin and feeling that way/ anytime
sniper16
8 Track

Return to MelodicRockFest