Vocal Coach Analysis

Strange Talking Street Medicine

Moderators: Andrew, T-Bone

Vocal Coach Analysis

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:51 am

I just watched this vocal coach analysis video on Steve. Interesting!

There's a ton of reaction videos out there now. Some are better than others. If nothing else, they're worth watching for the first time reaction.

This isn't a reaction video. It's an in-depth explanation of his singing by a vocal coach. Really breaks down the science of his vocal approach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYZZ0lejfJo
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Re: Vocal Coach Analysis

Postby Pelata » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:07 am

That is very interesting to hear. Thanks!
Pelata
Cassette Tape

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:11 am

Pelata wrote:That is very interesting to hear. Thanks!

You're welcome!
"Serenity now...insanity later."
Art Vandelay
Cassette Tape

Postby Arkansas » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:50 pm

I think this is almost revisionist history, if you will. I don't think that Perry, back in the day, purposely thought I'll use more chest voice here, then head voice there, or on this note I'll mix the two...but on this phrase it's all falsetto. Etc, etc, crap.

Now then, it'd be really cool for Perry to say that he had some classical coach all through the years that taught him the physical abilities on how to control his voice. But that didn't happen. He was just a natural talent doing his thing.

I think it's really cool that this chick thinks she's figured him out, and she does make sense. But she doesn't know that he sang with intentional physical structure. (Really, it's just click bait for all the Perry Heads to keep him in God status, no?)

I think that Perry was just singing. And he was just singing however he felt at the time. No less, no more.

later~
Arkansas
Stereo LP

Postby Loneman1 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:59 pm

Arkansas wrote:I think that Perry was just singing. And he was just singing however he felt at the time. No less, no more.

Yup, and I can't remember the interview but he's since thought back on all the ultra high notes he hit in the late 70's and now wonders what the hell he was thinking going all out that high! Even Perry thinks old school Perry was nuts! :lol:
Rock on,
Eric
Loneman1
8 Track

Return to Steve Perry